Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is your baseline for any AD trade?

The fact that some players like Giannis are talking starting in dream team. Perhaps we do the same for Davis. Start with John Wall. Bring Cousins back.
    Yes I know this has backfired on teams like Houston but I think it is worth the risk. If done right can keep Davis here long term.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    The fact that some players like Giannis are talking starting in dream team. Perhaps we do the same for Davis. Start with John Wall. Bring Cousins back.
    Yes I know this has backfired on teams like Houston but I think it is worth the risk. If done right can keep Davis here long term.
    You think we can get Cousins for vet min. like we pay Clark? Because with Jrue, Wall and AD we are hard capped and that's all we can pay. Same thing dozens have tried to tell you before. WOW!
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 12-19-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    You think we can get Cousins for vet min. like we pay Clark? Because with Jrue, Wall and AD we are hard capped and that's all be can pay. Same thing dozens have tried to tell you before. WOW!
    And if, hypothetically, Cousins comes back for Golden State and then plays poorly enough to be willing to accept a vet min, why would we want him?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You're forgetting that it's also in an agent's best interests to get their client as much money as possible. AD can get $70 million more by staying here on the supermax than any other team can give him. There's a reason nobody has ever turned down a supermax before, and it's not because they're ignoring their agents.
    To be fair Kwahi asked to be traded rather than accept a supermax offer of San Antonio. So yes, technically no player has turned it down, but if there was any player I could see doing it, it'd be AD.

Also, AD doesn't need to play games to get the supermax. If he got injured today and didn't play another game this season he'd still get offered the supermax. His agent doesn't need to do anything extra to try to force the Pels hands. AD is the 2nd best known athlete in the city behind Drew Brees.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    To be fair Kwahi asked to be traded rather than accept a supermax offer of San Antonio. So yes, technically no player has turned it down, but if there was any player I could see doing it, it'd be AD.

Also, AD doesn't need to play games to get the supermax. If he got injured today and didn't play another game this season he'd still get offered the supermax. His agent doesn't need to do anything extra to try to force the Pels hands. AD is the 2nd best known athlete in the city behind Drew Brees.
    Yeah, I'm not saying that AD needs to play to get offered the supermax, I'm just saying that agents are interested in increasing their player's bank accounts just as much as their HoF resume, if not more so, so saying that his agent will push him to LA to win isn't necessarily true. He might, that's true, but it's no guarantee.

You're right about Kawhi though, I forgot about him. Guess that happens when you refuse to play for a year, people start not realising what's going on in your career.

Basketball Guru
    You're forgetting that it's also in an agent's best interests to get their client as much money as possible. AD can get $70 million more by staying here on the supermax than any other team can give him. There's a reason nobody has ever turned down a supermax before, and it's not because they're ignoring their agents.

if its all about the money, you are 100% right...

AD is young..we have heard him say he want to win MVP,,get past the second round in the playoffs and win a title.....signing with rich paul also mean that his agent will put him in position to make money on the side to make up for not signing a super max......being in a big market means playing on national TV and for major parts of the schedule and not on NBATV......in todays NBA we dont have superstars wanting to come here because its about the big markets and teaming up in them.....

to me it dont make sense for lebron people to have AD get chances to knock lebron out of the playoffs b4 lebron retire...we all know lebron winning a title in LA will build on his legacy so to me it dont make sense having your label mate taking you out if you can talk them into joining you with a chance to win together....

if its all about the super max then so be it but if he wants to leave then we get the best we can for him and the pels move on and im good with that....

Something else Rich may pit in AD's ear is if he does accept the supermax that pretty much locks him in here for the next 6 years as it would be hard for anybody to trade for him at 45+ salary.

Yeah, I'm not saying that AD needs to play to get offered the supermax, I'm just saying that agents are interested in increasing their player's bank accounts just as much as their HoF resume, if not more so, so saying that his agent will push him to LA to win isn't necessarily true. He might, that's true, but it's no guarantee.

You're right about Kawhi though, I forgot about him. Guess that happens when you refuse to play for a year, people start not realising what's going on in your career.
    To be very clear: If AD didn't approve of what Paul is doing, Paul wouldn't be doing it. AD would shut it down. AD didn't just sign Paul to help him get a supermax, that is already locked up no matter what agent AD has. AD signed him because he wants absolutely every option he could possibly get this summer.

The supermax option was always there. Paul is here specifically for all the other ones. That's not to say AD 100% is gone, but I do believe it's wide open to happening. But there are other options too. He can always sign the supermax and force his way out in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Something else Rich may pit in AD's ear is if he does accept the supermax that pretty much locks him in here for the next 6 years as it would be hard for anybody to trade for him at 45+ salary.
    Tell that to Blake Griffin. AD will be tradeable no matter what contract he is on.

