Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: February 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ San Antonio Spurs - 23-29

Pelicans February 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ San Antonio Spurs - 23-29

So much has happened over the last few days, it feels like there's forever between games, but still, true to form, here is the game thread for tonight's excursion to San Antonio before we come home to play Indiana on Monday.

San Antonio are currently sat at 31-22, good for 5th in the West, and have won four straight. They have gone 10-5 so far in 2019, which is a pretty good record, and of those 5 losses, three were to OKC, LAC, and Philadelphia, which I think are teams nobody should be upset at losing to this year: they're all very good. Further, San Antonio only has one player who may potentially be out, and that's Dante Cunningham. While he does always seem to go off on us, he isn't actually a huge factor, and he might even play anyway, so who cares?

San Antonio is:

Offensive Rating: 4th
    Defensive Rating: 21st
    Rebounds: 14th
    Assists: 8th
    Steals: 29th
    Blocks: 21st
    2pt %: 19th
    3pt %: 1st

By the way, our offense has worsened recently, both in terms of general scoring (we've scored sub-100 three times in the last ten games or so), and in terms of efficiency, which means our offense is now only the 5th highest rated in the league. Which means yes, San Antonio has a better offensive rating than us.

With pretty much everyone still out, and us being on the road VS a healthy San Antonio team, I'm hoping that we show admirable fight for 44 minutes and then lose. With a loss today, we'll hit 30 on the season, and our pick will continue to creep up in quality as all-star break approaches. With a game we could win on Monday vs an Oladipo-less Pacers team, we'll want to make sure we lose tonight.

So let's go, and #DoItJustBigEnoughForItToBeFunButUltimatelyLose!
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    So much has happened over the last few days, it feels like there's forever between games, but still, true to form, here is the game thread for tonight's excursion to San Antonio before we come home to play Indiana on Monday.

San Antonio are currently sat at 31-22, good for 5th in the West, and have won four straight. They have gone 10-5 so far in 2019, which is a pretty good record, and of those 5 losses, three were to OKC, LAC, and Philadelphia, which I think are teams nobody should be upset at losing to this year: they're all very good. Further, San Antonio only has one player who may potentially be out, and that's Dante Cunningham. While he does always seem to go off on us, he isn't actually a huge factor, and he might even play anyway, so who cares?

San Antonio is:

Offensive Rating: 4th
    Defensive Rating: 21st
    Rebounds: 14th
    Assists: 8th
    Steals: 29th
    Blocks: 21st
    2pt %: 19th
    3pt %: 1st

By the way, our offense has worsened recently, both in terms of general scoring (we've scored sub-100 three times in the last ten games or so), and in terms of efficiency, which means our offense is now only the 5th highest rated in the league. Which means yes, San Antonio has a better offensive rating than us.

With pretty much everyone still out, and us being on the road VS a healthy San Antonio team, I'm hoping that we show admirable fight for 44 minutes and then lose. With a loss today, we'll hit 30 on the season, and our pick will continue to creep up in quality as all-star break approaches. With a game we could win on Monday vs an Oladipo-less Pacers team, we'll want to make sure we lose tonight.

So let's go, and #DoItJustBigEnoughForItToBeFunButUltimatelyLose!
    Dude, your going to be really upset when we win a bunch of these upcoming games. We could realistically win 8-10 of the next 12. After that it gets dicey again. If Gentry continues to play Jrue and Jah heavy minutes and the young guys continue to play anything can happen.

I particularly like the new Alpha Jrue.

I'm still not convinced a tank is best, we don't really have a chance to get a top 3 pick so why bother tanking? Tanking doesn't make any of the assets we get back in the AD deal any less valuable. Plus I would love to see this team manage to make the playoffs without AD. Then get Zion in the draft and whatever other young assets and move forward with a playoff team that also has a ton of young talent.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Dude, your going to be really upset when we win a bunch of these upcoming games. We could realistically win 8-10 of the next 12. After that it gets dicey again. If Gentry continues to play Jrue and Jah heavy minutes and the young guys continue to play anything can happen.

I'm still not convinced a tank is best, we don't really have a chance to get a top 3 pick so why bother tanking? Tanking doesn't make any of the assets we get back in the AD deal any less valuable. Plus I would love to see this team manage to make the playoffs without AD. Then get Zion in the draft and whatever other young assets and move forward with a playoff team that also has a ton of young talent.
    You really think we win 10 of

- San Antonio (31-22)
    - Indiana (32-19)
    - Chicago (12-40)
    - Minnesota (25-26)
    - Memphis (20-33)
    - Orlando (21-31)
    - OKC (33-18)
    - Indiana again
    - Lakers (27-25)
    - Philadelphia (34-18)
    - Lakers again
    - Phoenix (11-42) ?

I personally look at that schedule, and I could see us going .500 through it, but not really better and easily worse.

Tank because the better a chance we have at Jarrett Culver, the happier I'll be because I really like his game, and because I don't have any petty/spite motivated ''we'll show you Davis!'' feelings.

Play hard but lose games! #TankForZion

- San Antonio (31-22) - Loss
    - Indiana (32-19) - Win
    - Chicago (12-40) -Win
    - Minnesota (25-26) -Toss up
    - Memphis (20-33) -Win
    - Orlando (21-31) -Win
    - OKC (33-18) -Loss
    - Indiana again -Win
    - Lakers (27-25) -Win
    - Philadelphia (34-18) -Loss
    - Lakers again -Toss up
    - Phoenix (11-42) ? -Win
    I did say 8-10 as some of these other ones could go be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Play hard but lose games! #TankForZion
    We cannot possibly make our pick good enough to get Zion with it, our best chance for that is the Knicks pick. Tanking won't change that.

Yeah jrue is just like he's gone full evil jrue from the playoffs taken the ******** over and I mean ad is basically saying he isn't good enough either right? I want this jrue and home he stays forever

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I'm excited for more #KennyHustle

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I'm excited for more #KennyHustle
    The greatest Pelican of all time.

how many rebounds does kenrich get?

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post

As many as he wants

Just off topic, but Luka Doncic is so damn good.

watching giant men run away scared of bats is hilarious.

lmao that be awesome

how the hell do you not call a foul on a dude smacking a guy to the basket wth lol

almost every shot is in and out lol wth

Hill has taken the most shots on the team.

The tank is on

Hill has taken the most shots on the team.

The tank is on
    The x factor of tanking!

I would like to revise my win predictions if Gentry plays Solo more than 20 minutes a game.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    I would like to revise my win predictions if Gentry plays Solo more than 20 minutes a game.
    OK, go ahead !

End of the first, down 35-24, surprised it's not more frankly.

Diallo has Asik hands!

this is why I can't stand Clarke he's wide open but tries to bank it in?

this is why I can't stand Clarke he's wide open but tries to bank it in?

Maybe?

We are down double digits, and DeMar hasn't scored yet.

Thread Information