Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trade AD

The media did it again, it's brainwashing everyone to want AD or expect AD to go to the Lakers. When did AD ever mention he wants to leave? I tell you what if Bron wants AD he can come to N.O.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    The media did it again, it's brainwashing everyone to want AD or expect AD to go to the Lakers. When did AD ever mention he wants to leave? I tell you what if Bron wants AD he can come to N.O.
    Are you familiar with reading between the lines

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Agree but the way Dell spoke about Boogie led me to believe that the ride was over.
    The “In a perfect world we would like to keep Rondo and Cousins” comment. I remember that!

You shouldn't have to blow a player with one Achilles tendon that you already offered 8x the amount of money than he took elsewhere to get him to stay.

No player on the team wanted Cousins and we still outbid everyone else and he turned us down.

Stop with this idiotic narrative like Dell somehow messed up the Cousins situation. He did not. Cousins is an infant who hurt himself simply to spite a team.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You shouldn't have to blow a player with one Achilles tendon that you already offered 8x the amount of money than he took elsewhere to get him to stay.

No player on the team wanted Cousins and we still outbid everyone else and he turned us down.

Stop with this idiotic narrative like Dell somehow messed up the Cousins situation. He did not. Cousins is an infant who hurt himself simply to spite a team.
    I think so too. Got greedy thinking he could make a lot more even with an injury. Prob gonna come back to bite him. I wish him luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

He messed up trading for Cousins in the first place. Buddy and the 10th pick would've been better for us going forward. We could've made the same trade the Kings ended up making with Portland for picks 15 and 20, and drafted OG Anunoby and Jarrett Allen. But hindsight is 20/20.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    He messed up trading for Cousins in the first place. Buddy and the 10th pick would've been better for us going forward. We could've made the same trade the Kings ended up making with Portland for picks 15 and 20, and drafted OG Anunoby and Jarrett Allen. But hindsight is 20/20.
    Buddy let them know it too

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Dell never showed Boogie that he wanted him here. Dell messed that up if you ask me.
    Absolutely not. Boogie really f'd us over, same with Rondo.

We offered him more money than anyone, and he took the easy route. Don't side with Cousins on this one.

Are you for real? OG and Jarrett Allen would have kept AD in NOLA instead of top 15 Cousins?

Breh talk about revisionist history

That was the right trade 100/100 times. You don't sneeze on a genuine superstar for a very good role player/budding star and some other good role players

You forget how good a core AD, Cousins, Jrue and Rondo was. Plus add Mirotic. If we ran that squad back at full strength another year we are top 4 no doubt
    Last edited by AusPel; 12-24-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Basketball Guru

i guess you are for real being that you want mello on this team smh...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Let’s get Ingram and Kuzma and another player from lakers and 4 first round draft picks. Is that possible? 4? I would consider a three team trade to get extra picks but I want to keep Ingram and develop him into a Paul George type of player. I’m sick of this BS with AD. We’re not winning and we are top heavy. We need to get young talent and more picks and rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If it's the week before the deadline, you're in 14th place in the West, and no one is biting on the contracts and 1st round pick you're throwing out there to improve the team... you have to consider trading AD. And it's going to be hard for Dell to pull a rabbit out of the hat for 2 reasons: Other GMs know he HAS to make a deal and the ownership isn't going to let Dell utilize anything other than this year's pick given uncertainty about the next year.

The reasons for waiting until this Summer are that you put the Celtics assets in play because they can't currently trade for AD without shipping out Kyrie, and I don't think Kyrie is who we have any interest in. The other reason for waiting is that you would know the draft order and know exactly which player you might be getting a chance to draft in return for AD.

But if you can still use the prospect of the Celtics entering the bidding this Summer as a means to leverage other teams at the deadline in a deal for AD. Essentially give us your best offers now before the Celtics get involved and can make a better offer. You also potentially pretty much guarantee the Pelicans own pick this Summer is going to be a decent lottery pick if you trade AD at the deadline, because if you're trading AD you might as well trade Julius and maybe Niko too because it doesn't make sense to pay them their market value this summer on a rebuilding team.

Ultimately, even if it makes sense, I don't think Dell gets the green light to trade AD this year unless AD and his agent make it clear they're not resigning. But it's a scenario that I can game out a lot of scenarios today where it makes more sense than I would have thought going into the season.

The Franchise
    I don’t think there is anyway Davis gets delt until at least this summer. I do think you could start setting yourself up for the summer though. Trade for players with time left on their contracts or restricted so you have choices.

