Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pels trying to trade for Beal

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Pels get:
    Bradley Beal and Dwayne Dedmon

Wizards get:
    Julius Randle, Etwaun Moore, Kent Bazemore

Hawks get:
    Iran Mahinmi, Soloman Hill, 2019 unprotected Pels 1st, 2019 Top 10 protected Wiz 1st

Pels get Dedmon to take some strain off AD, Beal to add another Star

Washington gets out of Mahinmi's contract, this trade also puts them below the Luxury Tax, and they get 3 great pieces to build on along with Wall, Porter, and Ariza (they would be a deeper team next season).. Best thing for them, if they tank they would keep their pick, if they dont tank they likely make the playoffs so it's a later round 1st

Hawks get 2 possible lottery picks, affirm their tank for this season (Zion sweepstakes?), and get 2 VERY attractive expirings for next season they can use to trade for a star player (lines up perfectly with Kevin Loves contract)

Our roster after trade:
    Payton, Frazier, Clark
    Jrue, Frank, Harrison
    Beal, Miller, Wes, Williams
    AD, Niko
    Dedmon, Okafor, Diallo
    Beal isn't a three. You'd be trading for a 2 guard, don't make any mistake on that. You'd be losing Randle, who has played extremely well for us regardless of the minutes he's been given, Solo (who has played poorly, no question, but is actually a three) and an unprotected first round pick for yet another 2 guard.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Beal isn't a three. You'd be trading for a 2 guard, don't make any mistake on that. You'd be losing Randle, who has played extremely well for us regardless of the minutes he's been given, Solo (who has played poorly, no question, but is actually a three) and an unprotected first round pick for yet another 2 guard.
    Positionless basketball.. Beal is bigger than Jrue, Bazemore, Moore all who guard the 3, he could handle it...

And most of the time with switches, Beal and Jrue would be switching guys anyway, plus you more than likely keep AD, and you re-sign Niko, and could probably keep Dedmon and Payton also, all while still staying under the LT for another season

Positionless basketball.. Beal is bigger than Jrue, Bazemore, Moore all who guard the 3, he could handle it...

And most of the time with switches, Beal and Jrue would be switching guys anyway, plus you more than likely keep AD, and you re-sign Niko, and could probably keep Dedmon and Payton also, all while still staying under the LT for another season
    I'm not saying this to try and prove you wrong, I'm just curious: as much as positionless basketball may be the future, for now there are still plenty of SFs who are SFs. Examples include LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George. Sometimes they play PF, and occasionally SG, but they all spend the vast majority of their time at SF. Beal has so far spent only 6% or his career playing the SF position. If he plays that, he will need to defend that size: is the capable.

Not trying to have a gotcha moment or anything, genuinely curious. He's not reputed to be a great defender, he's never made an apl defensive team, his defensive rating has never been exceptional, so you'd have to watch every game to know: is Beal good enough on defense to guard genuine small forwards? Cause he and Randle provide roughly similar scoring, and while Beal is the superior shooter, Randle is the superior rebounder, so the question is one of defense. If he's worse on defense for the position than Randle is, then it's an expensive downgrade.

I'm not saying this to try and prove you wrong, I'm just curious: as much as positionless basketball may be the future, for now there are still plenty of SFs who are SFs. Examples include LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George. Sometimes they play PF, and occasionally SG, but they all spend the vast majority of their time at SF. Beal has so far spent only 6% or his career playing the SF position. If he plays that, he will need to defend that size: is the capable.

Not trying to have a gotcha moment or anything, genuinely curious. He's not reputed to be a great defender, he's never made an apl defensive team, his defensive rating has never been exceptional, so you'd have to watch every game to know: is Beal good enough on defense to guard genuine small forwards? Cause he and Randle provide roughly similar scoring, and while Beal is the superior shooter, Randle is the superior rebounder, so the question is one of defense. If he's worse on defense for the position than Randle is, then it's an expensive downgrade.
    Beal may not be elite on D, but his defense would be adequate enough, and for those tougher matchups we usually put Jrue on those guys no matter who we trot out at the 3..

