Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Demps : AD will play the rest of the season

If you want a tank, you want AD playing. The team looks defeated with him. Actually had some fight when he was gone.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Honestly, what does this change? Had he not requested a trade now and played out the season the risk for injury does not change. This changes nothing compared to where we were two weeks ago. Except now we just know he won't be signing the extension.
    You are incorrect. With a JV team, we lost 3 games by less than 5 points. With AD, those 3 are possible wins & we would be 2 1/2 games out of 8th & 4games out of 5th. Sooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    If you want a tank, you want AD playing. The team looks defeated with him. Actually had some fight when he was gone.
    This is true. Paradox

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I blame all y’all. Each and every one of you.

AD playing does not help with tanking. Our guys are seasoned pros. Not kids like the Lakers have. They understand this is a business. They will continue to play hard with or without him. With AD back we will win more games, period. If we were going to do this, we may as well have kept Mirotic and really try to make the playoffs. None of this makes any sense. It's like Dell is making it up as he goes along.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You are incorrect. With a JV team, we lost 3 games by less than 5 points. With AD, those 3 are possible wins & we would be 2 1/2 games out of 8th & 4games out of 5th. Sooooo.
    Maybe they still want to make the playoffs. The Clips and Mavs are probably on the tank train now. That's two that are ahead of us. That leaves the Kings, lakers, and Wolves as our competition for the eighth seed.

Again, I think we should probably tank now but it doesn't appear that will happen.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    i'm sorry that's nonsense. he can score 50 on his own. name another player on this squad that can do that?

I don’t blame Demps or the team. It’s obvious the team was pressured by the league. It sucks because I enjoyed the last 5 games. Now it will be harder to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    i'm sorry that's nonsense. he can score 50 on his own. name another player on this squad that can do that?
    You obviously have paid no attention to Solomon Hill.

Noob.

Restrict his minutes? Seems like the way to go?

ROTFLMFAO

Gentry ain't restricting anything. Man is fighting for his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    ROTFLMFAO

Gentry ain't restricting anything. Man is fighting for his job.
    If Davis gets hurt Gentry is done.

No Scott already confirmed it won't be like he takes the court and then gets benched. The Pelicans absolutely bent the knee on this one. They better have made some back door promises of giving the Pels a top 3 pick or something because it's absolutely insane that they would force this standpoint and that the Pelicans would go along without fighting it.

Also AD is a ***** for this.

About the only good news is we know AD is going to hyper extend a finger or something and that will give us the excuse we need to park him on the bench.

And the absolute worst part about this is how shocking it is! Nobody saw it coming...

Demps : AD will play the rest of the season

Lakers poo poo trash platter just beat the Celtics all stars .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 02-07-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Not to mention this will screw up our draft pick
    I wouldn't doubt that the league threatened to punish the franchise by taking their draft pick if they didn't play him. I feel like they would have just paid a fine if that had been an option.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    I told you guys, if he has any incentives in his contract, AD would have a case against them under the CBA. That and Demps is just so far in over his head. The guys has zero business running an NBA franchise.
    What the hell are you even talking about? Is this stemming from us not taking the Lakers' garbage out for them?

But Tatum did have the best +/- on the Celtics.

... Ingram was 20 points better on +/-, Kuzma was really good, and Lonzo didn’t play.

Glad we’re waiting guys. This is fun. I’ll be back when something else happens that no one could have predicted! Can’t wait to watch AD lead us to prime draft position to draft Keldon Johnson! Go Pels!

Smart, Jrue, Jaylen, Keldon, Julius... all those second round picks... Heck with renewing, can I upgrade our seats!?
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 02-07-2019 at 10:02 PM.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25945942

The Jump on whether the League would pressure the Pelicans to play Anthony Davis.

They should not play AD every other game and say it's for "Load Management."

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

... Ingram was 20 points better on +/-, Kuzma was really good, and Lonzo didn’t play.

Glad we’re waiting guys. This is fun. I’ll be back when something else happens that no one could have predicted! Can’t wait to watch AD lead us to prime draft position to draft Keldon Johnson! Go Pels!

Smart, Jrue, Jaylen, Keldon, Julius... all those second round picks... Heck with renewing, can I upgrade our seats!?
    Shouldn't you be on a Lakers board drooling over their big win tonight?

You are gonna look at Ingrams box & try the +\- garbage? Typical. Ingram flat out STUNK. Just because he was in the game when Kuzma & KCP, LBJ drained 7 of 8 3's, doesn't mean he played worth a lick. He was HORRENDOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You are gonna look at Ingrams box & try the +\- garbage? Typical. Ingram flat out STUNK. Just because he was in the game when Kuzma & KCP, LBJ drained 7 of 8 3's, doesn't mean he played worth a lick. He was HORRENDOUS.
    He was bad.
    +/- is a stupid stat.
    He played much better against Philly 2 weeks ago.

You didn't get what you wanted so your goal is now to just pee in the well to ruin it for everyone? Go take a walk , be happy about the ultrasound, and let it go.

Knowing AD is going to play doesn't change what we should have done in the least. We are here now like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave View Post
    Shouldn't you be on a Lakers board drooling over their big win tonight?

No. I should be sleep. Y’all don’t listen to me anyway.

Thread Information