Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What is your baseline for any AD trade?

Joel Myer Saints on nba radio that the celts will trade anybody but ky and Tatum for AD. If that’s true, Boston would have no shot if I were in charge. Tatum is a mandatory piece to deal imo.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Joel Myer Saints on nba radio that the celts will trade anybody but ky and Tatum for AD. If that’s true, Boston would have no shot if I were in charge. Tatum is a mandatory piece to deal imo.
    Actually, it would depend on where Bostons 2 acquired 1st round picks land? If I can get 2 HIGH round picks to use for ZION, Id think about Rozier, Hayward, Morris & all 3 of Bostons 1st round PICKS. Id drain them dry if Tatum is NOT in the deal!

Nah, Tatum is a must in any trade.

Yeah they would give up Tatum in a heartbeat.. Its their only chance of matching/beating any other offer since Rozier and Brown are both free agents.

What exactly would we be getting in the Lakers and Celtics young players, other than a bunch of guys, for them to be salivated over as the proposed returns in a AD trade? I’m probably spoiled by AD’s still-blossoming top 3 Elite talent, but I feel like Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Rozier, and Tatum are all “they are what they are” kind of players that have almost maxed out their ceilings. I know they all young but I don’t see future -individual- featured stars when I watch them play. What can they do as a collective without playing with Lebron or Kyrie? Their stat averages looks good on paper, but can they win games better than .500 five years from now? I guess that’s where the lottery pick would come into play. We’d still be looking at Trust The Process development era for a while in a deep West without AD. Do we see those players as our possible longterm core for the next decade or we assuming current stats will grow? It would be better to do everything we can to keep adding around AD via trade than to trade him away for an era of developmental players

I think the Timberwolves core is a comparable ceiling of any package from the Lakers or Celtics. Can Kuzma/Ingram/Ball or Tatum/Morris/Rozier become better than Towns/Wiggins/Teague? The Timberwolves core have all the talent and always compile good stat averages on paper but they can’t win better than a few games above .500 for the last few seasons

Pelicans need as many lottery picks as possible to be included in the trade. Otherwise, whoever gets AD is fleecing the Pelicans with garbage “young core” packages

3 way trade to somehow get Giannis Antetokounmpo and the 1st overall pick (Zion).

So, the Greek Freak and Zion for AD...I'd give him up in a heartbeat. Somehow get Devin Booker in the same trade? We'd be golden.

Question asked what was my baseline, and that's my baseline.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 12-22-2018 at 09:36 PM.

I say cut off Dell's cell phone. He's had eight years to figure it out.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

I say cut off your internet, that's enough negativity for December.

Whoever we trade AD to needs to take Solo’s contract at minimum. If it’s Lakers, Kuzma is a must. If it’s the Celtics, Tatum is a must. The deal has to be bad contract(s) and budding star or keep moving. Whoever is making the call needs to set us up for the future and not try to win now

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    I say cut off your internet, that's enough negativity for December.
    You are correct. I've been on a rant the last two weeks. More frustration than anything else. Just upset about the non-stop drum beat of this franchise can't win or worse, doesn't want to win. Don't mean to be negative and maybe I should go dark for a while. It's just a game.

On a side note, I've been to Oz four times. Amazing place. Great people. Been all over the place. Darwin. Hobart. Brisbane. Sydney. Perth. Even Karratha.

Thread Information