Pelicans Report

Thread: Gentry’s meltdown with F bomb

Gentry’s meltdown with F bomb

It is never his fault? 2:30 it really goes south for him.
    Last edited by AstroFire; 01-19-2019 at 12:23 AM.

30 games too late.. he should've been livid when we wasnt playing defense in November. Dont wait til January and be like oh we gotta guard somebody. He cant use the injury bs as an excuse right now, so now he finally addresses the defense. Injuries have nothing to do with a team not trying defensively.

He's lucky he got an extention to begin with.
    Half his paycheck should go to Rondo.
    Without Rondo being the coach on the court last season they miss the playoffs and there is a different coach and GM.

FY Rondo.

Does not look like the Pelicans are not deleting the video off Twitter . I’m sure someone in the NBA has seen it by now. Maybe the end is near for Gentry.

I think you are seeing the brass try to wait it out and hope they make it into the playoffs and make a little noise. Because at this point if you fire Gentry now you basically might as well and go ahead and trade AD. So I think they are hoping for something miraculous.

I know it isn't popular but I wonder what Monty could have gotten out of this team. They might still suck on offense but you know they would always try hard.

At some point there has got to be some accountability for the defense. On the other side of the organization, Loomis forced Payton to get rid of some defensive coaches and it paid off. I hate to advocate for someone to lose their job but the defense is atrocious and has been all year. At some point you’ve got to make changes and that point for the Pels may have come a month ago...

Alvin Gentry is a great offensive coordinator but a terrible head coach. Nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I think you are seeing the brass try to wait it out and hope they make it into the playoffs and make a little noise. Because at this point if you fire Gentry now you basically might as well and go ahead and trade AD. So I think they are hoping for something miraculous.

I know it isn't popular but I wonder what Monty could have gotten out of this team. They might still suck on offense but you know they would always try hard.

Usually Change wakes a team up. This team does not respond to Gentry. Gentry does not respond to them.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    Usually Change wakes a team up. This team does not respond to Gentry. Gentry does not respond to them.
    I agree, he isn't getting through to them at this point, at least on the defensive end...

might be time for Erman to hit the road.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    At some point there has got to be some accountability for the defense. On the other side of the organization, Loomis forced Payton to get rid of some defensive coaches and it paid off. I hate to advocate for someone to lose their job but the defense is atrocious and has been all year. At some point you’ve got to make changes and that point for the Pels may have come a month ago...
    Lol at Loomis forcing Payton to do anything.

Thread Information