Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: January 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Brooklyn Nets - 17-21

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Lauren: ''I don't understand the gameplan!''

You: THE SPOUSE IS DEMEANING THE COACHES, TRADES INCOMING!!!

No wonder ESPN are able to spin such big storms out of nothing so consistently. You do half the work for them.
    sadiemcgrady

@cruzananddiet
    16m16 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @laurenholiday12 @MasonGinsberg @FearTheBrown
    Are you interjecting as the spouse of a player, by demeaning the coaching? Wow, 25 mill per ! Whew.

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
    Reply 1 Retweet Like Direct message

Lauren Holiday

Verified account

@laurenholiday12
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Interesting you think I’m demeaning the coaching. I actually critiscized my own husband. But way to make something out of nothing! Have a good night!

1 reply 0 retweets 2 likes
    Reply 1 Retweet Like 2 Direct message
    New conversation

sadiemcgrady

@cruzananddiet
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    Well, as a spouse, that sure makes for chili home.
    Not to mention, my spouse would never demean me to over 200k. Wow ! Way to stand by your man.

who the hell is that idiot

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Hit me up when this team ever decides to play defence

Imma go support the Spurs

This team is trash. No defence, no heart. Only 5 points from the bench? For this team there is no easy games. I dont believe in them anymore... #Pelslife

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Well, as a spouse, that sure makes for chili home.
    Not to mention, my spouse would never demean me to over 200k.
    I'll take ''stuff you shouldn't speak on because it's not your place and you have no real reason to do so'' for $500, Alex.
    Basketball.

clearly need depth

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'll take ''stuff you shouldn't speak on because it's not your place and you have no real reason to do so'' for $500, Alex.
    I know what a ****wit.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    This team is trash. No defence, no heart. Only 5 points from the bench? For this team there is no easy games. I dont believe in them anymore... #Pelslife
    #PELSDEATH

34 and 25. And we got killed. The final score doesn't tell the story we've got a ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    #PELSDEATH
    #PELSDEPTH

See what I did there?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    #PELSDEPTH

See what I did there?
    #Pelsepth

There, I took out the D

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    who the hell is that idiot

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Fletcher have another account? Hiding behind another screen name?

Ehh. They should win these next 4, maybe 5. Then everyone can shut the franklin up.

The depth did not lose this game, the lack of defense did. I wonder if some of you were actually watching the game...

Sure, more bench scoring would have been nice but you should be able to win just based on what the starters did.

Niko will help a ton!

Please for the love of all that is holy can we just stay healthy down the stretch!
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 01-03-2019 at 12:02 AM.

#PELSDEPTH

See what I did there?
    This does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    #Pelsepth

There, I took out the D

Here we go again

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Guys there is something fundamentally wrong with this team. It ain't depth. It ain't offense. Its not necessarily coaching. Its focus, caring, and effort. When you care about what happens you focus. When focus you tend to give effort. This team doesn't care. There is no excuse for inferior teams without equal talent to you to beat you. Consistently. I love AD but he as the team leader has to take over games, takeover the lockeroom, takeover the practices, takeover the meetings with the coaching staff. He needs to be having regular meetings with Dell. Get the guys that don't care and aren't performing out of there. He needs to take over more than he ever has.

Because this team is at a crossroads. And this is THE single most important season in franchise history and you as an organization are treating it like you don't care.

This is unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Guys there is something fundamentally wrong with this team. It ain't depth. It ain't offense. Its not necessarily coaching. Its focus, caring, and effort. When you care about what happens you focus. When focus you tend to give effort. This team doesn't care. There is no excuse for inferior teams without equal talent to you to beat you. Consistently. I love AD but he as the team leader has to take over games, takeover the lockeroom, takeover the practices, takeover the meetings with the coaching staff. He needs to be having regular meetings with Dell. Get the guys that don't care and aren't performing out of there. He needs to take over more than he ever has.

Because this team is at a crossroads. And this is THE single most important season in franchise history and you as an organization are treating it like you don't care.

This is unacceptable
    It's like when the Spurs have one bad defensive game you hear about it. You know about it. You are scared to read what Pop has to say about it. Oh he mad. He very mad.

That's what this team needs. Someone who get very mad after a single terrible defensive performace. Every single Pels game is a terrible defensive performance. It's such a shame

And when you have AD and Jrue on the same team it just doesn't make one lick of sense
    Last edited by AusPel; 01-03-2019 at 12:44 AM.

This team hasnt played defense since Gentry became coach, call it what it is. Besides that lil stretch to the playoffs, and that gimmicky defense only worked on Portland because Jrue neutralized their 2 scorers. Fire Gentry and save the season, seriously. Do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    This team hasnt played defense since Gentry became coach, call it what it is. Besides that lil stretch to the playoffs, and that gimmicky defense only worked on Portland because Jrue neutralized their 2 scorers. Fire Gentry and save the season, seriously. Do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    The depth did not lose this game, the lack of defense did. I wonder if some of you were actually watching the game...

Sure, more bench scoring would have been nice but you should be able to win just based on what the starters did.

Niko will help a ton!

Please for the love of all that is holy can we just stay healthy down the stretch!
    While there is some truth to this, you have to wonder how much the poor defense is a result of a lack of depth. AD and Jrue are great defensive players, and even when the team looks discombobulated, you can usually count on at least them to be decent on defense. And they were during that time we pulled the deficit from 20 to 8, but by then there was still five minutes left in the game and they had played like 37 minutes already. In ADs case, that was 37 minutes of being the only player on the entire team forcing fouls and rebounding. Lack of depth means they get overplayed, which means they're tired, which means they aren't likely to play defense. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Said it before. He’s the same coach that ran a 50 win plus Phoenix team into the ground back in the day. I think I’m going to go follow the NHL for now until either he’s relieved of his duties or we make a trade for another star.

Gentry is not a good enough coach to overcome the lack of quality depth on the bench. Ok, rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post

Niko will help a ton!

Thank you. AD and the starting unit got taken to the cleaners defensively from the opening tip. That's a lot of pressure to put on a thin second unit, on the road, against a deep team.

No excuse for AD's or the starting units defensive performance, and AD continues to have very slow feet and reaction on his switches.

Thread Information