Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: January 12th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 20-22

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I've been saying this for over a couple of months...

This team doesn't have the make up - from coaches to players - to navigate the emotional energy it takes to win when the stakes of every game are as high as they are because of the uncertainty surrounding Davis. Add to that the injuries and this team's basketball and emotional intelligence are showing all the cracks we've always known. If anywhere, this is where you miss Rondo, for better or worse.

Beyond knowing availability from game to game due to injury, coaches and players don't even know who will be on the team in a month to facilitate a trade! That's taxing.

Look at the Celtics. It can't be easy for those dudes to think any number of them could be traded this summer for AD. You could hear Tatum's frustration when the quote came out that's he'd trade himself for AD!
    ---

I think I'm ready for the big AD trade.

I'm hoping for some 3 way deal that brings Beal and Simmons to the Pels, and for the team to go on a run to end the season that gets everyone hyped for the future. Simmons running with Beal and Jrue in the backcourt, Niko as the stretch 4, and finding a young rim runner/protector is an exciting team that works. I think it's actually a good Gentry Ball team, but I don't think he'd get the chance to coach it.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I've been saying this for over a couple of months...

This team doesn't have the make up - from coaches to players - to navigate the emotional energy it takes to win when the stakes of every game are as high as they are because of the uncertainty surrounding Davis. Add to that the injuries and this team's basketball and emotional intelligence are showing all the cracks we've always known. If anywhere, this is where you miss Rondo, for better or worse.

Beyond knowing availability from game to game due to injury, coaches and players don't even know who will be on the team in a month to facilitate a trade! That's taxing.

Look at the Celtics. It can't be easy for those dudes to think any number of them could be traded this summer for AD. You could hear Tatum's frustration when the quote came out that's he'd trade himself for AD!
    ---

I think I'm ready for the big AD trade.

I'm hoping for some 3 way deal that brings Beal and Simmons to the Pels, and for the team to go on a run to end the season that gets everyone hyped for the future. Simmons running with Beal and Jrue in the backcourt, Niko as the stretch 4, and finding a young rim runner/protector is an exciting team that works. I think it's actually a good Gentry Ball team, but I don't think he'd get the chance to coach it.

What the Lakers offered us don’t look as bad now. Especially with Kuzma breaking out. A deal with Phillly would be nice too.
    Last edited by AstroFire; 01-13-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Thread Information