Also getting Dedmon, we dont lose any rebounding, and we get to play AD at the "4" more where he seems to be more aggressive...

Losing Randle woildnt hurt as much as you think, he puts up points but hes really a black hole on offense, he stops the ball which is not what we want

Beal may not be elite on D, but his defense would be adequate enough, and for those tougher matchups we usually put Jrue on those guys no matter who we trot out at the 3..

Also getting Dedmon, we dont lose any rebounding, and we get to play AD at the "4" more where he seems to be more aggressive...

Losing Randle woildnt hurt as much as you think, he puts up points but hes really a black hole on offense, he stops the ball which is not what we want
    I'm not totally averse to trading Randle, especially knowing that his contract is one with a lot of risk for us: he could just leave and we'd get nothing for him. He's also not a franchise level player where you can sometimes risk that if them signing the extension is a possibility.

I'm concerned about your evaluation of Dedmon. I do like Dedmon, and he's proven in ATL that when he gets the minutes he can contribute in the glass and finishing around the rim. His IQ is not great though, and he doesn't have the versatility someone like Randle does. Obviously that's because he's a secondary piece in the trade, whereas Randle would be our major chip, but I'm not sure if cobbling together elements of various players (Beals scoring + Dedmons rebounding) is actually as valuable as just one player who does both.

Not sure.

I'm not totally averse to trading Randle, especially knowing that his contract is one with a lot of risk for us: he could just leave and we'd get nothing for him. He's also not a franchise level player where you can sometimes risk that if them signing the extension is a possibility.

I'm concerned about your evaluation of Dedmon. I do like Dedmon, and he's proven in ATL that when he gets the minutes he can contribute in the glass and finishing around the rim. His IQ is not great though, and he doesn't have the versatility someone like Randle does. Obviously that's because he's a secondary piece in the trade, whereas Randle would be our major chip, but I'm not sure if cobbling together elements of various players (Beals scoring + Dedmons rebounding) is actually as valuable as just one player who does both.

Not sure.
    We would actually be adding more scoring. Beal's additional scoring, coupled with Dedmons 10 ppg avg (and hes shooting 36% from 3), would put us in a better spot..

Just going off averages we would be getting:
    PG (payton): 10 ppg 5 rb
    SG (jrue): 21 ppg 5 rb
    SF (beal): 24 ppg 5 rb
    PF (ad): 29 ppg 13 rb
    C (dedmon): 10 ppg 8 rb

As long as those averages stay, then we would be getting almost 95 ppg with 36 rb average from just our starters..

Add in Niko's scoring and rebounding, along with Miller, Okafor, Frazier and another big we get from the buyout market, we would be 10+ deep, and if Frank keeps building confidence in his scoring it could give us another one off the bench..

The best part would be you could always have at least 2 good/great players on the floor at all times (assuming health of course)

The Franchise    Contributor   

Does the Wall injury make the Wizards more or less likely to trade either Beal and/or Porter?

We would actually be adding more scoring. Beal's additional scoring, coupled with Dedmons 10 ppg avg (and hes shooting 36% from 3), would put us in a better spot..

Just going off averages we would be getting:
    PG (payton): 10 ppg 5 rb
    SG (jrue): 21 ppg 5 rb
    SF (beal): 24 ppg 5 rb
    PF (ad): 29 ppg 13 rb
    C (dedmon): 10 ppg 8 rb

As long as those averages stay, then we would be getting almost 95 ppg with 36 rb average from just our starters..

Add in Niko's scoring and rebounding, along with Miller, Okafor, Frazier and another big we get from the buyout market, we would be 10+ deep, and if Frank keeps buil, but ading confidence in his scoring it could give us another one off the bench..

The best part would be you could always have at least 2 good/great players on the floor at all times (assuming health of course)
    It is obvious you love Beal, but at the expense of Randal and flexibility when AD has to sign the supermax or not? No way no how!!!! Time for my endless post again.

