Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: AD Will Not Sign Extension, Requested Trade

Demps should be fired by noon Friday and a search for his replacement opened by the end of that business day.

Anything less is front office criminality.

There is no rush, let AD sit, tank, and go through a thorough hiring process, including consultants to help these football guys work through a process and a sport we know from experience that they are not experts on.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Reported on twitter:

Woj just said “pelicans have known this was going to happen” “doubts they’ll do a deal with lakers, verbally resistant for a deal with their assets”

Honestly the reason this is breaking now I think is because if Davis didn't make it public now the team would still be pushing to make a trade at the deadline.

I think this is AD's way of allowing them to plan best for the future without trying to trade future assets trying to get him to stay.

I don't think there's bad will with AD here. It's why he didn't even specify a team. However the writing has been clear for a long time and honestly I've felt like the team needed a fresh start too.

I mean we have a worse record than the Kings, Mavericks, and Timberwolves who fired a coach. AD is a great player but it's not like we have been winning so much that we should be heartbroken over this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Reported on twitter:
    That's good to hear.

If the front office was aware, they should already have battle plans drawn up, rough expectations, the kinds of must-haves any deal should have.

And we shouldn't deal with the Lakers because they have nothing worth AD.
    Basketball.

AD Will Not Sign Extension, Requested Trade

Get ready for the next shoe to drop , AD wants LA it’s obvious that’s where he wants to go and it will ultimately have to be the Lakers that we deal with so what is your best trade package with LA . No team will trade a lot for AD knowing it’s a one year rental he’s going to LA so get ready . He just bought a huge mansion there the writing is in the wall .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Honestly the reason this is breaking now I think is because if Davis didn't make it public now the team would still be pushing to make a trade at the deadline.

I think this is AD's way of allowing them to plan best for the future without trying to trade future assets trying to get him to stay.

I don't think there's bad will with AD here. It's why he didn't even specify a team. However the writing has been clear for a long time and honestly I've felt like the team needed a fresh start too.

I mean we have a worse record than the Kings, Mavericks, and Timberwolves who fired a coach. AD is a great player but it's not like we have been winning so much that we should be heartbroken over this.
    AD is the best player in franchise history, and unless we get very lucky, probably will remain as such for a long time. AD is the type of player who might very easily retire as a top five player at his position of all time, and his position is a particularly loaded one (KG, Duncan, Dirk, Malone, etc). That sucks to lose. If everything had gone right for us, he would be our Dirk. That's a big loss.

I do agree though, I think if AD was going to leave, he's done it in the nicest way possible. Kind of like how a break-up is never pleasant, per se, but some are definitely worse than others.

Man we need a whole new front office to oversee this rebuild. AD wanting to leave shouldn't be a surprise to anyone (fans) now I cringe while waiting to see how this goes. Really hope Demps doesn't screw this up.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Man we need a whole new front office to oversee this rebuild. AD wanting to leave shouldn't be a surprise to anyone (fans) now I cringe while waiting to see how this goes. Really hope Demps doesn't screw this up.
    I wouldn't even give him the opportunity to screw it up. Hopefully he is packing his belongings as we speak.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    It’s relieving to finally here him say what we all knew. Now we can move on with a clean slate.

Makes you wonder if we had done the trade for Jimmy Butler if things would have been different.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Makes you wonder if we had done the trade for Jimmy Butler if things would have been different.
    It may have because AD likes to play with someone who has an Alpha personality.

Basketball Guru
    we trade AD in December b4 Christmas to let all teams get in on the bid and take the best trade thats offered.....plus you keep him from joining the lakers now and allowing another top free agent to be willing to go to the lakers in the off season to give lebron his super team..

i hope we get ball,,kuzma,,,ingram,,zubac,,hart,,,3rd or 4th team trade players.....get rid of gentry....trade for luke walton lol......right now we can get everything from the lakers now because boston cant bid but im holding out until next season when all teams can bid...

majority of us knew this was coming when he switch agents so the team should have a plan in place to move on....

i guess some of yall will no longer be on the pelicans board anymore now lol smh...

This franchise is coursed and is bad organised. I. Dont blame AD, I blame everyone else. I feel really bad because We gonna lose a special one entering his Prime... Only Brown, Tatum + high pick will make Me wanna stay with this organisation.

I would definitely sit AD the rest of the season, though. No reason to win games, and no reason to give him an opportunity to get hurt, either. Suppose he gets a Boogie type injury?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    It may have because AD likes to play with someone who has an Alpha personality.
    some of us on here has been saying AD needs a batman to lead him but you had some posters swearing up and down that AD is a leader.......i believe he was happy that boogie was here to take that role and boogie getting hurt may have change our hope of keeping AD here also...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I would definitely sit AD the rest of the season, though. No reason to win games, and no reason to give him an opportunity to get hurt, either. Suppose he gets a Boogie type injury?
    Agreed. Let him sit, play Okafor 36 minutes a game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Why don't we fire Demps and let someone else handle the trade?
    I agree. I wouldn’t let Demps do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Send him to Phoenix for Ayton, Booker, a couple other good players and a bag of ones.

Just throwing ideas around.

Send him to Phoenix for Ayton, Booker, a couple other good players and a bag of ones.

I don't think it's going to be to a team like the Suns, It's going to be a very select list like LA, Boston, Golden State.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

That would be awesome, but given the fact that he probably has no intention on signing with Phoenix, kinda hurts the value on that potential deal.

Should have traded him last year. It's well known the longer you wait the less leverage you have. Davis is a great player but he's no James, Leonard, Curry, Harden, Antetounkompo, Durant. Hell he's in the Jokic, Westbrook, George tier IMO. He puts up monster stats but he's a number 2 on a championship team. This isn't nearly as harmful as losing Paul so long as the trade isn't totally botched. Unfortunately Demps has a history of botching things.

We can only hope some team decides to take a chance on Davis, but odds are we send him to the Lakers for their underwhelming assets.

AD Will Not Sign Extension, Requested Trade

I’m just happy we have something other than MM’s social skills to talk about for a couple hours

If the centerpiece of any AD deal is Lonzo Ball and his 45% free throw shooting ***, I'm throwing myself off Benson Tower

Thread Information