Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trade AD

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Trade AD

Can we trade AD to Chicago? Would you do it?

Trade at AD to Chicago right before the deadline so they can keep losing at about .300 rate and very likely miss playoffs.

Get: 2019 1st and 2nd unprotected. Receive 2021 1st unprotected. Justin Holiday, Kris Dunn, Markkanen, and Lopez.

Have PELS tank and hopefully get Bulls lotto pick and their own lotto pick from tanking. Get lucky in draft. Possibly resign Justin Holiday. Rebuild.

OR

Maybe trading to LAKERS is the best option. Brandon Ingram is a potential superstar. Do we have the most leverage now?

Trading with Boston might be the best plan. But I wonder if Ingram’s potential is higher than any other player we can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but I have no desire to have any of those players from the Lakers they'd be the equivalent of Gordon aminu and kaman

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Sorry but I have no desire to have any of those players from the Lakers they'd be the equivalent of Gordon aminu and kaman

Ingram is a potential superstar

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Ingram is a potential superstar

so we're trading away ad for one guy essentially? again not worth it

Trading away AD now would reactionary and idiotic for a host of reasons, not the least of which is that it eliminates our wealthiest bidder in the Celtics.

You wait until he turns down the supermax before you do anything.. If/when he turns it down you open negotiations and get back a kings ransom, then ride off into the sunset while we become a deeper team and whoever you just shipped him off to becomes top heavy (like us right now) and hes in the same predicamite hes in now where he cant recruit anyone to play with him, and the team has no viable way to add anyone around him.

How about do nothing...clean house at the end of the season and bring in John Calipari. Have him convince AD to sign Super Max then get players to play HERE for a discount.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I feel house will be cleansed and a new regime will be hired. AD will then have the chance to decide if he wants to stay. This year is a wash, and I’m afraid Demps is going to ruin the next GMs draft by trading his pick.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    How about do nothing...clean house at the end of the season and bring in John Calipari. Have him convince AD to sign Super Max then get players to play HERE for a discount.
    The problem with going that route is our superstar cant recruit anyone to play with him.. He brought in Randle, but he couldnt convince Boogie to stay for 35 million more than he was offered, Rondo left over 400k...

I'm ready for this to happen. Having dinner with lebron? He's not our guy anymore. The only thing that frustrates me is how Lebron and his crew are circling him like sharks. Fire demps, and gentry and everyone else responsible for this mess also.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    The problem with going that route is our superstar cant recruit anyone to play with him.. He brought in Randle, but he couldnt convince Boogie to stay for 35 million more than he was offered, Rondo left over 400k...
    They'd play for Calipari. They all would.

AD wants to be a legend here like Westbrook in OKC. It’s not like Davis is bff with Lebron like Wade, Melo, and Paul are. The only players AD is tight with like that are other Kentucky/Calipari alum.

Pelicans won’t be a good team for at least 5 years if AD is traded. Pelicans franchise value plunders significantly if he leaves. I don’t see the team’s chief executive FO allowing it to happen. Demps is fired as soon as he starts to think about entertaining trade offers for the league’s best player who never even wanted to leave N.O. Make Calipari GM and HC as soon as the idea even pops in Demps’ mind. Possible Kentucky recruits can now go straight to the NBA in the next year and a half so that should help landing Calipari.

I don’t think there’s any proposed player in return that can win games on their own without a few more guys paired with them. We’re hoping Kuzma, Ingram, or Tatum become stars and don’t regress. They can pile up stats, but they can’t take over games

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Wait till the summer and trade him to Boston. Get Jayson Tatum and push for nothing less.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I really think you could get Porzingis and their lottery pick from the Knicks. That's the deal I'd want to do.

Antetokounmpo and 1st overall pick (to use on Zion).

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyinthe504 View Post
    I'm ready for this to happen. Having dinner with lebron? He's not our guy anymore. The only thing that frustrates me is how Lebron and his crew are circling him like sharks. Fire demps, and gentry and everyone else responsible for this mess also.
    So, do you honestly think this is the first time he has had dinner with Lebron? What about all the players who have dinner with him after other games? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Trading away AD now would reactionary and idiotic for a host of reasons, not the least of which is that it eliminates our wealthiest bidder in the Celtics.
    Players are tired of the distraction

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post

This is going to get bad real quick...and AD doesn't deserve the fans wrath. He has played with a crappy hand for years with no help from the dealer. Lebron is the one who should get ripped. Fire Demps. Do not let him make another trade - PERIOD. Let Gentry play out the season and make a run at Calipari. Then at the end of the day, Gayle can say we made a good faith effort in making a better team around him. And certainly, don't trade him to the Lakers OR Celtics. Then maybe the fan base will remain loyal. Right now, I have a feeling that game on the 28th is going to be real bad.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

So are the fans.

Instead of teammates saying they wanna help AD win by any means necessary, Pelicans players are saying AD should leave them? What kind of teammates would push an elite player away from their own team. That’s the most bizarre thing I’ve ever heard. It doesn’t even make sense and has to be more media fabrication. So now bigger sports media will start running with Anthony Davis is not wanted by his teammates to further the trade speculation drama more

If the locker room is really trying to push AD out the door, then management HAS to step in clear the mess up with a statement addressing the situation as well as improve the team with a trade asap by New Years. There’s no way players could even focus on winning going forward if the best player is being told to get out of here by his own players. They’re practically giving up on playing with him. Only other key players would even relay a message telling AD to leave. No one that barely gets minutes would put their jobs in jeopardy. it makes me think it would have been Moore, Holiday, or Randle since he’s about to hit free agency soon himself. If that’s the case, players that’s trying to divide the locker room and outright push AD out the door would be the first I’d try to move first now to not make mumblings linger
    Last edited by SonOfNOLA; 12-23-2018 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Instead of teammates saying they wanna help AD win by any means necessary, Pelicans players are saying AD should leave them? What kind of teammates would push an elite player away from their own team. That’s the most bizarre thing I’ve ever heard. It doesn’t even make sense and has to be more media fabrication. So now bigger sports media will start running with Anthony Davis is not wanted by his teammates to further the trade speculation drama more

If the locker room is really trying to push AD out the door, then management HAS to step in clear the mess up with a statement addressing the situation as well as improve the team with a trade asap by New Years. There’s no way players could even focus on winning going forward if the best player is being told to get out of here by his own players. They’re practically giving up on playing with him. Only other key players would even relay a message telling AD to leave. No one that barely gets minutes would put their jobs in jeopardy. it makes me think it would have been Moore, Holiday, or Randle since he’s about to hit free agency soon himself. If that’s the case, players that’s trying to divide the locker room and outright push AD out the door would be the first I’d try to move first now to not make mumblings linger
    It makes sense why Cousins did not sign that contract now.

It makes sense why Cousins did not sign that contract now.
    Dell never showed Boogie that he wanted him here. Dell messed that up if you ask me.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Dell never showed Boogie that he wanted him here. Dell messed that up if you ask me.
    $20 million a year on a busted Achilles? And even if we did keep Cousins...not like he'd be able to help us right now. We'd be in the same hole. Just now people would assume that if we lose AD, we can keep a possibly hobbled Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    $20 million a year on a busted Achilles? And even if we did keep Cousins...not like he'd be able to help us right now. We'd be in the same hole. Just now people would assume that if we lose AD, we can keep a possibly hobbled Cousins.
    Agree but the way Dell spoke about Boogie led me to believe that the ride was over.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    That is simply untrue

Thread Information