Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Pels trying to trade for Beal

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No way can you take back all that crap from Washington, give up Moore and Randle, AND give two firsts.

AD would 100% have to agree to resigning before I did something like this.
    That!
    EP has started 7 games & we are 6-1 ! We lose Niko (along w/EP) & proceed to go on a 5 game losing streak.
    This team has NOT had any opportunity to compete with an ENTIRELY healthy roster.
    If AD isn't squawking internally, I say we let this season play out, HEALTHY.
    Frankly with the W as dysfunctional as it is & LBJ becoming more Egomaniacal & narcissistic each day, if we grab a decent seed in the playoffs, I say AD stays.
    If it's all about LEGACY then NOtHING says Legacy 180 than going somewhere & needing another GOAT to help you WIN !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    That!
    EP has started 7 games & we are 6-1 ! We lose Niko (along w/EP) & proceed to go on a 5 game losing streak.
    This team has NOT had any opportunity to compete with an ENTIRELY healthy roster.
    Frankly with the W as dysfunctional as it is & LBJ becoming more Egomaniacal & narcissistic each day, if we grab a decent seed in the playoffs, I say AD stays.
    If it's all about LEGACY then NOtHING says Legacy 180 than going somewhere & needing another GOAT to help you WIN !
    I've said if we are fully healthy we are a 4-6 seed team. Come on health!

I've never agreed with you more. I'm pretty sure I've said this same thing about 10 times already in various threads, but I'll repeat it.

Yes, you can read AD's statement about legacy negatively, as if he's intending to bolt for rings: but you can also see it positively. AD saw KD's move, running away to a superteam to get cheap rings, and he must know that nobody values KD's 2 (possibly 3 after this year) rings as much as they value Dirk's one ring with Dallas. He knows that piggybacking off other superstars to deliver you rings doesnt do much for your legacy. The ultimate legacy move is to stick with one team for as long as possible and be the force that delivers them a championship, especially if it's the first in their franchise history. That's what Dirk did, and he's a hero.

Dirk vs KD, who has the better legacy? I don't think it's much of an argument. KD is the better player, for sure, but Dirk has the greatest legacy.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No way can you take back all that crap from Washington, give up Moore and Randle, AND give two firsts.

AD would 100% have to agree to resigning before I did something like this.
    My thing is you absolutely don't want to be giving up the 2020 first rounder UNLESS it is for an absolute star.

That is likely going to be the first season where high school players will again be eligible to enter the draft and it should be loaded.

Of course given how many surefire high school prospects under perform expectations these days, it's also going to have a higher bust probability, still.

That also said, teams know we are desperate and we are likely going to overpay for whoever we bring in. To me the key is to make sure it is someone that can be moved for relatively the same assets you gave up if things go sideways.

Basketball Guru
    hill,,clark,,diallo,,johnson, frazier and maybe frank are the players need to be traded to bring in a solid backup PG and a combo SG/SF in my wish list.......and i still would do niko for harrison barnes....

play this season out and make the playoffs and upset somebody...

That!
    And the game we lost was the one he left, eh? So 6-0 when he starts and finishes?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    My thing is you absolutely don't want to be giving up the 2020 first rounder UNLESS it is for an absolute star.

That is likely going to be the first season where high school players will again be eligible to enter the draft and it should be loaded.

Of course given how many surefire high school prospects under perform expectations these days, it's also going to have a higher bust probability, still.

That also said, teams know we are desperate and we are likely going to overpay for whoever we bring in. To me the key is to make sure it is someone that can be moved for relatively the same assets you gave up if things go sideways.
    That year second rounders are gonna be golden. We’d also be trading 19&21 most likely but hopefully Dell will get them to throw in a second or 2 if he does give up 2 firsts.

So are we trying to trade for him, or not? This thread is 5 pages long, and it can’t be confirmed that we are, or aren’t interested in him.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I mean TBH the guy Mason Ginsburg quoted has zero credibility in my mind.

I'm ok with the speculation because like Butler, we know Beal was on the block earlier this season and it is almost certain the Pels have inquired.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    So are we trying to trade for him, or not? This thread is 5 pages long, and it can’t be confirmed that we are, or aren’t interested in him.
    If he is or isn’t, it’s fun to speculate.

Basketball Guru

lol you just killed my joy..

It's a speculation thread. Just read a few different boards. If there isn't a lot of confirmation bias, odds are it's just speculation

I am sure it is all speculation. However, Beal will be tough to acquire.

Cameron Payne being waived by Chicago

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post

Bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wish Justin Holiday the best. He has played well this year. Memphis will be a good fit.

I really wanted to see Jrue and Justin on the Pels.

Thread Information