Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is your baseline for any AD trade?

What is your baseline for any AD trade?

Boston, LAL, and LAC are all fighting for AD, and that’s good for us. The next two questions you ha e to ask are:

1) What is your baseline return in any AD deal?
    2) Do you let Demps make that deal?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Boston, LAL, and LAC are all fighting for AD, and that’s good for us. The next two questions you ha e to ask are:

LAL:
    Ball
    Ingram
    Kuzma

Boston:
    Tatum
    Rozier
    1st

I dont really want anyone LAC has, I think NYK will enter into the fray though and for them my base would be:

Porzingas
    Frank N.
    2019 unprotected 1st

Whatever John Calipari wants. I'm I the only one that doesn't want Dell to make another trade - ever? Please, he has eight years to fix this mess. Take his cell phone away too.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Whatever John Calipari wants. I'm I the only one that doesn't want Dell to make another trade - ever? Please, he has eight years to fix this mess. Take his cell phone away too.
    I just dont see Calipri as a viable option for any NBA team. Hes making more as a college coach than all NBA coaches except for 3, and has alot less hectic schedule.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Boston Receives AD & Solomon Hill
    PHX Receives Nico & Etwaun
    N.O. Receives Kyrie, Tatum, Morris, TJ Warren & Josh Jackson !
    Last edited by Tinman; 12-18-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Boston Receives AD & Solomon Hill
    PHX Receives Nico & Etwaun
    N.O. Receives Kyrie, Tatum, Morris, TJ Warren & Josh Jackson !

yeah i think it will be a 3 team trade also...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    yeah i think it will be a 3 team trade also...
    Well, we would certainly put an end to the small forward problem we have had for the last 15 years.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Beyoncé is my baseline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We aren’t trading AD. No way. The media is working hard to make this a reality but AD will stay. He’s gonna sign the supermax. If he doesn’t then he’s not very smart. The pelicans can get it together. I don’t buy this narrative. Elfrid will be back soon and we could make a trade for a SF but I’m convinced that Elfrid is actually much better than people realize. Watch. Elfrid comes back we make a smart trade and we make the playoffs. Then we excel in playoffs and AD signs supermax and we attract free agents. Why go to LA or Boston? I can give good reasons for why he won’t go there.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    We aren’t trading AD. No way. The media is working hard to make this a reality but AD will stay. He’s gonna sign the supermax. If he doesn’t then he’s not very smart. The pelicans can get it together. I don’t buy this narrative. Elfrid will be back soon and we could make a trade for a SF but I’m convinced that Elfrid is actually much better than people realize. Watch. Elfrid comes back we make a smart trade and we make the playoffs. Then we excel in playoffs and AD signs supermax and we attract free agents. Why go to LA or Boston? I can give good reasons for why he won’t go there.

Do you also believe in Santa?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    You seem like you're a lot of fun at parties.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    I just dont see Calipri as a viable option for any NBA team. Hes making more as a college coach than all NBA coaches except for 3, and has alot less hectic schedule.
    If there was ever a moment for him to make the jump a second time it is coming up pretty soon.

With the likely end of the moratorium on high school players jumping to the pros, Kentucky's model is going to take a pretty big hit.

Though I'm not 100% convinced Calipari is translatable to the pros. Or that he could maximize an NBA system on the court to stand up to the other great minds out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You seem like you're a lot of fun at parties.
    The life.

The life.
    Get your head back in the clouds.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...y-davis-lakers

"The Pelicans aren't interested in trading Davis and instead have been engaged in trade talks to try to improve their team around him. They are currently in 12th in the standings but, as is the nature of the Western Conference, they are just three games out of fourth place.

They had a fantastic second half last season and have been dogged by unrelenting injuries recently. There is still plenty of opportunity to have a great season. This is no time to give up on the best player in franchise history and they do not intend to."

"Davis has given no indication he wants to leave New Orleans. In fact, he has been dedicating himself toward the team over the past year more than ever before. He's playing through injuries. He's playing out of his preferred position. He has shown noticeable leadership growth. He's having a career season and has a real chance at the MVP award."

you my friend are spot on more than you know.

AD isn’t going to LA. He’s not KD or a weirdo like Kahwi

Basketball Guru
    AD isn’t going to LA. He’s not KD or a weirdo like Kahwi

you are still over looking his agent selling point to him....in that he will have a real chance at getting to the conference title game by teaming up with his stable mate...help lebron get another title and you also can win multiple titles in LA........

plus AD needs a batman imo...

it is a small chance i believe AD stay after we have a good run in the playoffs but how can we keep that core together or add better players to the 2019 playoff team...

if AD really wants out, he'll request it. If he leaves the Pels for LA or Boston, I may stop watching the NBA.

I am of the mind where, if I am moving him to Boston I will want Tatum, Rozier, Brown, and a few firsts. It’s a Godfather offer but they are still in title contention with Kyrie, AD, Horford and Hayward.

We would have Rozier, Jrue, Tatum, Brown, Niko, Randell, and young talent to build around, while still being good enough to compete for a playoff spot.

Basketball Guru
    I am of the mind where, if I am moving him to Boston I will want Tatum, Rozier, Brown, and a few firsts. It’s a Godfather offer but they are still in title contention with Kyrie, AD, Horford and Hayward.

We would have Rozier, Jrue, Tatum, Brown, Niko, Randell, and young talent to build around, while still being good enough to compete for a playoff spot.

any deal thats going down would be for next year teams......i think boston would have to include kyrie to make salaries work...

I agree with this value, but in order to have Nico and Randell we must rid ourselves of Solo's contract. We should do so now by taking the first step which may prevent a trade from ever happening. That is to secure usable depth at the 5, sg/sf, and point that allows us to be free of any commitments to bad contracts when we offer AD the supermax. IF he refuses, then move immediately. Send Hill, Wes, Diallo and our first to Chicago for Holiday, Lopez and Dunn. THIS MAKES DAVIS HAPPY, because he no longer has to play extended mins. at 5. Jrue, because can play with his brother. Justin can play the 3. We save them 3 mil this year in contracts so we are giving them our 1st for 9 mil next year. Hell give the second too. We won't need picks if AD's gone as suggested here
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 12-19-2018 at 11:46 AM.

What about something like Simmons and Embiid for AD? They probably don't do both. But that's where I'd start

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What about something like Simmons and Embiid for AD? They probably don't do both. But that's where I'd start
    Yeah, I doubt it happens, but something along The Godfather trade where it has to really blow your socks off. If you get a Baron Davis type return I say you fold the franchise and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    you are still over looking his agent selling point to him....in that he will have a real chance at getting to the conference title game by teaming up with his stable mate...help lebron get another title and you also can win multiple titles in LA........

plus AD needs a batman imo...

it is a small chance i believe AD stay after we have a good run in the playoffs but how can we keep that core together or add better players to the 2019 playoff team...
    You're forgetting that it's also in an agent's best interests to get their client as much money as possible. AD can get $70 million more by staying here on the supermax than any other team can give him. There's a reason nobody has ever turned down a supermax before, and it's not because they're ignoring their agents.

Thread Information