Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is your baseline for any AD trade?

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i can get with that but take out diallo lol....give me another big and another SF and that team is 11 or 12 deep...
    A team like that Diallo would only see minutes in injury or blowouts. He would be a good 4th big on a min deal that still has a chance to develop. Your last 4 spots could be used on young development type players, with 1 or 2 bets for injury (like Frazier)

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    You cut Niko, Randle and or restructure Holiday .
    Huh?

We should trade Davis and we should do it now. We won't but we should. If we can't consistently field a playoff team yet alone a true contender on Davis' current deal it's going to be impossible on a supermax. Great player, but I'm not sure his impact is on a James, Curry, Leonard, Durant, Antetokounmpo, Harden level were he can eat up that % of the cap and still have a great team. He's still improving (scary enough is that is) so he may get there still, but as of now I just don't see anyway we are better as far as team success keeping Davis for 40-45million per season.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    You cut Niko, Randle and or restructure Holiday .

https://t.co/0sWMSlZfRa?ssr=true

I’m taking the Boston side. Tatum gonna be a stud Rozier was a beast when Kylie went down. Plus gets AD out of the West

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    We should trade Davis and we should do it now. We won't but we should. If we can't consistently field a playoff team yet alone a true contender on Davis' current deal it's going to be impossible on a supermax. Great player, but I'm not sure his impact is on a James, Curry, Leonard, Durant, Antetokounmpo, Harden level were he can eat up that % of the cap and still have a great team. He's still improving (scary enough is that is) so he may get there still, but as of now I just don't see anyway we are better as far as team success keeping Davis for 40-45million per season.
    So you would trade him while the team with the best possible assets is not available to even bid on him?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So you would trade him while the team with the best possible assets is not available to even bid on him?
    Well trading him now opens up the amount of teams that would be willing to trade for him. Sure trading him now takes Boston out of contention, but honestly there assets are overrated. Outside of Tatum and the picks Boston offer isn't that attractive.

Well trading him now opens up the amount of teams that would be willing to trade for him. Sure trading him now takes Boston out of contention, but honestly there assets are overrated. Outside of Tatum and the picks Boston offer isn't that attractive.
    Outside of Tatum and the picks? Who has a better prospect and picks to offer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    I'd want Tatum and fillers along with all of their picks this year. I probably trade most of them away but that's my starting point this summer if he wants out. Until he says he wants out I'm going to try and put as much talent around him as possible.

I don't want us to trade AD but in my head he's gone before his contract runs out. I just don't think Dell will be able to put a team around him that will contend. So if I had my choice of packages for AD:

LAL: Ball, Kouz, Ingram and Josh hart. Throw in a few picks too.
    BOS: Tatum, Brown, Rozier and some picks. Might need to throw in Horford for the salaries to match.

Not sure who else would have ammo to pull a deal off but whoever we trade him to will have to give up the goods for him.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I don't want us to trade AD but in my head he's gone before his contract runs out. I just don't think Dell will be able to put a team around him that will contend. So if I had my choice of packages for AD:

LAL: Ball, Kouz, Ingram and Josh hart. Throw in a few picks too.
    BOS: Tatum, Brown, Rozier and some picks. Might need to throw in Horford for the salaries to match.

Not sure who else would have ammo to pull a deal off but whoever we trade him to will have to give up the goods for him.
    If Davis wants out we have until the trade deadline next year so I'm not worried about him leaving for nothing. If he doesn't sign the super max then I start getting the ball in motion to move him, its as simple as that.

As for Laker, I don't want anything to do with Ball mostly because of the circus his father brings with him. As a player he's ok but not worth the extra stuff we'll get. Kouz is the only one I really want and to me he is a solid 6th man.

Boston is the most likely team I'd trade with because of their talent and picks (right now 12, 13, 20, 23). Problem is I want high picks and they will have middle to late picks. That's still better than what we'd get from any of the following years since the team we'd trade AD to would be picking around 28-30.

Build around Jrue and whomever we trade for by the deadline. Lets say we trade 2 first for Beal, If AD leaves this summer we'd probably still pick no later than 12 (which would be gone from trade) but now we are building off of Jrue and Beal, and whatever AD nets us which should have one good player (possibly Tatum which would be a must for me) and a bunch of picks and cash. Brown would be nice too but I don't want Smart so a 3rd Team would have to get involved to take other players.

Think we'd be ok with Jrue, Beal, Tatum, Randle, and Mirotic with Brown and Elfrid off the bench as the baseline to start with.

Windhorst discusses AD to LA

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Boston Receives AD & Solomon Hill
    PHX Receives Nico & Etwaun
    N.O. Receives Kyrie, Tatum, Morris, TJ Warren & Josh Jackson !
    I think like you. If Bos or the Lakers want our foundational piece, we should get 1 of theirs. AD for Rozier, Brown, Smart etc isn’t enough. I need Kuzma from the Lakers, or Kyrie if he re-signs from bos.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaJoseph View Post
    Outside of Tatum and the picks? Who has a better prospect and picks to offer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Sacramento can offer Fox and Bagley, Suns Booker and Ayton, Bulls Markkenan, Carter, and picks just to name a few teams off the top of my head. The sooner we would hypothetically trade Davis the more teams that can be involved.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Sacramento can offer Fox and Bagley, Suns Booker and Ayton, Bulls Markkenan, Carter, and picks just to name a few teams off the top of my head. The sooner we would hypothetically trade Davis the more teams that can be involved.
    The Bulls have always seemed like a real possibility because they would gamble it would be hard for him to leave home after they go all in to get him. Markkenan/Carter and a top draft pick to grab Zion or RJ would be a good haul.

