Pelicans Report

Thread: Avery Johnson sightings in NOLA

Avery Johnson sightings in NOLA

Multiple people saw him at the game Saints game Sunday. That part is true.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    ...I actually forgot he existed.

If Gentry could get the job by just showing charts, imagine what Avery can do by showing him an NBA championship ring.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

If he or Joe Dumars end up in a significant role as GM or President of Basketball Operations I am officially out.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    If he or Joe Dumars end up in a significant role as GM or President of Basketball Operations I am officially out.
    seriously as if 2 local guys will some how change things just bc they're local. it's weird and dumb

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

He hasn't been good at Alabama, why would anyone want him back in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    seriously as if 2 local guys will some how change things just bc they're local. it's weird and dumb

The Benson regime has gone after the easy route at every junction so far, so it wouldn't shock me if they do the same in transitioning out of the Demps/AD era. I hope this incident that is bringing down the national spotlight on the incompetence in New Orleans jolts them out of their complacency, but I'm skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    The Benson regime has gone after the easy route at every junction so far, so it wouldn't shock me if they do the same in transitioning out of the Demps/AD era. I hope this incident that is bringing down the national spotlight on the incompetence in New Orleans jolts them out of their complacency, but I'm skeptical.
    How did they go the easy route at every junction? That's hyperbole at its finest. The easy route would have been to fire SP when Goodell told Benson to fire him, or after multiple 7-9 seasons. The easy route would have been to keep Monty after he made the playoffs. The easy route would have been to give Cousins whatever he wanted.

I don't agree at all that the Benson regime just constantly takes the easiest path. No matter what path they took people would complain. I can promise you every decision they make is hard thought out because you lose nothing from them but they cna lose jobs / millions of dollars.

Are we really going to post all of the lame Fletcher tweets? He is the most incompetent "reporter" on NOLA TV.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Are we really going to post all of the lame Fletcher tweets? He is the most incompetent "reporter" on NOLA TV.
    reporter in quotes is being generous lol

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Accept this was factual.

If I wanted to read Twitter I'd read Twitter. Make one thread and keep all the tweets in there so I can just skip it.

Who give him the tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If I wanted to read Twitter I'd read Twitter. Make one thread and keep all the tweets in there so I can just skip it.
    They will not listen. I've asked for this in two different threads so far, and the new threads just keep coming
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    How did they go the easy route at every junction? That's hyperbole at its finest. The easy route would have been to fire SP when Goodell told Benson to fire him, or after multiple 7-9 seasons. The easy route would have been to keep Monty after he made the playoffs. The easy route would have been to give Cousins whatever he wanted.

I don't agree at all that the Benson regime just constantly takes the easiest path. No matter what path they took people would complain. I can promise you every decision they make is hard thought out because you lose nothing from them but they cna lose jobs / millions of dollars.
    I'm talking strictly the Pelicans here. And easy is probably not the optimal word, I'd say they(as in those above Demps that come from the Saints Org and ownership) have so far been neglectful and have primarily reached for what is convenient when forced.

By all evidence, at no point have the Benson's committed to the depth and breadth of a restructuring/auditing/vetting/hiring process amongst the upper management that pretty much any NBA ownership transfer(or any business consolidation, acquisition, or transfer) commits to. To this day we still have Loomis pulling triple duty as organizational Executive VP, Saints GM, and Pelicans head of basketball operations. That is an absurd workload that is untenable and we have seen how that absurdity plays out in the memes about Loomis only having the schedule to devote very little time to the Pelicans during the offseason. A job he's not even well qualified for in the first place.

Benson took over and just gave Monty and Demps their prove it season, leaving the rest of the guts of the Shinn organization in tact, which is fair to an extent, but when a power struggle happened the Benson's just defaulted to Demps. When struggles became readily apparent and failures abound from a roster building perspective, Loomis and Co. remained minimally involved. Only eventually going through the farce of hamstringing Demp's flexibility and forcing him to hold onto the Buddy pick and never getting around to addressing the mounting grievances and failures piling up due to the Saints offseason schedule.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-28-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    They will not listen. I've asked for this in two different threads so far, and the new threads just keep coming
    Proper etiquette to source your info . I properly sourced the info. Guess I’ll use Facebook since you don’t like Twitter.

For Christ’s sake don’t replace a dud with another likely dud. We never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    Proper etiquette to source your info . I properly sourced the info. Guess I’ll use Facebook since you don’t like Twitter.
    I'm not asking you to source things differently. I'm asking you to put information in groups, rather than posting a new thread every time you see something you find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm not asking you to source things differently. I'm asking you to put information in groups, rather than posting a new thread every time you see something you find interesting.
    it's trolling and doing it on purpose hence the continued threads about different ones even though every keeps asking for this

Let’s not do this again, first being Fletch is by far one of the worst Pelicans/New Orleans reporters. Kushner, Will Guillory, Jim Eichenhofer and all of the BSS (Shamit, Ginsberg, MM, Pawel, 42, etc.) and TBW guys are better. Follow them on Twitter and talk about what those guys talk about, not what obscene thing Fletch says.
    Second, Demps is a much better GM than Avery. He was caught up in the crazy money spending of summer 2016 with Solo but since then he has been good. I’m not excusing it but let’s not act like he was the only one to spend money stupidly that summer. Since then he has made the Boogie trade, re-signed Jrue to an appropriate deal, got Rondo for cheap, the Mirotic trade, got Randle and EP this offseason. That’s not a bad resume for the past 2 1/2 years. If AD leaves, clean house, start a new era with Jrue and whatever you get for AD. Fire Demps and Gentry but don’t give it to Avery Johnson because he’s a friend of the Bensons, that’s just ridiculous. MM has pointed out that it’s really important for the Pels to find a president of basketball operations and for whoever that is to do his/her due diligence to hire a new FO.
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    ...I actually forgot he existed.
    Yeah unfortunately Fletch still exists...

Thread Information