Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hornets are ready to deal

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Hornets are ready to deal

A few reports that their itchy to get off Batum deal (rightfully). He's an upgrade at SF, but his deal is horrible. If anything, I like this deal...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd87vgh5

Pels get Batum, Kaminsky, Smith Jr.

Mavs get Randle, Johnson, Monk

Hornets get Barnes, Hill, and 2nd round picks from us.

Garbage? Meh?

What are your thoughts?

In your scenario, I’d rather cut out the middle man and just do deal with Mavs on some kind of Barnes/Randle platform...

I really want to come away with additional assets, ie Dennis Smith Jr and Koninsky. Can’t do that without Hornets. Also think we need another front court player if/when we trade Randle/Hill. Kominsky slides into that role in this trade. So the cost of taking on Batum vs Barnes nets us Smith Jr. and Komisky. Seems fair and fills holes with young players.

We already have our own Kaminsky in Diallo.. Add in Batum and his 10 million a year more than he should be paid contract, and we are worse off than we are now..

The only way I would take Batum would be if they included Kemba in the deal...

If Dallas really wants Randle, I'd do Barnes and DSJ for Randle, Moore and Wes

Terrible trade. No, thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    We already have our own Kaminsky in Diallo.. Add in Batum and his 10 million a year more than he should be paid contract, and we are worse off than we are now..

The only way I would take Batum would be if they included Kemba in the deal...

If Dallas really wants Randle, I'd do Barnes and DSJ for Randle, Moore and Wes
    While I agree the deal above is terrible for the Pels, how do you compare Kaminsky to Diallo? They are nothing alike. Kaminsky is a stretch 4.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    While I agree the deal above is terrible for the Pels, how do you compare Kaminsky to Diallo? They are nothing alike. Kaminsky is a stretch 4.
    Production wise is what I mean by them being alike. Kaminsky doesnt offer much of anything more than Diallo can do, except maybe hit a 3 here and there

The trade drastically improved our bench. DSJ and Kominsky are good young players that fill needs. Batum is the same player he’s always been, he’s just overpaid. The player he’s always been still fits perfectly on the Pels at SF, same as he did when 90% of Pels fans wanted him here.

I know we all want a superstar, but we also need to drastically improve depth.

Filling a hole at SF and adding quality young depth without giving up the 2019 1st would be solid.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    The trade drastically improved our bench. DSJ and Kominsky are good young players that fill needs. Batum is the same player he’s always been, he’s just overpaid. The player he’s always been still fits perfectly on the Pels at SF, same as he did when 90% of Pels fans wanted him here.

I know we all want a superstar, but we also need to drastically improve depth.

Filling a hole at SF and adding quality young depth without giving up the 2019 1st would be solid.
    That's exactly the kind of panic move that sets us back 3 years.. You think Hill's deal is bad? Batum's deal is worse

Not to mention, that deal does absolutely nothing to sway AD to stay here, so you are adding an addition 50+ million in long term money to our books just for AD to still leave.

Just think Michael Jordan was reportedly willing to give us Kemba Walker for DeMarcus Cousins last year. What could have been?

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    Just think Michael Jordan was reportedly willing to give us Kemba Walker for DeMarcus Cousins last year. What could have been?
    Where was that reported?

Not to mention, that deal does absolutely nothing to sway AD to stay here, so you are adding an addition 50+ million in long term money to our books just for AD to still leave.
    Exactly. That is the biggest issue. I have no problem taking on that contract if it secures AD. However, it will not and we will be stuck with an albatross of a contract when we should be rebuilding if AD leaves.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I only needle moving player on the Hornets is Kemba. Unless we can dramatically upgrade our bench, I don’t want us to do anything.

Where was that reported?
    Apparently not dead in the water

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=kemba+traded+Pelicans

https://hoopshabit.com/2018/12/12/ne...-kemba-walker/
    Last edited by AstroFire; 01-04-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Any trade that we can get rid of Hill and not take back a worse contract... I'm here for it.

I did not read every article, but all that I did are simply speculation or fantasy. Nowhere did I see where it was reported that we were offered Walker for Cousins. Did I miss it?

I did not read every article, but all that I did are simply speculation or fantasy. Nowhere did I see where it was reported that we were offered Walker for Cousins. Did I miss it?
    This is a trick used in some "research" articles as well. They site a bunch of references that are only superficially related to the subject of the paper but when you actually read the references you see that they do not support the original premise.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    This is a trick used in some "research" articles as well. They site a bunch of references that are only superficially related to the subject of the paper but when you actually read the references you see that they do not support the original premise.

^^^^^^^^Nice try!

the New Orleans Pelicans struggle to move up the Western Conference standings, the possibility of bringing in another star, namely Kemba Walker, could help them compete down the stretch of the season and into the playoffs.
    Adding Kemba to the Pelicans’ roster is a no-brainer for New Orleans. The tricky part would be ensuring that Charlotte is willing to part ways, and, more importantly, at what cost. At this point, there’s been no indication he is available or will be available, so it’d take Charlotte falling apart for owner Michael Jordan to decide to move him before February’s trade deadline.

On the last year of his deal, Kemba Walker is making $12 million this season and will enter free agency in the summer. The Hornets would need to fear losing him for nothing if they were to make him available. Matching his salary in a trade wouldn’t be difficult to do. Julius Randle or Solomon Hill could be used to do so, but trading for Kemba straight up would likely cost the Pelicans at least two first-rounders in the process.

Since Charlotte is stacked with hard to swallow salary, New Orleans could take other players back with Walker and give the Hornets some lesser deal or expiring salary in return. The Pelicans could package together players like Randle, Hill, Wesley Johnson and Darius Miller to take back another player, such as Nicolas Batum or Marvin Williams
    Do what the article asks and he could be ours or wait it out?
    Last edited by AstroFire; 01-04-2019 at 04:29 PM.

^^^^^^^^Nice try!

Do what the article asks and he could be ours or wait it out?
    The thing is, Charlotte has to actually want to trade him, which every indication from them is he is completely untouchable...

Now between now and the trade deadline, if Kemba goes and tells them he will not re-sign in the offseason, that's when you might see them change that stance..

What you linked is just a long article that says nothing but"Kemba Walker could help the pelicans, and they should pursue him, and package this to try" nothing more

The thing is, Charlotte has to actually want to trade him, which every indication from them is he is completely untouchable...

Now between now and the trade deadline, if Kemba goes and tells them he will not re-sign in the offseason, that's when you might see them change that stance..

What you linked is just a long article that says nothing but"Kemba Walker could help the pelicans, and they should pursue him, and package this to try" nothing more
    So would you do it? Maybe even throw in Holiday’s name? Name your package?

Why would the Mavs give away Barnes AND Dennis Smith Jr for basically Randle

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    Malik Monk and DSJ were both lottery picks last year. Monk, IMO, is a better fit next to Doncic. For Dallas it's basically swapping Monk for DSJ - for basketball fit, and Randle for Barnes - which saves you money.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post

because this is pelicans report lol...

ill give niko for barnes...

So would you do it? Maybe even throw in Holiday’s name? Name your package?
    Would I trade for Kemba? In a heartbeat...

I would give them Niko, Wes and Miller for Kemba and Marvin Williams. Might even throw a 1st in there if they ask nicely

Thread Information