Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trade AD

Who wants to live in this timeline doe

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I agree just wondering if they would trade Tatum. I just need one good player preferably with potential and some picks.
    Boston has wanted AD since he signed his second contract. I'd have to think we're in the drivers seat at demanding Tatum.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    What about
    PELS: receive D’angello Williams PG and Jared Dudley SF

NETS: receive Niko, Moore and a 2019 top 3 protected 1st round pick, 2021 top 14 1st protected.

THEN

we trade AD to Boston

We do: AD and Solomon Hill for:

Jayson Tatum, Horford and Boston’s 1st rounder Memphis top 8 protected pick and Boston’s 1st rounder via CLIPPERS top 14 protected pick plus Boston’s own 1st round pick.... so, Tatum, Horford and 3 2019 first round picks.... get at least two picks....

We could even trade for Russel AND resign him as a RFA and still trade AD to Boston. Get a star SF from Boston and a very good pg from the nets. We would have Russel, Jrue, Tatum, Randle and Horford. Plus we’d likely have 2-3first round picks.....

What do y’all think????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Boston has wanted AD since he signed his second contract. I'd have to think we're in the drivers seat at demanding Tatum.
    The problem is we lose traction the longer we wait. Next year becomes his de facto last year. That puts Boston or LA in the driver seat if they feel they can bring him in as a FA. I don't want Dell Demps making any trades with Danny Ainge.

What about Ayton, Warren and 2 1sts from Phoenix?

Ayton has franchise potential and Warren is more than a great starting SF

Or to Clippers for Tobias, Harrell and Shai

Immediately you have fixed PG, SF and Centre
    Last edited by AusPel; 12-25-2018 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    What about
    PELS: receive D’angello Williams PG and Jared Dudley SF

NETS: receive Niko, Moore and a 2019 top 3 protected 1st round pick, 2021 top 14 1st protected.

THEN

we trade AD to Boston

We do: AD and Solomon Hill for:

Jayson Tatum, Horford and Boston’s 1st rounder Memphis top 8 protected pick and Boston’s 1st rounder via CLIPPERS top 14 protected pick plus Boston’s own 1st round pick.... so, Tatum, Horford and 3 2019 first round picks.... get at least two picks....

We could even trade for Russel AND resign him as a RFA and still trade AD to Boston. Get a star SF from Boston and a very good pg from the nets. We would have Russel, Jrue, Tatum, Randle and Horford. Plus we’d likely have 2-3first round picks.....

What do y’all think????

Pels don't need an over the hill running back
    @mcnamara247

I feel like people are forgetting that Porzingis is coming off of an ACL tear. I think the last thing I'd do is trade AD for a big that already has a ligament injury.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    What about Ayton, Warren and 2 1sts from Phoenix?

Ayton has franchise potential and Warren is more than a great starting SF

Or to Clippers for Tobias, Harrell and Shai

Immediately you have fixed PG, SF and Centre
    I am very angry when it comes to trading AD. VERY. I want everything we can get and I want to left a totally different team. They can keep Ayton. I want Booker.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Can you specify why this plan is not the best idea? Russel should be back and do fine. He’s been awesome and it’s not a high risk. The nets are making a push to go deep in playoffs and they could use a player like Niko. Also if Russel comes back and plays well we can match offers in offseason. Low risk!!! Especially if we trade AD. We have to get Tatum and picks to make everything work out. It’s realistic and getting those picks might be hit or miss but we could use them to move up in draft as well if we see a real opportunity. The main thing is we make a smart move BEFORE trading AD AND Get Tatum(the small forward we desperately need) I like Russel because he can shoot the three and run an offense. He ALSO has shown flashes of star level basketball. Injuries always concern me but look at Jrue. He worked it out. Tatum and Russel with Jrue would be very interesting.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Can you specify why this plan is not the best idea? Russel should be back and do fine. He’s been awesome and it’s not a high risk. The nets are making a push to go deep in playoffs and they could use a player like Niko. Also if Russel comes back and plays well we can match offers in offseason. Low risk!!! Especially if we trade AD. We have to get Tatum and picks to make everything work out. It’s realistic and getting those picks might be hit or miss but we could use them to move up in draft as well if we see a real opportunity. The main thing is we make a smart move BEFORE trading AD AND Get Tatum(the small forward we desperately need) I like Russel because he can shoot the three and run an offense. He ALSO has shown flashes of star level basketball. Injuries always concern me but look at Jrue. He worked it out. Tatum and Russel with Jrue would be very interesting.

He might well not like it, but he was teasing you about one of the names in your original post...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

The Franchise

He was being funny. You said Deangelo Williams instead of Russell

Lol ok I didn’t realize I wrote williams. But honestly what do u think of the trade? Genius idea right?

Lol ok I didn’t realize I wrote williams. But honestly what do u think of the trade? Genius idea right?

First of all, I want Randle gone under almost any scenario. Especially one where you have other high usage guys in Russell and Tatum. On top of that, I think Russell is fine, but what do you do in 2 years when you gotta pay him 20-25 mil per year or lose him? Still like him that much then? Then, after that, you gotta give Tatum a max.

