Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trade AD

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The other reason I want Booker is I don't want to deal with having an elite big man and struggling to find a quality player to facilitate to him. Unless we are building through the draft and a big just happens to be BPA. But that's what we need. Enough of this young veteran crap. Enough trading away our 1st round picks. Draft players with quality traits and skills that fit the archetypes of the team you want.

And just deal with the growing pains until they're ready.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I got flamed to hell in the past when I said if AD was your best you’ll never be a championship team. Welcome to the dark side. AD is a statistical monster but doesn’t make his teammates better. We were good with Rondo because he made the team better
    I actually think Jrue’s ridiculously low bbiq is more detrimental than anything. This can all be negated if we have a lead guard or someone that can run the offense as Jrue is much better off the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I actually think Jrue’s ridiculously low bbiq is more detrimental than anything. This can all be negated if we have a lead guard or someone that can run the offense as Jrue is much better off the ball.
    I’m on record saying that Holiday is overrated by many. I think he is the epitome of mediocre.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

I’m on record saying that Holiday is overrated by many. I think he is the epitome of mediocre.

Well you have have people that like Holiday just because they like him for some reason.

Here is another trade idea

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd4yxo5z

Trade AD

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Well then prepare to stop watching the NBA.

I wont miss AD. Not like I missed CP3. There are 20+ teams right now who dont have AD that have better records, so I dont see why we are acting like he is necessary to putting out a quality product. They can put out a better product without him but they need to do it right. Get a President, Coach and GM all with a shared vision. People who value culture and sustained success over quick fixes. If they do it right and start fresh, I could see more joy coming from the next 7 years than the past 7.

This is exactly where I am at this point. Everyone keeps yelling not to trade him, but we have not been good with AD except one year. We need to play out this year. Offer the super max, once he turns it down fire gentry and demps. Let the bidding war start for AD and take the best offer that the new GM and coach want to build with their system. People act like we have no control or leverage. If we make AD available then 80% of the NBA teams will call us with an offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by msw2024; 12-25-2018 at 08:59 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jrue shouldn't be counted on as a top option for us. He's better on defense than he is on offense, I think that much is clear.

Good at a lot of things, great at only one thing, really. But he's undersized for the kind of game he plays.

If he was being traded to the Lakers, I feel like it should have happen by now or close to it. LA has the assets to trade to us now.

Lakers would really be the better trade compared to the Celtics. Kuzma, Ingram, plus Ball, overall, is better than Tatum and some backups. I’m not sure how much better Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball makes the Pelicans though more than what they already are. It would at least make our front court and bench a lot deeper by adding those three to Mirotic and Randle. We’d just have to re-up on Mirotic and Randle in the off-season. I’m coming around on a AD trade, mainly cause of the depth will give us a complete team along with young players from LA with upside

I think the only things that may be holding up a AD trade is trying get a third team to give us more lottery picks and possibly another decent player. Or, the FO might make a trade to add to AD in order to keep him.

We’re under 500 with AD. We’d be under 500 without him. Tell me how AD and his 60 game average will be missed.
    Yup this becomes clearer when we remove the emotional attachment to “AD is a top 3 player in the league” like I have. Since AD has been a star in the league, he’s always had another star paired with him, with at least another really good player being present too. Pelicans always had enough talent that should have gotten better by playing with AD. AD is elite, but his eliteness hasn’t brought a major impact to the team results like it should have

If he is traded to the Lakers for the poopoo platter I’m going to go back to being a Jazz fan. Ain’t nobody got time for that bull********.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If he is traded to the Lakers for the poopoo platter I’m going to go back to being a Jazz fan. Ain’t nobody got time for that bull********.
    THIS......I don’t want to trade AD to any team in the West. Give me what Boston is serving any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    THIS......I don’t want to trade AD to any team in the West. Give me what Boston is serving any day of the week.
    AD to the East and nothing short of Tatum or Simmons as the core piece

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Personally, I want to see what our FO, coaching staff, and system look like before I start drawing up dream trades. Lets say you get an executive with a great draft track record, I might want more picks in that scenario. The coaches system will play a big part in which player(s) to go after to.