Regardless of whether Dell is in our future or not, we must act now to position ourselves to be able to make the best possible decision going forward. The first step should be to get rid of Hills contract. While also, trying to get AD some immediate help which may or not entice him to sign supermax. Offer our first and second round picks along with Hill, Wes, and Diallo, combined 20 mil, to the Bulls to acquire Kris Dunn, 4.2 mil, (or any of their other 3 PGs, Arcidiacono, 1.4 mil, Payne, 3.3 mil, or Harrison, 1.4 mil, all are RFAs going forward), Lopez, 14.2mil, and Holiday 4.2 mil, both expiring, but we would have their bird rights, so we can keep if we want. Both for less than 9 mil in all likelihood, Robin’s bro makes 3.4 mil now with Bucks. This frees up between 6 and 8 mil we can use to sign Nico and JR. If we get healthy and turn it around AD may sign. If not, we ship off to Boston with his 27mil salary for:

A- Rozier, 3 mil now, RFA estimate 5 mil
    Smart, 12.5 mil
    Brown, 6.5 mil
    Williams, 2 mil
    3 first round picks, no less than 2

or

B- Rozier, 3 mil now, RFA estimate 5 mil
    Tatum, 7.8 mil
    Brown, 6.5 mil
    Williams, 2 mil
    1 first round pick, or a couple second round picks

Assuming Boston goes with (A) because Tatum is off the table that makes us look like this:
    1s Rozier, Payton, Smart
    2s Jackson
    1-2s Jrue
    2-3s Justin, Moore, Miller, Brown
    3s K Williams
    4s Nico
    4-5s JR, R Williams
    5s Lopez, Okafor
    Plus a min. of 3 firsts to play with next year.
    Note: guard from BULLS would take roster spot from either K Will or Miiller

Quote Originally Posted by Hugeaux II View Post
    Does the Wall injury make the Wizards more or less likely to trade either Beal and/or Porter?
    I would think more likely.. They will probably enter tank mode

Only trade I would make with Was. would be Solo, Wes and a first for Ariza

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    It is obvious you love Beal, but at the expense of Randal and flexibility when AD has to sign the supermax or not? No way no how!!!! Time for my endless post again.

Regardless of whether Dell is in our future or not, we must act now to position ourselves to be able to make the best possible decision going forward. The first step should be to get rid of Hills contract. While also, trying to get AD some immediate help which may or not entice him to sign supermax. Offer our first and second round picks along with Hill, Wes, and Diallo, combined 20 mil, to the Bulls to acquire Kris Dunn, 4.2 mil, (or any of their other 3 PGs, Arcidiacono, 1.4 mil, Payne, 3.3 mil, or Harrison, 1.4 mil, all are RFAs going forward), Lopez, 14.2mil, and Holiday 4.2 mil, both expiring, but we would have their bird rights, so we can keep if we want. Both for less than 9 mil in all likelihood, Robin’s bro makes 3.4 mil now with Bucks. This frees up between 6 and 8 mil we can use to sign Nico and JR. If we get healthy and turn it around AD may sign. If not, we ship off to Boston with his 27mil salary for:

A- Rozier, 3 mil now, RFA estimate 5 mil
    Smart, 12.5 mil
    Brown, 6.5 mil
    Williams, 2 mil
    3 first round picks, no less than 2

or

B- Rozier, 3 mil now, RFA estimate 5 mil
    Tatum, 7.8 mil
    Brown, 6.5 mil
    Williams, 2 mil
    1 first round pick, or a couple second round picks

Assuming Boston goes with (A) because Tatum is off the table that makes us look like this:
    1s Rozier, Payton, Smart
    2s Jackson
    1-2s Jrue
    2-3s Justin, Moore, Miller, Brown
    3s K Williams
    4s Nico
    4-5s JR, R Williams
    5s Lopez, Okafor
    Plus a min. of 3 firsts to play with next year.
    Note: guard from BULLS would take roster spot from either K Will or Miiller
    That trade would do nothing to keep AD here..

Also, rumors are that AD will not sign the supermax, he will choose to go the route of signing 2-3 year deals to keep flexibility...

Bradley Beal potentially keeps AD here, Justin Holiday and Robin Lopez doesn't...

