Pelicans Report

Thread: Avoiding Embarrassing Moments On National TV/Or Not

Avoiding Embarrassing Moments On National TV/Or Not

If I was the Pels management/team/staff I wouldn't start AD - avoiding the inevitable booing from what crowd that is in the SKC. Substitute him in and out during timeouts. Therefore no announcements or glaring spotlight when he comes in and out of the game. Minimum minutes regardless - like 4 minutes a game.

Or start him, replay all of his/Lebron's and KlutchSports public comments during last few weeks on the video board and let the fans have it. Rain chants of "Lebron's Your Daddy" and "We Don't Want You" at every moment. Make it so uncomfortable that he caves. Unfortunate, but he is being used by Lebron. Turning down $300 million. I don't care what anyone says, that's a very poor business decision. Your legacy is going to be called stupid.

The NBA hasn't really considered the negative ramifications of this forced action or maybe they have. The rules are in effect to avoid resting players - the player and his representatives in question on our team has openly asked to leave. That's completely different.

But what do I know?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

I agree he should not start as he will be introduced, giving the fans ample opportunity to boo.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I agree he should not start as he will be introduced, giving the fans ample opportunity to boo.
    Or let him start and let us boo mercilessly upon him. Flash pics of Leborn on the board every time AD touches the ball. Make it an embarrassment for the NBA as well.

$100,000 per game fine...that doesn't seem too steep a fine to pay for $1.2 billion organization. It's less than what we owe Soloman Hill. Time to make a statement or mockery of the whole deal. Play him 4 minutes tonight and sit him until the NBA threatens again. Repeat.

Sounds like he agreed to miss back to backs (and he gets to pick which ones he wants to play in). However, I think there are only something like 4 back to backs remaining. So, that means he could play up to 23 games. Who the hell runs the team? Sounds like management is 3rd behind the NBA and AD.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-anthony-davis

If AD and his clown agent had played this right, nobody would have been angry for wanting to look for greener pastures. Now, let the rain of booing begin.

Sounds like he agreed to miss back to backs (and he gets to pick which ones he wants to play in). However, I think there are only something like 4 back to backs remaining. So, that means he could play up to 23 games. Who the hell runs the team? Sounds like management is 3rd behind the NBA and AD.

I said it in the other thread, but I do genuinely think that if the FO is smart, they can force the situation to where he only plays something like 10-15 games of the 28 remaining.

Sitting him on the second night of back to backs is one.
    Then, do not allow him to play through injury. If he gets a thigh contusion, sit him three games.
    Third, if he is ever ''questionable to return'' from a bump or a knock, that should mean he's not returning.
    Fourth, sit him the final three games anyway, since teams always deactivate stars at the very end of the season.

That way he could easily lose a dozen games without it being at all unusual.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    If I was the Pels management/team/staff I wouldn't start AD - avoiding the inevitable booing from what crowd that is in the SKC. Substitute him in and out during timeouts. Therefore no announcements or glaring spotlight when he comes in and out of the game. Minimum minutes regardless - like 4 minutes a game.

Or start him, replay all of his/Lebron's and KlutchSports public comments during last few weeks on the video board and let the fans have it. Rain chants of "Lebron's Your Daddy" and "We Don't Want You" at every moment. Make it so uncomfortable that he caves. Unfortunate, but he is being used by Lebron. Turning down $300 million. I don't care what anyone says, that's a very poor business decision. Your legacy is going to be called stupid.

The NBA hasn't really considered the negative ramifications of this forced action or maybe they have. The rules are in effect to avoid resting players - the player and his representatives in question on our team has openly asked to leave. That's completely different.

But what do I know?
    Be Fair, If Okafor was not injured AD would not have stareted!!!

The Pelicans do not want to play him but the NBA sent a MEMO to the Pelicans Owners that if they Bench AD (in a national TV game) they will be FINED $100,000.00 per game!!!
    But Remember Okafor was Injuried

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdee2019 View Post
    The Pelicans do not want to play him but the NBA sent a MEMO to the Pelicans Owners that if they Bench AD (in a national TV game) they will be FINED $100,000.00 per game!!!
    That's like you being a youth league coach and being told, "if you don't play this certain kid, we'll fine you $5 a game". $100K is chicken feed in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdee2019 View Post
    Thus the comment about who runs the team. Did you even read the comment/link you are commenting on?

Thread Information