Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: December 28th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Dallas Mavericks - 15-20

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Jordan went 3rd also.
    I'm seeing more than a few similarites already

Luka is the truth. Kid has Jrue looking like an All NBA scrub defenseman.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Here we go.

TOPES WIN! TOPES WIN!

With the exception of the crazy missed 3 at the end, that was AD's best game of the year.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

With the exception of the crazy missed 3 at the end, that was AD's best game of the year.
    Because he played inside, instead of settling for jumpers.

What a game by AD! Wow! But still it was way to close and We have no defence /bench. Demps - its time to make some deal Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    What a game by AD! Wow! But still it was way to close and We have no defence /bench. Demps - its time to make some deal Man!
    Um...once they stopped all the ridiculous swithcing in the 4th, the defense tightened up. And that was with Doncic making Kobe Bryant shots.

Dallas only scored 46 points in the 2nd half. Ok?

Gentry can not start Frazier and Miller over Moore and Hill tomorrow night.

Gentry can not start Frazier and Miller over Moore and Hill tomorrow night.
    Not that anybody cares to post actual helpful news over here anymore but...Elfrid Payton could be back for Monday's game. No word on Mirotic.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Not that anybody cares to post actual helpful news over here anymore but...Elfrid Payton could be back for Monday's game. No word on Mirotic.
    WTF has happened to Mirotic.
    Has his foot been amputated?

His foot has been amputated and he's been erased from history

Have not heard a word about him for weeks

He has a foot.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Be that man. Lol

Some of you owe Solomon Hill an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    Some of you owe Solomon Hill an apology.
    What for

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    What for
    He has been contributing. I do believe he is trying.

Didn't catch the game live, had to sleep instead, but I just finished watching it a few hours late. Wow, what a game from AD. We won tonight despite getting even fewer points outside of AD/Jrue/Randle than the last game. Extremely grateful to see us actually going inside a little which was vital because we shot disgracefully. Finally a good performance in the clutch, especially from AD, and I'm thankful for the win.

That's a win in game 1 of the three home games here. If we can win at least one more, potentially all three, of these games, our record suddenly looks a lot different. The defensive integrity we saw during this second half needs to show up more often, especially with such big pieces of the offense missing. Luckily, Payton should be back soon and I'm guessing Nikola Mirotic is still alive somewhere, or else we would have heard about it.
    Basketball.

IIRC he was sitting on the bench at one of our past two games.

Also, totally forget to mention this: Luka Doncic is ridiculously good, is a total franchise level player for Dallas, Atlanta were stupid to give him up for Trae Young, and the few voices I've heard saying Ayton should be ROTY need to just go away. Doncic is all the hype

And even more substance

I don’t believe I owe Solomon and dang thing lol. His dunk was explosive and I lost my voice screaming after it, BUT...doesn’t make up for years of bad basketball. He would have to do that at least once per game until April for me to see him as a valuable player. Hahaha.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Also, totally forget to mention this: Luka Doncic is ridiculously good, is a total franchise level player for Dallas, Atlanta were stupid to give him up for Trae Young, and the few voices I've heard saying Ayton should be ROTY need to just go away. Doncic is all the hype
    Luka could end up being my new Dirk. That’s something serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I don’t believe I owe Solomon and dang thing lol. His dunk was explosive and I lost my voice screaming after it, BUT...doesn’t make up for years of bad basketball. He would have to do that at least once per game until April for me to see him as a valuable player. Hahaha.
    This won us a game too. Never forget!

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    AD was correct on this night anyway... he had to play almost perfectly for this team to win...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Thread Information