Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyrie Irving Developments

Kyrie Irving Developments

Sounds to me like Kyrie is hedging his bets so that he has inroads with both teams. If AD goes to Boston, Kyrie has already reaffirmed his affection for the team, and can stay. If AD gets traded to the Knicks, he's already expressing interest there so that a move makes sense. Kyrie Irving seems to be playing both sides, and I actually think that helps our position a lot. It lends weight to either team knowing that trading for AD is a package deal for Kyrie, ups the leverage.
    Basketball.

Lebron James and Rich Paul desperately taking this news as an opportunity to try and push the Lakers angle, for no good reason.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Lebron James and Rich Paul desperately taking this news as an opportunity to try and push the Lakers angle, for no good reason.
    This is a 3 day old regurgitation. I told YOU. Media GROUPTHINK SEMINAR in Session.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    This is a 3 day old regurgitation. I told YOU. Media GROUPTHINK SEMINAR in Session.
    Yep, I agree. We're gonna hear a regular ''update'' telling us this same thing until whatever trade happens, happens.

Not sure why the FULL CAPS though.

Yep, I agree. We're gonna hear a regular ''update'' telling us this same thing until whatever trade happens, happens.

Not sure why the FULL CAPS though.
    Not sure about your FULL CAPS either. A bit redundant. a visual tautology . Not bad!

Not sure about your FULL CAPS either. A bit redundant.
    I just thought it was something we were doing at random for a bit of fun. Don't be a killjoy.

I just thought it was something we were doing at random for a bit of fun. Don't be a killjoy.
    I just told you that your Visual tautology was not bad. I cant give you more than that. BECAUSE, Im not certain if there is a such thing as a visual tautology.

Kyrie will go where AD goes. He will stay if AD picks Boston. We already knew this though

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Kyrie will go where AD goes. He will stay if AD picks Boston. We already knew this though
    If AD ''picks'' Boston? AD has no choice in this.

If AD ''picks'' Boston? AD has no choice in this.
    That obviously came out wrong

YOU NAZI

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    That obviously came out wrong

YOU NAZI
    Woah woah, bit extreme, but I appreciate the enthusiasm

Woah woah, bit extreme, but I appreciate the enthusiasm
    Someone did nazi that coming

Nah but seriously, does anyone see what I see in the Kyrie quotes? I've seen a lot of people say that it's basically him guaranteeing that he won't resign in Boston, but it doesn't sound like that to me at all. It sounds like he's just not guaranteeing he WILL resign in Boston, so that he has an out if AD ends up going to NY.

Nah but seriously, does anyone see what I see in the Kyrie quotes? I've seen a lot of people say that it's basically him guaranteeing that he won't resign in Boston, but it doesn't sound like that to me at all. It sounds like he's just not guaranteeing he WILL resign in Boston, so that he has an out if AD ends up going to NY.
    The earth is flat!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Yall are seeing this all wrong, IMO.

#1 Kyrie believes earth is flat.
    Before being traded to BOS, Kyrie was on record wanting to go to Knicks.
    Knicks open up 2 max cap slots.
    Kyrie backtracks from guarantee that he will stay in BOS.
    If Kyrie indicates he's going to NYK at the end of the season - this becomes a two horse race between LAL and NYK for AD.
    LAL offer isn't going to improve.
    BOS offer could lessen, depending on Kyire.

Knicks offer remains the same. The only unknown variable is whether the Knicks pick is #1, #5, or somewhere in between.

Best option for the Pels is to chose between the LAL offer and the Knicks offer today. The Boston offer could get Thanos'd if Kyrie snaps his fingers. Go back and look at the top and what leads this rant. #1...
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 02-01-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Yall are seeing this all wrong, IMO.

#1 Kyrie believes earth is flat.
    Before being traded to BOS, Kyrie was on record wanting to go to Knicks.
    Knicks open up 2 max cap slots.
    Kyrie backtracks from guarantee that he will stay in BOS.
    If Kyrie indicates he's going to NYK at the end of the season - this become a two horse race between LAL and NYK for AD.
    LAL offer isn't going to improve.
    BOS offer could lessen, depending on Kyire.

Knicks offer remains the same. The only unknown variable is whether the Knicks pick is #1, #5, or somewhere in between.

Best option for the Pels is to chose between the LAL offer and the Knicks offer today. The Boston offer could get Thanos'd if Kyrie snaps his fingers. Go back and lock at the top and what leads this rant. #1...
    This will be the most exhilarating off season that Die hard PELS fans have ever seen.