Beal is also under contract for 2 more years, so we still maintain plenty of cap flexibility for the future (we would be about 24 million under the cap next season), so we could re-sign Niko using bird rights, re-sign Payton (hopefully he takes the 1 year 4 mil), re-sign Dedmon using bird rights, and still have the full MLE to bring in a guy like Ariza, Rozier, Kevon Looney, Malcolm Brogden, Justice Winslow etc..

Could go into the season with:
    Rozier/Payton
    Jrue/Frank
    Beal/Miller/Wes(min deal)
    AD/Niko
    Dedmon/Okafor

That's 8-10 deep before you even start getting the vets on min deals, and still keeps us well below the cap, and we keep Jrue...

The same thing could work if AD asks to be traded to Boston after the season, send AD to Boston for Tatum and Smart with a 1st rounder, and sign Looney with the MLE

Smart/Payton
    Jrue/Frank
    Tatum/Miller
    Niko/Looney
    Dedmon/Okafor

That's 10 deep before the draft pick and any other guys we sign..

Far better team long term either way

Bite the bullet Dell.
    Beal, Satoransky, Jeff Green for Hill, Johnson, Randle, 2019 first and 2022 first.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Bite the bullet Dell.
    Beal, Satoransky, Jeff Green for Hill, Johnson, Randle, 2019 first and 2022 first.
    I dont see Washington moving Beal without including Mahinmi in the deal, and they surely wont take back any long term dead salary in Hill, and thirdly, with that deal they would still be in the tax, which getting out the tax would be another goal for them.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Bite the bullet Dell.
    If Dell pulls that trigger, biting one bullet won't save him. Rapid fire machine gun action would be forthcoming.

I just don’t get this fixation on Bradley Beal

Let’s take a look.

LIFETIME OVERALL FG % 44.8
    LIFETIME OVERALL 3 PT FG % 38.8
    THIS YEAR OVERALL FG % 47.1
    THIS YEAR OVERALL 3PT FG % 33.7
    SALARY 2018 AND 2019 25.5mil, 27.1mil

Now let’s see E’Twaun Moore

LIFETIME OVERALL FG % 45.8
    THIS YEAR OVERALL FG % 48.3
    THIS YEAR OVERALL 3PT FG % 41.0
    SALARY 2018 AND 2019 8.8mil, 8.7mil

NEED I SAY MOoRE?

one MOoRE thing- E'Twaun's wingspan is 6'9.5", Beal's is 6'8"
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 12-30-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Let’s take a look.

NEED I SAY MOoRE?
    Beal is also usually the #1 scoring option on their team and being guarded by the best defender..

Beal is also only 25 years old and still hasn't hit his prime..

Beal is also a better defender than Moore, and bigger

Just say you dont like Beal and move along, but I can just about guarantee if we pull off a trade for Beal, we will be one the top 4 teams in the West, assuming we stay healthy, and AD stays here

Beal is also usually the #1 scoring option on their team and being guarded by the best defender..

Beal is also only 25 years old and still hasn't hit his prime..

Beal is also a better defender than Moore, and bigger

Just say you dont like Beal and move along, but I can just about guarantee if we pull off a trade for Beal, we will be one the top 4 teams in the West, assuming we stay healthy, and AD stays here
    Beal's wingspan is shorter than Moore's, and I DO LIKE HIM, just not at the price. So sorry, but any picks, or usable players are off the table for me. Your guarantee just isn't enough

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Beal's wingspan is shorter than Moore's, and I DO LIKE HIM, just not at the price. So sorry, but any picks, or usable players are off the table for me. Your guarantee just isn't enough
    I’d rather push hard to get Bazemore or even Ariza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    Moore is a great backup SG. Beal shows AD we are trying and gives us a backup plan Incase AD leaves. I like Randle but he’s so ball dominate and AD suffers because of it and spacing. I’m also worried we won’t be able to resign Randle next year.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Moore is a great backup SG. Beal shows AD we are trying and gives us a backup plan Incase AD leaves. I like Randle but he’s so ball dominate and AD suffers because of it and spacing. I’m also worried we won’t be able to resign Randle next year.
    Again, sorry to disagree, all Beal, at that price, shows me, most likely AD, and surely the rest of the reasonably sane people here is not worth it. AD wants Randall here.

Let’s take a look.