I know the AD trade itself will be vital in getting talent back, but I promise that what this franchise decides to do with President, GM, HC, etc will be far more important long term. That is the most important part of this whole process.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I'd really love to send AD to Chicago.. Take back Dunn, Carter Jr and their 1st (send him in the offseason), and with that first grab 1 of the Duke 3 (Zion or Reddish).. Lineup could look like:

Dunn/Payton/Frazier
    Jrue/Moore/Frank
    Zion or Reddish/Miller/FA
    Carter/Niko
    Randle/Okafor/FA

Still a very competitive team, and very young with alot of potential to grow into a dominant team.

Basketball Guru
    if AD sign the supermax, how much will he be making?..45-47 a year?....how realistically can we build a contender around him at that price and if players dont want to come here?...plus our org. dont look like its going to go into the lux tax for a high price team...we made it past the second round last season and may do it again this season.....

if that is the ceiling for us then its time to let him go for a group of young players that can turn into stars and trade assets to get better....

im on record for ball,,kuzma,,ingram and hart plus what we can get from a third or fourth team involved....

Personally, I want to see what our FO, coaching staff, and system look like before I start drawing up dream trades. Lets say you get an executive with a great draft track record, I might want more picks in that scenario. The coaches system will play a big part in which player(s) to go after to.

I know the AD trade itself will be vital in getting talent back, but I promise that what this franchise decides to do with President, GM, HC, etc will be far more important long term. That is the most important part of this whole process.
    True.

Put AD in the Spurs system and we are looking at multiple titles already

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    if AD sign the supermax, how much will he be making?..45-47 a year?....how realistically can we build a contender around him at that price and if players dont want to come here?...plus our org. dont look like its going to go into the lux tax for a high price team...we made it past the second round last season and may do it again this season.....

if that is the ceiling for us then its time to let him go for a group of young players that can turn into stars and trade assets to get better....

im on record for ball,,kuzma,,ingram and hart plus what we can get from a third or fourth team involved....
    Realistically if he signs the supermax you are looking at our team for the next few years. Nobody is taking a pay cut to come here, so we will be limited to guys that will take the MLE, and hoping they re-sign the following season for a small bump in pay...

IMO, if we get the right assets for him, this team could be better (aka deeper) without AD in the long term picture, although I wish we could make it work with him, he would just have to go out and be able to recruit guys like Rozier, Brown, Ariza etc (All guys coming up for new deals and we could use)... We got a good start with him recruiting Randle, let's hope that's a view of things to come

any insight into if they're actually thinking of making those changes or is it wishful thinking?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    AD to the Knicks for their unprotected lottery pick, Hardaway, and Porzingis. How could either organization say no to that?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9mlu6re

And while you're at it, I'd trade Randle and Solo to Blazers for Simmons and Turner. Anfernee Simmons is a young prospect that might have gone much higher in the draft had he gone to college. Turner is a great vet add for a rebuilding team about to get younger and one of Jrue's good friends. Mostly I have no use for the extra wins Randle would give us this season or the contract Randle will want next season,

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8llr9ay

I'm undecided about what to do with Niko, but I'm tempted to keep him. I'd also love to see if Dallas is ready to give up on pairing Dennis Smith Jr with Luka. Moore and Niko for Matthews and DSJ would work for me. .

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7r89392

DSJ/Payton/Frank
    Jrue/Wes/Simmons
    Hardaway/Turner
    Porzingis/Diallo
    Okafor

...and 2 lottery picks next year with fingers crossed that you can luck into Zion. If not you draft one of the wings with one pick, and trade the other for a good young front court player.

If Porzingis picks up where he left off, that team might be better off than this one currently is. We have wing depth for the first time!
    ...might as well trade Jrue Holiday too.

Holiday to Orlando for Isaac/Augustin/Mozgov and a lightly protected 2019 1st.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9svd2yd

Payton/Frank/Augustin
    Wes/Simmons
    Hardaway/Turner
    Isaac/Diallo
    Porzingis/Okafor/Mozgov

....and 3 picks next year!

