Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boston is after Davis big time. Now coming from Wojo not me

Boston is after Davis big time. Now coming from Wojo not me

Celtics can't trade for AD until the offseason anyway. If we can't turn this season around, it'll probably be time to move him at that point.

You can’t trade him for a poo poo platter, which is what I think is just a step below what we will receive in exchange.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

AD won't be going anywhere until the offseason at the earliest when Boston can bid. The more teams we would have bidding against each other, the better for us. We will end up getting a ransom for AD if we do end up trading him from Boston, LAL, or the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    AD won't be going anywhere until the offseason at the earliest when Boston can bid. The more teams we would have bidding against each other, the better for us. We will end up getting a ransom for AD if we do end up trading him from Boston, LAL, or the Knicks.
    Knicks don't have many assets we'd want, pending the draft this year

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Knicks don't have many assets we'd want, pending the draft this year
    Porzingis +Zion sounds like a nice return

Maybe I'm crazy but if we end up having to trade AD I'm kinda ok with a front court of Niko and Randle.

I'd focus on trying to get a startung guard and sf and a backup center and sf/PF.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Porzingis +Zion sounds like a nice return
    That's what I'm talking about. Sheeee...I'd want Porzingis, Zion, and another first in a season, and Tim Hardaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That's what I'm talking about. Sheeee...I'd want Porzingis, Zion, and another first in a season, and Tim Hardaway.
    Porzingis is a huge step down from AD, so Zion would really have to pan out. If he ended up just being a good player, we would have lost the trade hard.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Porzingis is a huge step down from AD, so Zion would really have to pan out. If he ended up just being a good player, we would have lost the trade hard.
    I mean basically any players we trade for will be a big step down from AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We could do far worse than Porzingas and Zion for AD.. Retain Randle and Niko and still be able to "Do it Big" with a Payton, Jrue, Zion, Randle, Porzingas lineup with Frank, Moore, Hill, Niko, Diallo off the bench.. That's not a bad top 10 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Maybe I'm crazy but if we end up having to trade AD I'm kinda ok with a front court of Niko and Randle.

I'd focus on trying to get a startung guard and sf and a backup center and sf/PF.
    Offense would be dope but the rim protection would be abysmal.

I mean basically any players we trade for will be a big step down from AD.
    Weird, paying attention to some people on this board over the last month or so you'd think AD was some scrub who we should be jettisoning as fast as possible.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    No way Demps trades AD. He needs to trade for Wall. Say whatever you want about Wall’s contract but if we got Wall most of you would be really excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Niko and a protected 1st for TJ Warren

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    No way Demps trades AD. He needs to trade for Wall. Say whatever you want about Wall’s contract but if we got Wall most of you would be really excited.

What to send out for him though? And it has to be done before the monster deal kicks in (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

It feels like the Ariza trade, at least for right now, is going to put the hold on their earlier inclinations to blow it up.

I don't think you make that trade unless you are looking to give the core one last shot.

Now if it doesn't rekindle some 13-15 Wizards era basketball, I think they will be right back in the market in short order.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-18-2018 at 08:04 AM.

IMO, Wall is the best option for this team. When motivated, he’s really good. I know everyone loves Jrue but he doesn’t do it for me. Everybody would be on the table except Randle and AD. I would obviously start with guys like Solo, Moore, Peyton etc.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    IMO, Wall is the best option for this team. When motivated, he’s really good. I know everyone loves Jrue but he doesn’t do it for me. Everybody would be on the table except Randle and AD. I would obviously start with guys like Solo, Moore, Peyton etc.

they are on espn talking about AD will ask to be traded after this season.....and i dont know if john wall is a good move for us..if its true about AD then rich paul also is the agent for john wall and if he is pushing for AD to go join lebron then i would think he wouldnt want wall here long term also....
    Last edited by 6warddude; 12-18-2018 at 10:21 AM.

I don't want wall because if AD forces his way out we are on the hook for a ton of money which kills flexibility.

I don't want wall because if AD forces his way out we are on the hook for a ton of money which kills flexibility.
    True, but you would essentially be clearing the rest of the decks so I don't think it would matter a whole lot.

Unless the Benson's try and apply an NFL rebuilding mindset to the NBA again and we don't ship out Jrue and our other win-now assets for building block ones.

No,no,no to John Wall and his absurd contract. You want to hang an albatross around this franchise’s neck for the next four years then that’s a great way to do it....

Chances are any great player that becomes available between now and the trade deadline is going to have issues. Teams don't part with great players on great contracts who are leaders in the locker room. We got Boogie because 90% of the league thought he was a headache. Assuming a great player becomes available (and we have the pieces to pull it off), I doubt we'll have the luxury of being all that picky.

Bottom line: If we do nothing or trade for a guy that's an improvement, but doesn't significantly move the needle, it's a certainty that AD is leaving. If we go all in on Wall (a Rich Paul guy), there's a slim chance that it works, the Pels go on a roll, and AD reconsiders turning down that supermax. Not saying it's the best option, but we're out of time. There is no next season to save this. You either bet big now or hold onto our 1st and start lining up your offers for AD.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    True, but you would essentially be clearing the rest of the decks so I don't think it would matter a whole lot.

Unless the Benson's try and apply an NFL rebuilding mindset to the NBA again and we don't ship out Jrue and our other win-now assets for building block ones.
    I don't want a single player eating up 40% of the cap for multiple years incase Davis wants out. That's just bad, no matter what our strategy going forward is.

Hopefully if AD really is looking to force his way out, Demps already knows that. In that case, he should be holding onto assets rather than trading for overpriced borderline stars or fringe players.

Thread Information