Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Trade AD

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I'd have to wait and see Porzingis back in action before trading for him. You don't expect there to be any long term effects, but you never know.
    In order to get Porzingis AND the pick, I think you have to be willing to assume the risk that a) Porzingis isn't all the way back and b) the Knick's pick isn't top 5. I don't think the Knicks trade you Porzingis and the pick if there is favorable certainty around both. I think that works for every team. If a team lands a top 2 pick, the quality of the other assets they feel they have to attach to the pick are probably going to be less. You're not getting Zion or RJ AND a Porzgingis or Tatem from a team. At least I don't think. Certainty around where lottery picks offered for AD land work both ways in terms of value.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Porzingis and the 12th pick (bird in hand) are worth more than the lottery odds of Chicago getting the 1 pick, Carter, and Dunn (whatever is in the bush).

Have y’all forgotten how good Porzingis is???
    Porzingas is not good enough to be THE asset you recieve in return for a player like AD..

And, if you wait until after the lottery, there is no lottery odds, you know exactly which pick you are getting...

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I’m on record saying that Holiday is overrated by many. I think he is the epitome of mediocre.
    FOH with this Jrue is mediocre ********

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    FOH with this Jrue is mediocre ********
    He is only elite round these parts.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I’m on record saying that Holiday is overrated by many. I think he is the epitome of mediocre.
    Epitome of mediocre?

Jrue would be the 3rd or 4th best player on a contender and we’re trying to build a team around him. He’s a good piece to have but not imperative. They literally had no one else to put on the all-star team the year he made it. Rondo was much more valuable to this team than Holiday is IMO. I remember when Ryan Anderson was untradable. We overvalue players around here. Demps too imo.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I don't think you have to trade Jrue, but you also shouldn't refuse to listen to offers. He'd be great paired with Kemba. In a dream world, we would have the assets to get Kemba out of Charlotte to pair with AD and Jrue, but in the real world (where AD is leaving), I could see sending Jrue to the Hornets for Monk, Bridges, and Biyombo.

I want the next iteration of the Pels to be young and deep.

Regardless of whether Dell is in our future or not, we must act now to position ourselves to be able to make the best possible decision going forward. The first step should be to get rid of Hills contract. While also, trying to get AD some immediate help which may or not entice him to sign supermax. Offer our first and second round picks along with Hill, Wes, and Diallo, combined 20 mil, to the Bulls to acquire Kris Dunn, 4.2 mil, (or any of their other 3 PGs, Arcidiacono, 1.4 mil, Payne, 3.3 mil, or Harrison, 1.4 mil, all are RFAs going forward), Lopez, 14.2mil, and Holiday 4.2 mil, both expiring, but we would have their bird rights, so we can keep if we want. Both for less than 9 mil in all likelihood, Robin’s bro makes 3.4 mil now with Bucks. This frees up between 6 and 8 mil we can use to sign Nico and JR. If we get healthy and turn it around AD may sign. If not, we ship off to Boston with his 27mil salary for:

A- Rozier, 3 mil now, RFA estimate 5 mil
    Smart, 12.5 mil
    Brown, 6.5 mil
    Williams, 2 mil
    3 first round picks, no less than 2

or

B- Rozier, 3 mil now, RFA estimate 5 mil
    Tatum, 7.8 mil
    Brown, 6.5 mil
    Williams, 2 mil
    1 first round pick, or a couple second round picks

Assuming Boston goes with (A) because Tatum is off the table that makes us look like this:
    1s Rozier, Payton, Smart
    2s Jackson
    1-2s Jrue
    2-3s Justin, Moore, Miller, Brown
    3s K Williams
    4s Nico
    4-5s JR, R Williams
    5s Lopez, Okafor
    Plus a min. of 3 firsts to play with next year.
    Note: guard from BULLS would take roster spot from either K Will or Miiller
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 12-28-2018 at 05:14 PM.

The Franchise
    I agree we should make a deal to upgrade team this year if we want to keep AD long term. I just don’t think Chicago is the team to give a first to. You need a star to keep him not bench players. I mean you really need both but only a star will keep him here. I’m on the Beal train. Give them Randle, Hill, and Johnson and a couple firsts for Beal and Morris. I then try and get Russell from Brooklyn for hopefully Moore. Then Get Hood for a second, Diallo, and Clark.

