Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Pelicans & NBA Trade Rumors Thread

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Right after MM mentions him as a potential target.

well,,a couple of years ago on nbatv conley did say that he would love to play with jrue hoilday when talking to Isiah thomas when he ask him who would he want to play with....so conley would love to come here because he would be playing with jrue in the back court and that is a fact......

now dont know if he is a target but if he is then he would be glad to be here....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    well,,a couple of years ago on nbatv conley did say that he would love to play with jrue hoilday when talking to Isiah thomas when he ask him who would he want to play with....so conley would love to come here because he would be playing with jrue in the back court and that is a fact......

now dont know if he is a target but if he is then he would be glad to be here....
    Too expensive, getting old and runs a slow, deliberate offense.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Too expensive, getting old and runs a slow, deliberate offense.

i agree with you...at that time, i was just glad to hear a star player saying that he want to play with someone in new orleans....

Weren't we linked to Conley in free agency a few years back?

Solo, Randle, Moore, Frank, and the 2019 unprotected 1st for Conley and Temple. They get a young guy in Frank, which I'm sure they want if they blow it up. Also a 1st which will be 15-20. Seems fair for a 31 year old with $96 million left. I'm all for it personally. Re-sign Mirotic and use the MLE on a wing this offseason.
    Last edited by neitzelbaby12; 01-17-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    Welcome to be here

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    Solo, Randle, Moore, Frank, and the 2019 unprotected 1st for Conley and Temple. They get a young guy in Frank, which I'm sure they want if they blow it up. Also a 1st which will be 15-20. Seems fair for a 31 year old with $96 million left. I'm all for it personally. Re-sign Mirotic and use the MLE on a wing this offseason.
    That’s way too much for those players. I would understand if Conley was a perennial all star.

Heck, given Conley's age and contract, we should not even consider giving up that much in the way of players or picks. They should be giving us a deal to take him.

With Jrue and AD as the cornerstones, I believe a PG is the most important position to be filled. Someone who can get AD the ball in the right spots and someone who lets Jrue play off ball. Conley is that and I believe he will be for a few more years. Conley has always been a player who has been right outside of the All Star recognition. He is a top 10 PG in the league, especially with the fit he provides on the Pelicans. As for the trade itself, the 1st (roughly #18, which is not good) offsets Solo. Moore provides guard depth for one more year. Frank is the young piece they will want. The team will decide between Randle and Mirotic and I have been dying to trade Randle. The Pelicans get a very good point guard as well as a stopgap for the rest of the year with Temple. Ideally, the FO re-signs Mirotic and Payton and uses the MLE on a wing. What would y'all offer?

Conley is on an absolute trash tier contract. I'd rather blow everything up than give an unprotected 1st for him, or any 1st at all.

I mean blowing the team up because they trade the ~18th pick is an overreaction. Trading for him is not perfect but there is no trade that is. Conley has been a borderline All Star for 5+ years now. I am the same guy who was clamoring for Dragic until he got injured. I may be blinded by how important I view PGs for this team but I still dont view this as an unfair deal.

I mean blowing the team up because they trade the ~18th pick is an overreaction. Trading for him is not perfect but there is no trade that is. Conley has been a borderline All Star for 5+ years now. I am the same guy who was clamoring for Dragic until he got injured. I may be blinded by how important I view PGs for this team but I still dont view this as an unfair deal.
    I'd rather blow the team up because he won't put us over the top and when AD leaves we'll just be stuck with another terrible contract that we paid the privelege of giving up a 1st for.

The people calling for Conley are the same who were calling for Wall. Both are terrible ideas.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 01-17-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'd rather blow the team up because he won't put us over the top and when AD leaves we'll just be stuck with another terrible contract that we paid the privelege of giving up a 1st for.

The people calling for Conley are the same who were calling for Wall. Both are terrible ideas.
    Well, at least Wall would fit this team as a fast paced PG.. Conley is the complete opposite, he would destroy our pace..

Wouldnt want either though, well maybe Wall if we could get Washington to pay half of his contract

Some good news

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2019/1...irotic-defense

“They want to continue to try and improve this team to convince Anthony Davis to stay there,” said Wojnarowski. “Dell Demps, their gm, you know he told me, ‘Listen, we’ve won two of three games since we’ve gotten healthier.’ Niko Mirotic is back, Elfrid Payton, point guard. And he hasn’t had a chance this year to really evaluate their whole group together. They’ve had a lot of injuries; they don’t have a very long window to do that between now and the February 7th trade deadline.”