Dont completely agree with your analysis, but I aint gonna knock it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This will be the most exhilarating off season that Die hard PELS fans have ever seen.

Dont completely agree with your analysis, but I aint gonna knock it.
    Which part do you disagree with? What happens if Celtics get bounced in 2nd round and Kyrie decides... I want to be a Knick. How do you think that games out?

Which part do you disagree with? What happens if Celtics get bounced in 2nd round and Kyrie decides... I want to be a Knick. How do you think that games out?
    Kyrie ain't bouncing if AD ends up there.

I think AD & Kyrie will play together. Thus,we will either get BOSTONS Stash or the KNICKS Stash. & NOW, that Shams has tweeted that NY is a spot AD would possibly stay, WOW, this is awesome for us.

...we get to go McDonalds
    The Lakers offer doesn't change and gives Lakers more time to get assets we actually want. Boston will still be interested (though they definitely may reassess because of the AD rental chance), and the Knicks at that point need to do whatever they need to do to finish off an AD, Kyrie, KD team. But you can't take Knicks deal now without knowing where that draft pick is. Remember that at the end of day, we have the hall of famer as the asset. If someone wants to pass on getting a generational big man at the age of 26, that's their stupidity.

As well, the Celtics aren't idiots. If the Celtics have any concerns on Kyrie (and by extension the AD deal), Kyrie will get traded by next Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Kyrie ain't bouncing if AD ends up there.
    In terms of getting max value, it's going to be important that AD domino falls first.

So what we're saying is that Boston's whole future depends on getting Davis.

Or the Pels future depends on the whims of a guy who thinks the Earth is flat.

What is the over/under on how much the Celtics offer for Davis gets dropped if Kyrie announces he's not resigning in Boston?

How much might the Knicks offer then drop if leverage of Boston offer drops or would Lakers offer keep it from dropping?

Doesn't all this suggests trying to get a deal done by the deadline? The variables increase dramatically if you wait until the offseason. This might end up being our point of maximum leverage....

Is the downside of the Knicks pick possibly going from 1-5 higher than the downside of Kyrie announcing he won't resign with the Celtics? If not, maybe you take the Knicks offer now and take your chances on the ping pong balls rather than Kyrie...

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    So what we're saying is that Boston's whole future depends on getting Davis.

Or the Pels future depends on the whims of a guy who thinks the Earth is flat.

What is the over/under on how much the Celtics offer for Davis gets dropped if Kyrie announces he's not resigning in Boston?

How much might the Knicks offer then drop if leverage of Boston offer drops or would Lakers offer keep it from dropping?

Doesn't all this suggests trying to get a deal done by the deadline? The variables increase dramatically if you wait until the offseason. This might end up being our point of maximum leverage....
    We have very little leverage if we're desperate to make a move now, because NY knows it has better stuff than LA so there's no power struggle over the trade. It's just NY offering the bare minimum required to beat LA, which isn't much because LA has nothing worth taking. You need to be patient and wait until the off season for Boston to be a factor, which is when the bidding really picks up.

Wish people would stop mentioning Kyrie thinking the world is flat. He's an idiot, sure, but his topographical knowledge has no bearing on his basketball decisions whatsoever, and he's got agents and advisors to help him with that.

And yes, the fact that Boston's whole future depends on Davis means that even if Kyrie announces an intention to leave, Boston are still likely to put up a big offer becase
    1) They wanted AD anyway before they even had Kyrie
    AND
    2) If they get AD, it guarantees the Knicks cannot, and could easily force Kyrie's hand into staying since any trade would be made in June, a full month before Kyrie would get the chance to make his actual move in July.

My understanding is Boston can agree to terms of a trade before Kyrie becomes a free agent. In which case Kyrie will know if AD is on the team or not before he decides to Leave. That's probably the reason when asked if he's staying in Boston he said, "Talk to me on July 1st." He legit will know the answer then.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Is the downside of the Knicks pick possibly going from 1-5 higher than the downside of Kyrie announcing he won't resign with the Celtics? If not, maybe you take the Knicks offer now and take your chances on the ping pong balls rather than Kyrie...
    You take the Knicks offer now and you almost guarantee that the Knicks pick drops out of the top 3. AD has just expressed some willingness to play in NYC, and if he goes there, they know Kyrie is coming and they have no incentive to lose. Send AD to NY now and they WILL win games, and their pick will drop in value with every game they win.

Thread Information