Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: AD Will Not Sign Extension, Requested Trade

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Definitely trade Niko, Randle and Solo by the deadline. Try and get as many picks and young players as you can

Quote Originally Posted by Cheaney View Post
    How about Randall! Just got so heavily recruited by ad just to have him bail on you.
    Don't really care too much about Randle for three reasons:

1) He's 23, and on a short term deal. He can leave in the summer, probably get more money next year, and have a long future ahead of him. Jrue is 28, locked up for multiple years, and has an injury past which means he probably won't still be a big attraction when he's 34.
    2) Part of the reason AD is leaving is because the team has consistently underperformed, particularly this year after coming off last season's success. Jrue is not a reason for that: in fact, it's his brilliant play that helped us make the post-season last year, and he's constantly been having great performances this year too.
    3) Randle is annoying because he IS part of the reason we've underperformed. His absolute refusal to play any sort of defense has cost us more than one game.
    Basketball.

Might as well see what we can get for Jrue we’re in a rebuild now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dnealj View Post
    Boston has the best package. Keep Davis til the summer. Can demps and Gentry now. Let’s see what finch can offer. I’m guessing he was hired to replace Gentry anyway. See what players we plan on keeping moving forward. Situation is better than we think. Fresh start with a good piece (Jrue) and very solid players (okafor,Randle,mirotic,Moore,Payton). I can see them all progressing with the attention Anthony Davis gave this team gone. I’m feeling good about this.

Disagree. Payton and Okafor, sure, but I would see Randle moved before he has the chance to walk, and I would want Moore and Niko to both leave for their own sakes: this team is going nowhere this year, and probably nowhere next either, and very possibly nowhere the year after that too. Both of them deserve to go somewhere else where they might have a chance to actually play games that matter, and if we can get a first round pick out of it too, I'll take it.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    This day was inevitable considering who is running the show. We should sit AD for the rest of the season to try and get the worst record possible. Then as soon as the season is over we need to fire Gentry and Demps, then after 7/1 trade AD to Boston for the best combination of players/picks we could receive. Try to build a team by stacking it with good players across the board instead of trying to keep one star player happy.

Why do we care about Boston, by the way? I know they have the SAC pick, but Sacramento don't suck this year, it's not that impressive a pick. I can't remember if they have a Nets pick this year, but even if they do, the Nets don't suck either. Their own pick obviously won't be worth much. Tatum is good, sure, but is he good enough to be THE star attraction in an AD trade? I don't think so.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Boston is the only team I would ever consider trading him to. They want him bad, and they have pieces we want. You just tell LeBrons cronies, “sorry but you have to wait.”

He’s still under contract till next season, so we have that leverage.

Kuzma, Ball and Ingram and a first and they can have him .

Shut him down for the season. Get him away from the team. Release a statement saying we're waiting till summer to trade him. See if it makes a team more desperate now make a better offer. If not send him to Boston for everything.
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

Wanna see him in Dallas next to Luka.

The pelicans need to just sit tight and tank for a better draft pick through the rest of the season with Davis. Wait until the summer and trade him to Boston for the best package. They can offer young talent and multiple future draft picks. I would definitely try to include Hill’s contract and get that off the books.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    Wanna see him in Dallas for Luka*

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    This day was inevitable considering who is running the show. We should sit AD for the rest of the season to try and get the worst record possible. Then as soon as the season is over we need to fire Gentry and Demps, then after 7/1 trade AD to Boston for the best combination of players/picks we could receive. Try to build a team by stacking it with good players across the board instead of trying to keep one star player happy.
    Sounds like a plan we’re not winning anything anytime soon with AD

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post

If Demps made that trade, I would be highly tempted to fly to New Orleans myself and slap him.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    smdh

Closet Mavs fan confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If Demps made that trade, I would be highly tempted to fly to New Orleans myself and slap him.
    I really like Kuzma I think he’s going to be special and Ball and Ingram are improving . I don’t I’m a little worried about Dell negotiating with Ainge we may end up with Hortford and Brown

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

You shut your mouth! With respect.

Jesus, what did the Pelicans ever do to you to offend them so badly?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    You shut your mouth! With respect.
    Everybody wanting all this and that watch Dell mess this up I’m telling you we could end up with less with him running the show .

Send the franchise to Seattle.

Speak for yourself... You can go
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Send the franchise to Seattle.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Everybody wanting all this and that watch Dell mess this up I’m telling you we could end up with less with him running the show .

You’re right. I wouldn’t let Demps make this move. Get rid of him and Gentry.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Why don't we fire Demps and let someone else handle the trade?

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Speak for yourself... You can go
    for real. don't come back.

well at least its done and out there now, onto the next steps. get what we can before the deadline for the likes of randle and moore. if i never have to see frazier, miller and clark on the court next season things will already be looking up.

Thread Information