Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Boston is after Davis big time. Now coming from Wojo not me

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Hopefully if AD really is looking to force his way out, Demps already knows that. In that case, he should be holding onto assets rather than trading for overpriced borderline stars or fringe players.
    I think Davis been clear with him on what his expectations are. The question is, what are they? Would he be happy to make the 2nd round again or is it WCF or bust?

Hopefully if AD really is looking to force his way out, Demps already knows that. In that case, he should be holding onto assets rather than trading for overpriced borderline stars or fringe players.
    I would hope so as well, but I think it's more probable that AD has given them a win now ultimatum. Dell has through the trade deadline to make some magic or AD bolts. Would explain why we were looking to trade for Butler. If it works out, great. If not, too bad.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think Davis been clear with him on what his expectations are. The question is, what are they? Would he be happy to make the 2nd round again or is it WCF or bust?
    At this rate, he'll probably want out already.

If I had guess he probably told them wcf or a very competitive 2nd round loss to Golden State.

I don't want a single player eating up 40% of the cap for multiple years incase Davis wants out. That's just bad, no matter what our strategy going forward is.
    It's certainly not good, but functionally it wouldn't be a hindrance is my only point.

Gerry V is right, we need to plan accordingly for losing AD, and this might be a move that is too big for Demps.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Get Wall and the team is way way better. Wall is not a borderline star. Wall is an elite point guard who would likely help us go deep in playoffs. We can’t lose AD without going all out. The risk is worth it. Add Wall and a shooter however you have to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had Rondo running the offense last year. Do you really think if Wall was pg, instead of Rondo, we wouldn’t have a much better chance against teams like GSW? Y’all keep talking about his albatross contract. Well, if he helped us get to WCF would you still complain? We have to keep AD. It’s worth the risk. Especially if we get a player as dominant as Wall. Watch, I bet Demps goes for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Get Wall and the team is way way better. Wall is not a borderline star. Wall is an elite point guard who would likely help us go deep in playoffs. We can’t lose AD without going all out. The risk is worth it. Add Wall and a shooter however you have to do it.

He is a borderline star with bad knees and a bad attitude. He likes to stand around rather than move. He has a contract that will pay him over $171 million the next 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

Wall has easily a better team he is currently on, plays in the lEastern conference, and still can't go on a deep run in the playoffs.

He also is an iso player that doesn't work in a heavy passing offense.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Wall has easily a better team he is currently on, plays in the lEastern conference, and still can't go on a deep run in the playoffs.

On the other hand...we've never seen him in such an offense. Who is to say he would play the same on a different team with different players?

He also has never played with a big like AD.
    ISO isn't bad when the playoffs come.
    Him and AD in the pick and roll would be unstoppable.

I don't think it's about wanting John Wall as much as it's about 1) which players are available that are true difference makers at a position of need, and 2) can we outbid the other interested teams? To date, Wall is the best option I've seen. Add in that he's a Rich Paul client and former Wildcat, and you hope that's enough to sway AD if we go on a run. If not, might as well start looking into trading AD now, tanking the rest of the year, and hoping for a high number one pick.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    He also has never played with a big like AD.
    ISO isn't bad when the playoffs come.
    Him and AD in the pick and roll would be unstoppable.
    It’s true. They would leave opponents with broken ankles, and broken necks.

On the other hand they would only play about 65 combined games during the season due to their inability to stay healthy.

I can see both sides of trading for Wall. It really would depend on AD giving some indication that trading for Wall would have him highly consider staying here. Sure the contract is massive, but if Wall's skillset maximizes the role of AD and Jrue. It's been shown this team, and especially Jrue, is at their best with high level Point Guard play. So getting a top 5 one seems like the one position worth overpaying for.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It’s true. They would leave opponents with broken ankles, and broken necks.

On the other hand they would only play about 65 combined games during the season due to their inability to stay healthy.
    Facts. AD has to be held accountable for his lack of durability
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Y’all know Wall is the answer to this. We gotta take a risk. Wall would make the team way better. Don’t care about his bad attitude one bit. I like players that lose their cool. Butler, Boogie, Rondo, Garnett, Beal, Draymond.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Yes, THIS. I absolutely believe that AD/Gentry & Demps already know what all of the contingencies are . Even if AD wants to leave, I believe AD, Dell & Gentry will try and work together for a "BEST that can be expected" outcome.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Yes, THIS. I absolutely believe that AD/Gentry & Demps already know what all of the contingencies are . Even if AD wants to leave, I believe AD, Dell & Gentry will try and work together for a "BEST that can be expected" outcome.

imo if he do leave,,he owe us that much to keep his mouth shut on teams he would like to be traded to so we can get the best offer from any team...and rich paul need to stop leaking all of this out about pleasing lebron to help him win in LA..

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Facts. AD has to be held accountable for his lack of durability
    What does that even mean? Held accountable for landing on someone's ankle for the berjillionth time? Covering for his teammates and hurting himself diving into the stands or something? What would that even entail? Going to him while he's with the trainers and yelling at him?

Thread Information