Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I have not given up yet!

I have not given up yet!

Why?

1) Payton should be back in about a week or so and Niko any day. I think people are forgetting just how important Niko is to this team. Remember, the Bulls traded him for nothing because they couldn't tank properly with him on the team.

2) I will reserve judgment until the end of the season because nothing will happen with AD until after this season.

3) So far, this season has sucked big time but so did last year at this time.

4) All I want for Christmas is a healthy team down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Why?

1) Payton should be back in about a week or so and Niko any day. I think people are forgetting just how important Niko is to this team. Remember, the Bulls traded him for nothing because they couldn't tank properly with him on the team.

2) I will reserve judgment until the end of the season because nothing will happen with AD until after this season.

3) So far, this season has sucked big time but so did last year at this time.

4) All I want for Christmas is a healthy team down the stretch.

That is some of the problem but not all the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    That is some of the problem but not all the problem.
    This team should be able to be at least as good as last year. The playoff team basically added Payton and Randle and lost Rondo. So, unless Rondo was actually coaching the team I see that as a net positive.

If Rondo was coaching the team we should just fire Gentry and trade for Rondo and let him be the first ever head coach/player.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    This team should be able to be at least as good as last year. The playoff team basically added Payton and Randle and lost Rondo. So, unless Rondo was actually coaching the team I see that as a net positive.

If Rondo was coaching the team we should just fire Gentry and trade for Rondo and let him be the first ever head coach/player.
    Google Bill Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Google Bill Russell.
    Heck, Google Lebron James.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

This is basically my stance. As much as I've hated the way we've played for the last month or so, I did say a while ago that I'm reserving panic for the 7th of January, because by then everyone should be back healthy and we can actually see what we have.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    LeBron is the first ever GM/Coach/Player.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Google Bill Russell.
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I meant, officially titled as Head coach/player

Edited to add: I didn't realize there have been 40 other instances of players also acting as the teams head coach, but its been almost 40 years! Time to trade for Rondo and designate him as HC/PG
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 12-26-2018 at 04:13 PM.

I haven’t given up but I’m beyond frustrated. Merry Christmas everyone. Happy holidays!
    RIP FlyGirl

At some point all these injuries can't simply be a "luck" thing. It seems like every year it's waiting to get somebody back.

Wasn’t Herb Williams a player/coach?

We waited too long. I think they thought they could ride it out until folks got healthy, but turns out they couldn’t afford to be patient. At 15-20 we have to, at a minimum, go 30-17 the rest of the way to get a shot at even being a low seed in the playoffs. Maybe more like 32-15. It’s a big ask. I think maybe the organization thought at some level that the team could just rip off big winning streaks and get well like it did last year. That’s a dangerous way to think..instead they needed to be more aggressive trading for a true back up PG and serviceable starting wing, even if it meant over paying. They played it conservative and now I think the Pels are screwed for this year and management has likely managed itself out of a job.

Time for thread title change?

Alvin Gentry has ran this team into the ground. I have never seen a coach that clueless when it comes to clutch situations and the limitations of his players. I blame Demps for even hiring this guy to replace Monty. It seemed like a lateral move at the time and it could possibly end up being worse when it’s all said and done. Ok, rant over.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 12-27-2018 at 07:10 AM.

I believe honestly. Just because I seen what they can do fully healthy... the thing is we need to do better at weathering the storm until we are fully healthy. This is a dangerous team so I’m ride or die.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

I’ll go as far and say AD knows how good this team is when healthy, so I also thinks he stays!

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    We waited too long. I think they thought they could ride it out until folks got healthy, but turns out they couldn’t afford to be patient. At 15-20 we have to, at a minimum, go 30-17 the rest of the way to get a shot at even being a low seed in the playoffs. Maybe more like 32-15. It’s a big ask. I think maybe the organization thought at some level that the team could just rip off big winning streaks and get well like it did last year. That’s a dangerous way to think..instead they needed to be more aggressive trading for a true back up PG and serviceable starting wing, even if it meant over paying. They played it conservative and now I think the Pels are screwed for this year and management has likely managed itself out of a job.
    We are 4 games out of the playoffs right now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    I’ll go as far and say AD knows how good this team is when healthy, so I also thinks he stays!
    Team has no depth. You need depth to win.

Last edited by AstroFire; 12-27-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Have you posted that tweet about a dozen times? We all know that Denver has depth and we have none.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    What faith you have.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Delusional. The PELS need to clean house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About as many times as someone posting blaming losses to our injuries.

Lebron is reportedly about to miss a bunch of games. Let's see how good the Lakers are without him.

So now you are posting Duncan? Really?

Thread Information