Payton, Russell
    Jrue, Jackson
    Beal, Hood
    Davis, Morris
    Niko Okafor

Looks like a pretty potent team plus everyone but Jrue, Beal, and Davis come off the books if we want. If Davis leaves resign Russell and Niko with restricted rights and bird rights along with whatever you get from trade.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I agree we should make a deal to upgrade team this year if we want to keep AD long term. I just don’t think Chicago is the team to give a first to. You need a star to keep him not bench players. I mean you really need both but only a star will keep him here. I’m on the Beal train. Give them Randle, Hill, and Johnson and a couple firsts for Beal and Morris. I then try and get Russell from Brooklyn for hopefully Moore. Then Get Hood for a second, Diallo, and Clark.

Payton, Russell
    Jrue, Jackson
    Beal, Hood
    Davis, Morris
    Niko Okafor

Looks like a pretty potent team plus everyone but Jrue, Beal, and Davis come off the books if we want. If Davis leaves resign Russell and Niko with restricted rights and bird rights along with whatever you get from trade.
    2 things, Nico is no 5 and AD don;t want to be. Randle came because of AD. AD won't like the move

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post

Payton, Russell
    Jrue, Jackson
    Beal, Hood
    Davis, Morris
    Niko Okafor

Let’s throw in Lebron for Frazier while we’re at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Let’s throw in Lebron for Frazier while we’re at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you think it’s possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    if AD sign the supermax, how much will he be making?..45-47 a year?....how realistically can we build a contender around him at that price and if players dont want to come here?...plus our org. dont look like its going to go into the lux tax for a high price team...we made it past the second round last season and may do it again this season.....

if that is the ceiling for us then its time to let him go for a group of young players that can turn into stars and trade assets to get better....

im on record for ball,,kuzma,,ingram and hart plus what we can get from a third or fourth team involved....
    If AD is 100% going... how about this 3 team trade?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydejy2rl

NO get Vucevic + Ingram + Lonzo + LA 2019 pick.
    LA get AD
    Orlando get KCP + Zubac + LA 2021 pick.

Starting 5:
    PG: Lonzo / Payton / Jackson
    SG: Jrue / Moore
    SF: Ingram / Hill / Kenrich
    PF: Randle / Mirotic / Diallo
    Ce: Vucevic / Brook Lopez / Okafor

Quote Originally Posted by LAL1947 View Post

LA get AD

Starting 5:
    sounds like a typical laker fan you'll take what you can get and give us what we want trade

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

LA get AD

Starting 5:
    Please leave this forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

LA get AD

Starting 5:
    HTF do the Pelicans get B. Lopez?

LA get AD

Starting 5:
    Smart money says see post #108 this thread. AD to LA, less than 25% chance in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    HTF do the Pelicans get B. Lopez?
    The non-taxpayer MLE? I think it's 8.6m for 2019-20 and can be split among contracts. I just threw B. Lopez' name in there to round out the roster but it could be anyone you preferred.

The non-taxpayer MLE? I think it's 8.6m for 2019-20 and can be split among contracts. I just threw B. Lopez' name in there to round out the roster but it could be anyone you preferred.
    I would prefer this: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	6373

and LA can keep their pick to boot.

While I remain hopeful, I see the writing on the wall and that is AD will most likely be traded. Now, this is was I take as the core package from each team (There would need to be salary filler)
    BOS: Tatum+one of Hayward or Horford+picks
    CHI: Wendell Carter+2019 pick (if it’s #1)
    LAL: Ingram AND Kuzma, one of Ball or Hart+2019 pick
    NYK: Porzingis+2019 pick (if it’s top 5)
    PHI: Simmons+2020 Miami pick

My preference
    1. PHI
    2. BOS
    3. NYK
    4. CHI
    5. LAL

Most likely, I think we ship AD to Boston. Ainge has been picks and young talent for years, waiting to make a splash move. I think AD is that move. Also, Dell has bargaining power since it looks like AD would go to LAL in FA. I’d also love Simmons, him and Jrue would be a force to be reckoned with.
    Welcome to be here

Thread Information