Pelicans Report

Thread: Lebron interview with Rachel Nichols

Lebron interview with Rachel Nichols

Yep he pretty much admitted he has been tampering for years. NBA did not stop him. Tried to get players to play in Cleveland. Some rejected. Tried to get Paul George to Cleveland. He is not stopping trying to get players to play for him in LA.

He is breaking rules and the NBA seems ok with it. He don’t care what you think.

Please for the love of God, just start a master thread
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    LeBron is cancerous to this league. Dude has everyone wrapped around his finger and it's sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    Yep he pretty much admitted he has been tampering for years. NBA did not stop him. Tried to get players to play in Cleveland. Some rejected. Tried to get Paul George to Cleveland. He is not stopping trying to get players to play for him in LA.

He is breaking rules and the NBA seems ok with it. He don’t care what you think.
    If AD had been doing this the past few years and it worked, you would love it.

But the Pels have a superstar that didn't want to recruit and a market nobody wants to go to. Just the facts.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

But the Pels have a superstar that didn't want to recruit and a market nobody wants to go to. Just the facts.

You are right.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar

Right on the money...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Basketball Guru

thats one of the problems with a lot of pelicans fans...they hate lebron for doing it his way but would love if we had a player recruiting players to come here and winning titles lol......

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    thats one of the problems with a lot of pelicans fans...they hate lebron for doing it his way but would love if we had a player recruiting players to come here and winning titles lol......
    Dell Demps

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plrihqsgiexk587hr3pr.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	6371
    Last edited by AstroFire; 12-25-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    LeBron is cancerous to this league. Dude has everyone wrapped around his finger and it's sickening.
    Durant may have been on to something when he said that LeBron has a “toxic” environment around him.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Durant may have been on to something when he said that LeBron has a “toxic” environment around him.

he was telling the truth..lebron had a problem with the word toxic.....

thats why i believe the media and lebron are trying to get AD now with all of these early talks because i think the superstars are not going to join him in helping him win another title because it will be all about him and not the team winning.....i think lebron is getting desperate and see the writing on the wall..

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The sentiment that we're kind of hypocrites for being against LeBron coming after AD is...nothing. You may as well be saying "You have no problem with our team beating other teams. But would hate another team to come in and beat ours."

No ********...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    he was telling the truth..lebron had a problem with the word toxic.....

thats why i believe the media and lebron are trying to get AD now with all of these early talks because i think the superstars are not going to join him in helping him win another title because it will be all about him and not the team winning.....i think lebron is getting desperate and see the writing on the wall..
    I agree 100%....lebron IMO is trying to take advantage of the fact that AD is not known to be an alpha on and off the court.

I’m not Lebron’s biggest fan, but I respect him as one of the best to ever play the game. He has been a joy to watch at times despite some of his antics on and off the court. Obviously, I think he is in the wrong, but he is surely not the only player that does this.

MM is 100% correct. Y’all hate LBJ for doing something y’all wish AD would do. The LBJ hate is dumb. Furthermore, if he was a Pel, these same people saying that they hate him would be supporting him 100%
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 12-25-2018 at 07:06 PM.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    MM is 100% correct. Y’all hate LBJ for doing something y’all wish AD would do. The LBJ hate is dumb. Furthermore, if he was a Pel, these same people saying that they hate him would be supporting him 100%
    And, again, I want my team to beat other teams. I do not want other teams to beat ours. So in the exact same token, I want the best players on our team to assist in acquiring better players from others...so we can win more games than we lose.

It's sports. The hate isn't dumb. It's completely expected. LeBron gets his way, our team is lesser for it. Like we should just be cool with that? Quite acceptance, maybe. But that's not all that logical, given that fan is short for fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post

https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-ne...vis-tampering/

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-anthony-davis

Not looking good for Dell is it? On that note if AD is not doing it that pretty much means...,
    Last edited by AstroFire; 12-25-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Meh, he was tampering, he should get hit for that.

But yeah, every one of us would want AD to do the same. Oh well.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-ne...vis-tampering/

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-anthony-davis

Not looking good for Dell is it? On that note if AD is not doing it that pretty much means...,
    There is no confidence among most of us -- if not all of us -- that the league cares about protecting our interests," one small-market GM told ESPN. "It's hard enough already to hold onto the kind of players we need to try and win with -- but [the league] doesn't do anything to help.
    There will be blood in 2021...maybe before. How does a lockout effect a supermax contract?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Whether we'd like AD doing it or not isn't the point. If something is against the rules and you get away with it, then obviously that helps you and other people wish they could also get away with it. That doesn't change the fact that it's against the rules in the first place and should never have been allowed.

There is no rule against players "tampering". They can recruit whenever and however they want. The rules are there to prevent teams from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    There is no rule against players "tampering". They can recruit whenever and however they want. The rules are there to prevent teams from doing so.
    There absolutely is a rule on the books for player tampering with the highest allowable fine of $50,000. The issue is the NBA has decided that they will not enforce any player tampering rule unless there is evidence that the team the player is on is also tampering.

It really is a dumb rule.

"None of you can talk about this."

Lol. They're going to talk. I hate the superstar foul treatment and this new super team league but telling LeBron he can't do this is idiotic and will never work.

Everyone feel better now?

Thread Information