This idea was corroborated by Davis’ representation, Rich Paul of Klutch Sports Group.

“Rich Paul, Anthony Davis’ agent, told me that they have not had any real substantial discussions about Anthony’s future in New Orleans with the Pelicans,” said Wojnarowski. “That Anthony’s focus has been on let’s get this team back — they’re two and half games out of eighth place in the West. Let’s try to get the group back into the playoff picture, but there’s no promises about his future beyond the trade deadline. And I think it’s safe to say right now, I think he’ll be there certainly through the trade deadline. New Orleans does not want to trade him.”
    Considering we just witnessed the Pelicans give up 147 points last night to the Warriors, it’s hard to disagree with SVG about New Orleans needing to prioritize defense moving forward.
    Last edited by AstroFire; 01-17-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    How can this team have good defense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

Bringing Julius off the bench and a wing with some defensive chops would help.

Harrison Barnes, Luka, and Dennis Smith Jr for AD.

I'll do that in a heartbeat, but dallas wont..

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The biggest reason I'm against it is it means we'd need to deal with AD 4 times or so a season.

But that is one of the better trade packages out there in terms of raw talent we'd be getting back.

Greatest tragedy that would come out of trading AD someday, is we could finally get the small forward who doesn't suck...but only at the cost of probably the best player this franchise will ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    I'll do that in a heartbeat, but dallas wont..
    Probably wouldn't but I think they'd think about it. Barnes is a free agent after this year, Dennis Smith Jr is out the door already and won't get a huge return. The biggest asset is of course Luka which is huge for them, but this is AD we are talking about. They'd have the rest of this season and all of next year to sell him on staying.

Not 'Probably Wouldn't -- DEFINITELY wouldn't

Remember, once you trade for AD, you have to re-sign him. And the whole reason AD would ask for a trade out is because he'd want to compete for and win titles. Dallas sends that package for AD and they literally have nothing of value on the roster to put around him. He'd be worse off there than he is now by a mile.

AD will only be traded to a team that has enough talent to give the Pelicans for him AND still have a stud or two left over once he gets there. Which is why Boston fits. Philly fits. New York could fit if they land Zion, give him to NOLA with Knox and then sign KD to go with AD and Porzingas.

Dallas is not a possibility.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Remember, once you trade for AD, you have to re-sign him. And the whole reason AD would ask for a trade out is because he'd want to compete for and win titles. Dallas sends that package for AD and they literally have nothing of value on the roster to put around him. He'd be worse off there than he is now by a mile.

AD will only be traded to a team that has enough talent to give the Pelicans for him AND still have a stud or two left over once he gets there. Which is why Boston fits. Philly fits. New York could fit if they land Zion, give him to NOLA with Knox and then sign KD to go with AD and Porzingas.

How dare you show such disrespect to DeAndre Jordan and Wes Matthews.

Let me be clear though, I don't give a **** about AD's feelings if we are doing a trade with him. All I care about is getting the best possible return. If Dallas can fool themselves into thinking they can trade for AD and then sign a big free agent this summer to compete then great. If AD stays or not with them, I don't care.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 01-18-2019 at 09:57 AM.

They have zero desire to re-sign Jordan, and Matthews is a FA too. It would literally be a bare roster and they have shown no ability to sign free agents with cap space. AD would be going to a team with basically him, Jalen Brunson, and Max Kleiber

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

You'd have to be pretty sold on Zion for him and Knox to be enough for AD.

If New York fits, I think Chicago could be one of those teams that also fits if the land a top 2 pick, because they'd trade the house for AD and hope it's hard for him to leave the City he has tattooed on his arm.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

Canning Erman.

They have zero desire to re-sign Jordan, and Matthews is a FA too. It would literally be a bare roster and they have shown no ability to sign free agents with cap space. AD would be going to a team with basically him, Jalen Brunson, and Max Kleiber
    Neither one of us thinks Dallas would do the trade anyway. You're just arguing over semantics.

Thread Information