Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: January 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Brooklyn Nets - 17-21

AD is single handedly making this happen. Forcing all the fouls, going for every rebound, trying to contest every shot. He has 30/22
    Basketball.

No threes for AD during crunch time. Wake up Alvin!!!!

We were getting so close

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Suddenly we're only down 8 with basically 6 minutes left.

WINNABLE. DO IT.
    I feel like winning this game would just mask all the real problems. I want wins, but I'd much prefer an enjoyable product on the floor. Whether a loss forces anything though is another issue.

Frick Erman’s defense

i feel bad for AD

Good pseudo pyrrhic victory.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    i feel bad for AD
    Meh. It's not like he's taking over. We're close A LOT at the end of games and he starts bricking threes to stop our run. I think he's the best player in the game and he gets his stats but he doesn't will the team to victory.

Niko needs to hurry up and come back. The rest of our “shooters” are too inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    I feel like winning this game would just mask all the real problems. I want wins, but I'd much prefer an enjoyable product on the floor. Whether a loss forces anything though is another issue.
    We've had enough losses to know that losing doesn't make anything change right now. I'll take some wins to make the team feel like there's some progress, and hope the momentum fills them with confidence to play.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Meh. It's not like he's taking over. We're close A LOT at the end of games and he starts bricking threes to stop our run.
    i mean 32/24/3/3/1 with only 1 turnover in 39 min on 50% shooting...so far...is a statline that should NEVER result in a loss

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    i feel bad for AD
    This reminds me of Kevin Garnett. Had No help in Minny , goes to Boston and wins champ.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Meh. It's not like he's taking over. We're close A LOT at the end of games and he starts bricking threes to stop our run. I think he's the best player in the game and he gets his stats but he doesn't will the team to victory.
    Yeah, screw AD, it's not like he's the sole reason we're even in this game at this point. He's not forcing anything, except the other team's misses and giving us all the second chances with his rebounds, and getting to the line regularly. Damn him for shooting one three this quarter despite being 66% from deep before that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Niko needs to hurry up and come back. The rest of our “shooters” are too inconsistent.
    Niko is streaky too.

We have 38 rebounds as a team. AD has 24 of them.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    She talking about Alvin Gentry right?
    Lauren Holiday just gave us our chance to ship Jrue for Beal.

Even if we win... I'm tired of these comeback game. Apathy has set in... Just be nice to be consistent and win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Lauren Holiday just gave us our chance to ship Jrue for Beal.
    That would be an atrocious trade.

Lol we're gonna lose a game where every starter had at least 15 points and AD had a 34/25 night.

Who in the heck is number 12 on Brooklyn?

Get Solo in and do flop trick again on Ed Davis

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That would be an atrocious trade.
    When the spouse (who is supposedly an elite athlete & understands Pro sports) starts flapping her gums by demeaning the coaches- well, the camel has stuck the nose under the tent.

Gentry hates all of us. He drew up a three for AD. Good night folks, onto Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    When the spouse (who is supposedly an elite athlete & understands Pro sports) starts flapping her gums by demeaning the coaches- well, the camel has stuck the nose under the tent.
    Lauren: ''I don't understand the gameplan!''

You: THE SPOUSE IS DEMEANING THE COACHES, TRADES INCOMING!!!

No wonder ESPN are able to spin such big storms out of nothing so consistently. You do half the work for them.

Thread Information