Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kevin Love ?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I think giving up a 2nd round pick and Hill to take on salary that's on the books for longer than Hill is sort of splitting the baby. If/When Davis leaves, we'll recoup a lot young talent on reasonable deals, not have pressure to win immediately, and being tied to an overpaid guy for an extra year or so won't be that big a deal.

I'm on board with not giving up the 1st round pick for anything less than a real All Star level guy.

I'm also on board with moving AD as soon as Philadelphia puts Ben Simmons and picks on the table. If that's after a horrible rest of the month, so be it.
    Philly cant put any 1sts on the table until 2021.. Theyve traded away their 1st this year already

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Philly cant put any 1sts on the table until 2021.. Theyve traded away their 1st this year already
    After the draft they can put their 2020 pick in a package.

I think giving up a 2nd round pick and Hill to take on salary that's on the books for longer than Hill is sort of splitting the baby. If/When Davis leaves, we'll recoup a lot young talent on reasonable deals, not have pressure to win immediately, and being tied to an overpaid guy for an extra year or so won't be that big a deal.

I'm on board with not giving up the 1st round pick for anything less than a real All Star level guy.

I'm also on board with moving AD as soon as Philadelphia puts Ben Simmons and picks on the table. If that's after a horrible rest of the month, so be it.
    I don't want any long term bad deals because I don't necessarily think we can't compete if we trade AD. Especially if we get Simmons back.

I think Jrue, Simmons, Niko, and a bunch of cap space could net us a competitive team. Especially if say we sign a guy like Kemba or maybe even Klay if he wants money over more rings.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    After the draft they can put their 2020 pick in a package.
    I don't necessarily want their pick this year... I want Simmons, Fultz and/or Zhaire Smith, and the Miami pick.

I don't necessarily want their pick this year... I want Simmons, Fultz and/or Zhaire Smith, and the Miami pick.
    Ehhhh, I'd rather wait till the offseason and hit up Chicago for Cater, Dunn and their 1st (probably gonna be top 3), then take 1 of the Duke guys

Ehhhh, I'd rather wait till the offseason and hit up Chicago for Cater, Dunn and their 1st (probably gonna be top 3), then take 1 of the Duke guys
    They've got to throw in Markkanen if they're serious. And that pick would have to be #1 for Zion. Carter and Dunn don't quite do it, IMO.

They've got to throw in Markkanen if they're serious. And that pick would have to be #1 for Zion. Carter and Dunn don't quite do it, IMO.
    I wouldnt even take Zion honestly, he will have knee troubles later in his career, I would go Barret, Zion then Reddish..

And no, Carter Dunn and a top 3 pick would be great imo (I would try to pry their 2021 1st from them also).. If our picks lands in the lottery we could have:

PG: Payton/Dunn
    SG: Jrue/Moore/Frank
    SF: Barret/Miller
    PF: Niko/Randle
    C:Bol Bol/Okafor

Pretty solid team to build on

I wouldnt even take Zion honestly, he will have knee troubles later in his career,
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Why?
    285 pounds... That's alot of pressure on your legs coming down.. He outweighs Cousins even though hes 5 inches shorter..

That's a recipe for kneee/leg issues

285 pounds... That's alot of pressure on your legs coming down.. He outweighs Cousins even though hes 5 inches shorter..

That's a recipe for kneee/leg issues
    That's no guarantee though. I would not make that a deciding factor.

All these dudes end up with knee issues. Some are minor, some are major. I played a fraction of the basketball these dudes have, and my knees require constant maintenance. I'm about to start wearing knee sleeves under my suits!

What I've been told is that every pound of weight adds 4lbs of pressure on your knees. So in some regards I agree.

But I think the way forward for a small market team in the NBA is to bank on 7 years of a guy under control and contract, and then move on. I don't have any worries about Zion between now and that point of his career. It's why I think the Pels should flip AD. We went for it , it hasn't worked, let's start the next 7 year cycle. The trick is to avoid bottoming out between cycles.

All these dudes end up with knee issues. Some are minor, some are major. I played a fraction of the basketball these dudes have, and my knees require constant maintenance. I'm about to start wearing knee sleeves under my suits!

What I've been told is that every pound of weight adds 4lbs of pressure on your knees. So in some regards I agree.

But I think the way forward for a small market team in the NBA is to bank on 7 years of a guy under control and contract, and then move on. I don't have any worries about Zion between now and that point of his career. It's why I think the Pels should flip AD. We went for it , it hasn't worked, let's start the next 7 year cycle. The trick is to avoid bottoming out between cycles.
    Personally I think barret will end up the better player also.. Zion has that WOW factor though and will draw fans.

Is Zion legit 285 though? That's huge for a 6'7 guy. I'm trying to think of players that size and closest I could come up with was Glen "Big Baby" Davis who was 6'9 and 289. He is 35 pounds heavier than LBJ who is considered a bowling ball in the league. We ware basically looking at a Defensive Tackle with ball skills. That size does make me nervous.

I don't watch college ball at all so I don't know anything about him. Maybe he's awesome. Just a quick glance at stats and a couple articles on him makes me believe I'd much rather Ben Simmons than Zion. I think with both not having an outside shot I'd always pick the facilitator. I do think it'd be cool to see a guy so massive play ball though. Is his ball handling good enough to get him over in the NBA?

Is Zion legit 285 though? That's huge for a 6'7 guy. I'm trying to think of players that size and closest I could come up with was Glen "Big Baby" Davis who was 6'9 and 289. He is 35 pounds heavier than LBJ who is considered a bowling ball in the league. We ware basically looking at a Defensive Tackle with ball skills. That size does make me nervous.

I don't watch college ball at all so I don't know anything about him. Maybe he's awesome. Just a quick glance at stats and a couple articles on him makes me believe I'd much rather Ben Simmons than Zion. I think with both not having an outside shot I'd always pick the facilitator. I do think it'd be cool to see a guy so massive play ball though. Is his ball handling good enough to get him over in the NBA?
    he says he is 271 (back in august last year)
    https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...rip-120491994/

He was originally listed at 275 coming out of HS, a year later he is listed at 285 (official weight from Duke).. with his game being predicated on being a dunker, that's not a good recipe for healthy legs down the road

Thread Information