Likewise, I could see the Knicks betting that AD would be a draw to attract a KD and being willing to offer Porzingas and a pick. If Porzingas is healthy and AD doesn’t want to be here, that’s about as much as you could ever hope to get. Porzingas and Bol Bol is a nice hypothetical combo to replace AD with.

Realistically the teams I can see involved with serious offers would be Knicks, Boston, LAC, LAL, Chicago and Philly...

They will all be bidding against each other, so we will end up with either 3 good young players and picks, or 2 good players with a HIGH (top 3-5) pick...

Or we will sign AD to the supermax and all this will be moot
    Last edited by soggymoss; 12-21-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    If we trade AD I would send him to Boston or Philly. Keep him out of the west.

I would ask for Tatum and Kyrie and two first round picks. Boston wants AD that bad. I think Demps needs to take as much away he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    If we trade AD I would send him to Boston or Philly. Keep him out of the west.

I would ask for Tatum and Kyrie and two first round picks. Boston wants AD that bad. I think Demps needs to take as much away he can.

They wont give up Kyrie, Ainge believes AD and Kyrie together is championship material.. Anyone else would be on the table though, so I'd take Tatum and Rozier and Brlwn if they would give him.

I have a question to you all: what would you REALLY do if you were in AD position?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I have a question to you all: what would you REALLY do if you were in AD position?
    Try to ride the storm. Hope Demps makes a big move. Get in playoffs. If we miss playoffs evaluate the season honestly. Sign supermax and remember GSW and Lebron are aging and pels are young and eventually we will beat them

Basketball Guru

if i really like playing in new orleans then i would demand that we get a legit 5 to play that position and get a coach who can run his offense with me at my position and not trying to play me at the 5.......try to recruit players to come here.....every year hold the gm feet to the fire so he can keep the team competitive...then if i could not win in my 3rd year into the contract and seem like its not in the cards here,,,well in my 4th year ask for a trade......

now if i feel like i gave it all and i want to move on then ill inform the team that im not going to sign the max and think its time for me to move on....i would not give the team a team list that i want to go to because the team has been good to me and i owe them that loyalty to get the best deal they can get...and wish new orleans and the fans the best in a open letter....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    [QUOTE=PolishFan;1473599]I have a question to you all: what would you REALLY do if you were in AD position?[/QUOTE

The entire kerfuffle is MEDIA BLOWN.
    1) If AD is the best player in the world, as he says- WHY would he want to got to L.A. & WIN a championship because of LeBron? Which they would NOT! The rest of the roster would be pretty bad.
    2) How would AD, LeBron, 3 Mid-levels & 10 Minimum contracts be any better than whats on Pels roster?
    3) AD would actually be going to L.A. to rebuild the team post LeBron. If he cant win with Pels, how is that Scenario better?
    4) As far as MARKETING, if AD wins here, the marketing will take care of itself & HONESTLY, what difference should that make if AD is in it to win it, & not for the Money? Media says he wants to go to L.A. to win, YET, in their next segment, its about marketing ! Circular conversation!
    5)Also, NOT ONLY can the Pelicans offer AD 70 Million more than anyone else---If AD moves to L.A., he is also OUT OF another $750,000 for every $10,000,000 he makes. So on $40,000,000 per year, he loses an extra $3,000,000 to California State Income Tax. 6% in La. 13.5% in California.
    Why is AD the only supposed superstar that needs to go somewhere else to win?

Take the largest contact in NBA history, stay as the leader of my own team, while also staying loyal to the team that drafted me which adds a lot of weight to any achievements I may get in future. Everybody knows that, say, Dirk's championship is worth more than both of KDs put together, and that's partially cause Dirk led his team all the way there as their number one guy for his whole career. I would want that path, rather than the easy rings on a superteam
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    [QUOTE=Tinman;1473602]
    I have a question to you all: what would you REALLY do if you were in AD position?[/QUOTE

The entire kerfuffle is MEDIA BLOWN.
    1) If AD is the best player in the world, as he says- WHY would he want to got to L.A. & WIN a championship because of LeBron? Which they would NOT! The rest of the roster would be pretty bad.
    2) How would AD, LeBron, 3 Mid-levels & 10 Minimum contracts be any better than whats on Pels roster?
    3) AD would actually be going to L.A. to rebuild the team post LeBron. If he cant win with Pels, how is that Scenario better?
    4) As far as MARKETING, if AD wins here, the marketing will take care of itself & HONESTLY, what difference should that make if AD is in it to win it, & not for the Money? Media says he wants to go to L.A. to win, YET, in their next segment, its about marketing ! Circular conversation!
    5)Also, NOT ONLY can the Pelicans offer AD 70 Million more than anyone else---If AD moves to L.A., he is also OUT OF another $750,000 for every $10,000,000 he makes. So on $40,000,000 per year, he loses an extra $3,000,000 to California State Income Tax. 6% in La. 13.5% in California.
    Why is AD the only supposed superstar that needs to go somewhere else to win?

this is what im about also....if he want to go to LA then let him go and we take all of their young talent after all of the top stars sign with other teams....let him and lebron try to build a super team with lower level players....i think the top stars are tired of lebron and dont want to help him win but want to beat him now because beating him make their resume stronger......

I understand if Davis wants to go somewhere else. It's his life and his career and his legacy. Some guys, like Duncan, decide they can compete in a small market. But that model may be out of date in the super-team era.

From the team's perspective, of course you want Davis to stay. But you have to at least ask the question how the model works if Davis signs the super-max extension but the team can't or won't go into the luxury tax. You need clarity on that to properly judge if you can build around Davis + Jrue, and I'm sure Davis wants assurances about that as well.

I know getting a player like Davis on the team is considered the hardest step toward building a contender. But the rise of the super team culture among star players + financial limitations in this market may mean you have to consider an alternate approach and test the conventional wisdom of whether you can build a contending team without a super-max player.

Thread Information