Brooklyn - Russell for Randle
    76ers - Niko for Fultz
    Wizards - for Porter or Beal for picks and players

All deals that help and could be good building pieces.

Why are we only trading him to the Lakers? **** LeBron. I'm not giving him what he wants.

I'm waiting till the summer to trade him to Boston so I can get Jayson Tatum. Brandon Ingram is the most overrated player ever. And as much as I like Kuzma, I'd rather Tatum. He's more of a franchise changer.

The Pelicans have to wait until the summer to get Boston involved even if they don't ultimately trade him to Boston. The Celtics have a lot of assets, and will either trade for him or force other teams to trade more for him.

If you trade him, trade him to Philly or New York. Why are you guys so focused on Boston or LA?

Hell, I'll consider Chicago package
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yddjb6zh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post
    The Pelicans have to wait until the summer to get Boston involved even if they don't ultimately trade him to Boston. The Celtics have a lot of assets, and will either trade for him or force other teams to trade more for him.
    you don't have to wait until Summer to get Boston involved, you only have to wait until summer to actually trade him to Boston. The leverage of trading him to Boston can already be applied. I'm always dumbfounded when national/local writers don't really get this. It's very easy to say to Bulls or Lakers: Give us your best offer now. The price goes up this Summer when Boston can enter the fray.

Basketball Guru
    trade with LA next season and this could be our team in 2019-20..

payton......ball.......
    jrue..........hart.......jackson
    ingram......moore....miller
    kuzma.......maybe niko
    randall.......

add some more players around them and that team has depth,,have young players that could turn into superstars and its a playoff team.....the team will be fun to watch and sell tickets...

i dont believe lebron and AD will field a super team because it seem like superstars are not trying to help him win another title and to me lebron and the media know this and is desperate and bringing up all this AD trade talk now .....

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    If you trade him, trade him to Philly or New York. Why are you guys so focused on Boston or LA?

Hell, I'll consider Chicago package
    What do those teams have to offer that are equal of value to AD? Philly isn’t trading Embiid, Simmons, or Butler. NY isn’t trading Porzingis, and Chicago is a lost cause in my opinion.

Boston or LA have the best trade chips, with Boston having Tatum who you can easily build around.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    What do those teams have to offer that are equal of value to AD? Philly isn’t trading Embiid, Simmons, or Butler. NY isn’t trading Porzingis, and Chicago is a lost cause in my opinion.

Boston or LA have the best trade chips, with Boston having Tatum who you can easily build around.
    I agree just wondering if they would trade Tatum. I just need one good player preferably with potential and some picks.

AD to the Knicks for their unprotected lottery pick, Hardaway, and Porzingis. How could either organization say no to that?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9mlu6re

And while you're at it, I'd trade Randle and Solo to Blazers for Simmons and Turner. Anfernee Simmons is a young prospect that might have gone much higher in the draft had he gone to college. Turner is a great vet add for a rebuilding team about to get younger and one of Jrue's good friends. Mostly I have no use for the extra wins Randle would give us this season or the contract Randle will want next season,

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8llr9ay

I'm undecided about what to do with Niko, but I'm tempted to keep him. I'd also love to see if Dallas is ready to give up on pairing Dennis Smith Jr with Luka. Moore and Niko for Matthews and DSJ would work for me. .

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7r89392

DSJ/Payton/Frank
    Jrue/Wes/Simmons
    Hardaway/Turner
    Porzingis/Diallo
    Okafor

...and 2 lottery picks next year with fingers crossed that you can luck into Zion. If not you draft one of the wings with one pick, and trade the other for a good young front court player.

If Porzingis picks up where he left off, that team might be better off than this one currently is. We have wing depth for the first time!
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 12-24-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

Simmons, Porzingis, and Butler would all be made available if the team trading them got a commitment from AD that he would sign an extension. Don't sell AD short. Greek Freak, Curry, and Embiid are probably the only players that wouldn't be traded for AD.

I'm guessing no one likes the AD for Greek Freak and the 1st overall pick (Zion) in a 3 team trade?

Imagine Zion and G.A. on the same team. maybe throw in a shooter for the Pels as well. That would be saved franchise.

Edit: Meaning it's damn near impossible considering the Cavs are purposely tanking to get Zion.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 12-24-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    I'm guessing no one likes the AD for Greek Freak and the 1st overall pick (Zion) in a 3 team trade?

Imagine Zion and G.A. on the same team. maybe throw in a shooter for the Pels as well. That would be saved franchise.

Edit: Meaning it's damn near impossible considering the Cavs are purposely tanking to get Zion.
    They like it. But they, unlike you, live in reality
    @mcnamara247

Thread Information