I am not a fan of giving up any assets right now. I just wanna see what the Pels get back for AD then make moves based off that foundation. Why trade for Russell now? Maybe you get offered a good PG in the AD deal. Maybe you get a new GM and coach who want to run a system that isn't great for Russell.

Just sit tight, play out the season, hold a bidding war for AD and then build the roster from there around the vision of your new GM and Head Coach. Don't make them inherit a bunch of stuff they might not want.

We lose AD I may be done watching the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    This franchise has won one playoff series during his tenure. His tenure did not produce much joy, as least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Well then prepare to stop watching the NBA.

I wont miss AD. Not like I missed CP3. There are 20+ teams right now who dont have AD that have better records, so I dont see why we are acting like he is necessary to putting out a quality product. They can put out a better product without him but they need to do it right. Get a President, Coach and GM all with a shared vision. People who value culture and sustained success over quick fixes. If they do it right and start fresh, I could see more joy coming from the next 7 years than the past 7.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar

I wont miss AD. Not like I missed CP3. There are 20+ teams right now who dont have AD that have better records, so I dont see why we are acting like he is necessary to putting out a quality product. They can put out a better product without him but they need to do it right. Get a President, Coach and GM all with a shared vision. People who value culture and sustained success over quick fixes. If they do it right and start fresh, I could see more joy coming from the next 7 years than the past 7.
    Amen! I mean I love AD but he isn’t making me worried about him gone. He is causing a distraction at this point. The Pels need a new structure at the top more than AD.

It's that I feel like I've wasted 16-17 years waiting on this Franchise to be something. We get an once a generation talent and cant build around him properly. And we had plenty chances just made bad moves at every turn. Drafting Rivers, resigning Gordon, trading the 6th pick for Jrue(we could've still traded for Jrue without losing that pick), which could've been Giannis or McCollum, losing Lopez and Vasquez for Tyreke, trading a 1st for Asik, resigning Asik and Ajinca to long term deals, signing Hill to a long term deal because of literally one playoff series. Injuries contributed some but the overpaying of players in free agency and trades contributed most to a lack of depth. I just want to see a light at the end of the tunnel where we keep AD.

Firing Monty after he got us to the playoffs and then starting over with a completely different system, trying to chase a trend Golden State was starting. We haven't had an identity since. And we missed the playoffs the next two seasons. Monty had AD working on his post game, defense, ball handling and passing 4 years ago. Then Gentry comes in and has him shooting 3s, like what? AD progress slowed under Gentry imo, he would be a juggernaut under Monty currently. I also dont think we hand Asik and Ajinca long term deals if Monty is still advising.

CP was great but he had a much better supporting cast with fringe all stars in Chandler and Peja(in terms of their fit). Heck Peja is a former MVP candidate and was playing at a high level. And an All star in David West. Mo Pete and Pargo was solid as well. Before injuries brought that team down.

Edit: Basically what I'm saying is I dont want to cheer for another team, and I dont want to waste another 7 years seeing if this Franchise will get it right. Fix it with AD or I may be done with basketball. Maybe not but it's likely.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 12-25-2018 at 06:11 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    One thing is clear, an elite big man is useless without an equally capable guard or wing to feed him. Was Malone nearly who he would've been without Stockon? Would STAT been STAT without the greatness of Steve Nash? Hell, Prime Chris Paul got David West into an All-Star game.

A pity we never got more than one season of a real facilitator with AD.

First thing Happy holidays to you and yours. Do you truly believe that AD is gone, and that none of the ideas from Demps will keep AD in NOLA? from some of the people i know within the organization they still believe AD will give Pels a chance to work on building a legacy together.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar7th View Post
    First thing Happy holidays to you and yours. Do you truly believe that AD is gone, and that none of the ideas from Demps will keep AD in NOLA? from some of the people i know within the organization they still believe AD will give Pels a chance to work on building a legacy together.
    Yes, I believe that it is far more likely that AD leaves than he stays. It would take 4-5 things breaking perfectly between now and June for him to agree to the extension in July and things never break right like that for this franchise.

And he is right/smart to ask out. He gave this franchise enough time to build a sustainable contender. They couldn't do it, so it makes sense for him to try somewhere else. There is no sense in AD wasting any more time hoping that this franchise can finally figure out how to build a sustainable winner with a solid foundation.

I actually agree with you. On the right team AD would be an absolute monster. As it stands, we’d be a better team with lesser players that can run the game. AD’s biggest faults are that he can’t run a team and he is a bit passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I am very angry when it comes to trading AD. VERY. I want everything we can get and I want to left a totally different team. They can keep Ayton. I want Booker.
    Exactly. You can’t trade AD and take back players that they don’t want. AD is a superstar. You can’t trade him for Rozier and a pick or any of these other rediculous trades that I’m seeing.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I actually agree with you. On the right team AD would be an absolute monster. As it stands, we’d be a better team with lesser players that can run the game. AD’s biggest faults are that he can’t run a team and he is a bit passive.

I got flamed to hell in the past when I said if AD was your best you’ll never be a championship team. Welcome to the dark side. AD is a statistical monster but doesn’t make his teammates better. We were good with Rondo because he made the team better

We’re under 500 with AD. We’d be under 500 without him. Tell me how AD and his 60 game average will be missed.

Thread Information