NEED I SAY MOoRE?

one MOoRE thing- E'Twaun's wingspan is 6'9.5", Beal's is 6'8"
    You should because that doesn't tell the story whatsoever.

Beal does all that in a less than ideal role next to Wall and while being guarded by the opposing teams best back court defender. When Wall is not playing Beal has shown himself last season and this to be downright superstar esque when given more control of the offense. You also left off that Beal gets to the line nearly 5 times a game and is averaging 24 ppg, 5 rebounds, 5 assists. Moore also isnt going to threaten a triple double when he's pushed into a larger role due to injuries, like happened in Phoenix last week where Beal went for 40 points, 15 assists, and 11 boards.

Moore is the guy you throw some leftover defender on after you have your plan to double AD and lock down Jrue who you hope can be the right type of streaky that night and hit open threes and a few floaters.

I've said before I am not sure Beal/Jrue is an ideal fit, but Beal's talent level is unquestionable.

I’m all about trading for Beal. However, Mahinmi would need to come off their books. Randle, Moore, Solo, and Johnson work contract wise. I would throw in the 2019 1st round pick (unprotected) and the 2021 pick (top 10 protected). That deal knocks the Wizards down to ~$1 mil over the tax line. I agree with Bronco, I’m not sure about the fit of Beal and Jrue, but talent is talent and if Dell were to have the opportunity, he would be an idiot not to take it.
    Also, I said at the beginning of the season, and have continued to say, that the FO would need to choose between Randle and Mirotic. I was on the Randle train until about 2-3 weeks ago. He takes away from ADs effectiveness, he doesn’t move off ball, and it is hard to finish with him on the floor. He is a talented player but doesn’t fit with our best player. I think that a team like Brooklyn or Washington could use him.
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    You should because that doesn't tell the story whatsoever.

Beal does all that in a less than ideal role next to Wall and while being guarded by the opposing teams best back court defender. When Wall is not playing Beal has shown himself last season and this to be downright superstar esque when given more control of the offense. You also left off that Beal gets to the line nearly 5 times a game and is averaging 24 ppg, 5 rebounds, 5 assists. Moore also isnt going to threaten a triple double when he's pushed into a larger role due to injuries, like happened in Phoenix last week where Beal went for 40 points, 15 assists, and 11 boards.

Moore is the guy you throw some leftover defender on after you have your plan to double AD and lock down Jrue who you hope can be the right type of streaky that night and hit open threes and a few floaters.

I've said before I am not sure Beal/Jrue is an ideal fit, but Beal's talent level is unquestionable.
    I don't disagree that Beal would be nice to have, but not at the cost of Randall, picks, and salary. Now if we could get him for our 1st and second this year with this group. I'M IN!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	6374

The Franchise
    I don't disagree that Beal would be nice to have, but not at the cost of Randall, picks, and salary. Now if we could get him for our 1st and second this year with this group. I'M IN!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	6374
    Be nice but I’m sure it would take at min 2 first rounders especially without any good players going out.

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    I’m all about trading for Beal. However, Mahinmi would need to come off their books. Randle, Moore, Solo, and Johnson work contract wise. I would throw in the 2019 1st round pick (unprotected) and the 2021 pick (top 10 protected). That deal knocks the Wizards down to ~$1 mil over the tax line. I agree with Bronco, I’m not sure about the fit of Beal and Jrue, but talent is talent and if Dell were to have the opportunity, he would be an idiot not to take it.
    Also, I said at the beginning of the season, and have continued to say, that the FO would need to choose between Randle and Mirotic. I was on the Randle train until about 2-3 weeks ago. He takes away from ADs effectiveness, he doesn’t move off ball, and it is hard to finish with him on the floor. He is a talented player but doesn’t fit with our best player. I think that a team like Brooklyn or Washington could use him.
    I dont think we need to take Mahinmi if we're giving up 2 first round picks. We should be taking back Ariza in that deal. Washington should be looking to tank for the next 2 years, with Wall having season ending heel surgery. He may not be back until mid season next year. As long as they are under the tax, Mahinmi on the books doesnt hurt them going forward. Nobody is signing in Washington this summer.

Thread Information