To be very clear: If AD didn't approve of what Paul is doing, Paul wouldn't be doing it. AD would shut it down. AD didn't just sign Paul to help him get a supermax, that is already locked up no matter what agent AD has. AD signed him because he wants absolutely every option he could possibly get this summer.

The supermax option was always there. Paul is here specifically for all the other ones. That's not to say AD 100% is gone, but I do believe it's wide open to happening. But there are other options too. He can always sign the supermax and force his way out in a year or two.
    I'm not saying AD is a lock to stay. I personally think he will, but you're right, he could easily leave in a few years even if he did sign the supermax, and he definitely wants as many options as possible. Nowhere have I denied that. My point was entirely that the ''resume-first'' view of AD's next option doesn't really check out with any reliability.

Tell that to Blake Griffin. AD will be tradeable no matter what contract he is on.
    Oh I'm not saying he won't be tradeable, just that itll be harder to trade for him. If he signs the supermax then in 2 years requests a trade we would have to take back a couple bad contracts, which would drive the price up even higher for whatever team is trading for him.

In 2 years we would end up with a haul of Hayward, Brown, Tatum, Rozier just to be able to match salaries, and that would cripple any team trading for him...

We would pretty much hold all the cards for the next 6 years if he signs, and that could put all the leverage in our court.

Also Griffins salary last year was 29 million, that's peanuts to be able to match compared to a supermax.
    Last edited by soggymoss; 12-19-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    AD trade chatter is stupid. Waste of time. Not happening. All of those who hope he goes to LA are going to be let down. I hope we crush the lakers now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think we can get Cousins for vet min. like we pay Clark? Because with Jrue, Wall and AD we are hard capped and that's all we can pay. Same thing dozens have tried to tell you before. WOW!
    You cut Niko, Randle and or restructure Holiday .

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    AD trade chatter is stupid. Waste of time. Not happening. All of those who hope he goes to LA are going to be let down. I hope we crush the lakers now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to agree here. I think the object is to bring the stars around him here. To do it you will have to move players you like that are here now.

Are you brain-dead? There would no Nico or JR. RESTRUCTURE? THAT'S FUNNY!!! GOODBYE!

Trade Idea 2
    My first choice is post #22 this thread. But we can still have the chance to keep Nico, JR and our picks. Wes and Hill even swap for JR SMITH

There is no restructure in the NBA.

Theres no restructures in the NBA, this isnt the NFL.

If you bring in Wall there is no feasible way to clear cap space unless you move Jrue or AD. Even if you dont bring in Wall, move Hill and Moore, and renounce ALL cap holds, we still barely end up with enough for a max slot, so now you have a big 3 with less depth than we have now...

Please, for Christ's sake, learn the salary cap and quit with these stupid thoughts.

Basketball Guru
    if the lakers dont get KD,,kawhi,,kemba or any other good star who is coming out then let AD go to the lakers and we take 4 of their young players and let lebron try to build his super team from the rest of players thats available on the market....

we resign some players and sign a rim protector and i can get with this 12 man rotation summer of 2019...now this lineup is base on somehow we found a way to have niko and randall on the team next season...

payton ball
    jrue hart jackson
    ingram moore miller
    kuzma niko
    randall

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    if the lakers dont get KD,,kawhi,,kemba or any other good star who is coming out then let AD go to the lakers and we take 4 of their young players and let lebron try to build his super team from the rest of players thats available on the market....

we resign some players and sign a rim protector and i can get with this 12 man rotation summer of 2019...now this lineup is base on somehow we found a way to have niko and randall on the team next season...

payton ball
    jrue hart jackson
    ingram moore miller
    kuzma niko
    randall
    Could probably sign the Lopez twins

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post

payton ball
    jrue hart jackson
    ingram moore miller
    kuzma niko
    randall
    That would possibly be the deepest team in the NBA.

We could also achieve similar results with Boston

Rozier/Payton
    Jrue/Moore/Jackson
    Tatum/Miller
    Niko/Randle
    Baynes/Diallo

Are you brain-dead? There would no Nico or JR. RESTRUCTURE? THAT'S FUNNY!!! GOODBYE!
    Fine trade him for John Wall. Otherwise you are accepting mediocrity. Injuries not excuse. Denver winning without 6 players.

Fine trade him for John Wall. Otherwise you are accepting mediocrity. Injuries not excuse. Denver winning without 6 players.
    Again, GOODBYE!!!!

Again, GOODBYE!!!!
    Hello Austin Rivers?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    That would possibly be the deepest team in the NBA.

We could also achieve similar results with Boston

Rozier/Payton
    Jrue/Moore/Jackson
    Tatum/Miller
    Niko/Randle
    Baynes/Diallo

i can get with that but take out diallo lol....give me another big and another SF and that team is 11 or 12 deep...

Thread Information