Let's get this rebuild started right now the right way!

...might as well trade Jrue Holiday too.

Holiday to Orlando for Isaac/Augustin/Mozgov and a lightly protected 2019 1st.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9svd2yd

Payton/Frank/Augustin
    Wes/Simmons
    Hardaway/Turner
    Isaac/Diallo
    Porzingis/Okafor/Mozgov

....and 3 picks next year!

Let's get this rebuild started right now the right way!
    There is no scenario that benefits the Pels to trade AD before the lottery.. You dont send him out during the season, as the team you send him to their pick placement will only drop.. After the lottery you know where everyone's pick is, and you know who your Coach and GM will be and what kind of rebuild you are targeting i.e. burn it down and start from scratch (in this case high draft pick with young players like Chicago, NYK could offer), or attempt to stay competitive (in this case talented young players like Tatum, Simmons, and the LAL 3 with a couple late picks thrown in)

Either way, everyone can talk about it all we want, we will know nothing of what will ultimately happen until the offseason though. You never know, we may turn things around when Niko and EP come back, and swing a trade for a guy like Wall or Beal and become a top 4 seed in the West, and everyone becomes happy and AD signs the supermax.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    There is no scenario that benefits the Pels to trade AD before the lottery.. You dont send him out during the season, as the team you send him to their pick placement will only drop.. After the lottery you know where everyone's pick is, and you know who your Coach and GM will be and what kind of rebuild you are targeting i.e. burn it down and start from scratch (in this case high draft pick with young players like Chicago, NYK could offer), or attempt to stay competitive (in this case talented young players like Tatum, Simmons, and the LAL 3 with a couple late picks thrown in)

Either way, everyone can talk about it all we want, we will know nothing of what will ultimately happen until the offseason though. You never know, we may turn things around when Niko and EP come back, and swing a trade for a guy like Wall or Beal and become a top 4 seed in the West, and everyone becomes happy and AD signs the supermax.
    If the Knicks offer Porzingis and a pick, you don’t have to wait until the lottery. You take Porzingis and say thank you. AD isn’t improving the Knicks drastically over the course of the rest of the season. If he was that dude, the Pels would be winning. The only teams that improve now because they get AD before the lottery are Celtics and Lakers because AD won’t have to carry them to those wins:

If the Knicks offer Porzingis and a pick, you don’t have to wait until the lottery. You take Porzingis and say thank you. AD isn’t improving the Knicks drastically over the course of the rest of the season. If he was that dude, the Pels would be winning. The only teams that improve now because they get AD before the lottery are Celtics and Lakers because AD won’t have to carry them to those wins:
    He could give them 10 extra wins through the course of the season.. In the draft that could be the difference from having a top 3 pick to dropping to a 10-12 pick, unless you get lucky with the lottery and get higher than you were supposed to be..

You also could just as easily have the Bulls land the #1 overall pick and they WOULD have traded that to us along with Carter and Dunn for AD, but you shot your load early and took Porzingas and the 12th pick..

Again, there is ZERO advantage for the Pels in trading him before the lottery is done

Basketball Guru
    now its talks of kyrie going to be recruiting AD lol.......they are trying to drive our fan base crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    He could give them 10 extra wins through the course of the season.. In the draft that could be the difference from having a top 3 pick to dropping to a 10-12 pick, unless you get lucky with the lottery and get higher than you were supposed to be..

You also could just as easily have the Bulls land the #1 overall pick and they WOULD have traded that to us along with Carter and Dunn for AD, but you shot your load early and took Porzingas and the 12th pick..

Again, there is ZERO advantage for the Pels in trading him before the lottery is done
    Porzingis and the 12th pick (bird in hand) are worth more than the lottery odds of Chicago getting the 1 pick, Carter, and Dunn (whatever is in the bush).

Have y’all forgotten how good Porzingis is???

I'd have to wait and see Porzingis back in action before trading for him. You don't expect there to be any long term effects, but you never know.

Thread Information