Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: December 10th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Boston Celtics - 14-14

this is just hard to watch, and really not an enjoyable product.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I think i'll watch this team again when they make a trade.
    This team is unwatchable against a team who is resting their whole team.
    I was thinking the same thing I use to panic about Ad leaving but he’s as good as gone we may as well trade him and start the rebuild this team with these scrub coaches and GM isn’t going anywhere . We lose AD for nothing like we did Cousins and this franchise is history .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AD just had a beautiful finish at the rim.
    Basketball.

I don't know why I'm still surprised at this. Either AD can't put the ball in the basket to save his life, and we lose despite Jrue and Randle's best efforts, or (as with tonight), AD forces stuff to happen and the rest of the team doesn't even look interested in even taking shots, let alone hitting them.

Can't win two games in a row, that would be a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I was thinking the same thing I use to panic about Ad leaving but he’s as good as gone we may as well trade him and start the rebuild this team with these scrub coaches and GM isn’t going anywhere . We lose AD for nothing like we did Cousins and this franchise is history .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wasn't actually thinking a Davis trade, but I wouldn't be upset anymore as I don't think he ever reaches his full potential with this franchise.
    I want to see what the team is at the trade deadline and if it is the same then i'd rather have a team full of B to B+ players like the Celtics and Clippers than have a generational talent in Davis.
    The Clippers and Boston play hard. That's all I want from my team.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Man imagine if this team had a good coach

Clark is a total turd. He isn't an NBA player.

Too many players on this team that aren't NBA players.
    Dell Demps thinks because he can fill the team with G league players they will be able to keep Davis is laughable.
    Everyone around the league knows it but him.

Clark, Hill, Diallo, Williams, Miller, Johnson, Frazier.
    Half the bloody team wouldn't get minutes on 80% of the NBA's roster.

And don't give the excuse of that's all he could do with the money available.
    He #### in his back yard and he's been trying to clean it up for 4 years.

I wasn't actually thinking a Davis trade, but I wouldn't be upset anymore as I don't think he ever reaches his full potential with this franchise.
    I want to see what the team is at the trade deadline and if it is the same then i'd rather have a team full of B to B+ players like the Celtics and Clippers than have a generational talent in Davis.
    The Clippers and Boston play hard. That's all I want from my team.
    THIS....give me a blue collar team any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    THIS....give me a blue collar team any day of the week.
    Not since Monty.

Clark is a total turd. He isn't an NBA player.

Too many players on this team that aren't NBA players.
    Dell Demps thinks because he can fill the team with G league players they will be able to keep Davis is laughable.
    Everyone around the league knows it but him.

Clark, Hill, Diallo, Williams, Miller, Johnson, Frazier.
    Half the bloody team wouldn't get minutes on 80% of the NBA's roster.

And don't give the excuse of that's all he could do with the money available.
    He #### in his back yard and he's been trying to clean it up for 4 years.
    Oh I forgot to add Okafor and Jackson to the list, but I have hope for Jackson yet if he is traded. He will fail under Gentry.

All this team needs is a new coach. They don’t need a Sunday morning guy who listens to Marvin Gaye and whistles on his way to work. They need someone to demand effort and hold them accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Man imagine if this team had a good coach
    It kind of boils down to this for me. No real excuses for Gentry not to have a solution for Payton by now. No real excuse for this abomination of a defense that Erman rolls with every night. It’s not worth the heartache knowing we are so close to something decent. We should be better and it’s the same broken record

Injuries no excuse https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/sta...66073515077638!

They are still Winning
    Last edited by AstroFire; 12-10-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It kind of boils down to this for me. No real excuses for Gentry not to have a solution for Payton by now. No real excuse for this abomination of a defense that Erman rolls with every night. It’s not worth the heartache knowing we are so close to something decent. We should be better and it’s the same broken record
    Ya I’m over the excuses as well

Somethings gotta change. At this point there’s no excuse for the lack of effort and awareness on the court especially on the defensive end. I could care less about injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Ya I’m over the excuses as well

Que the people who think that the missing players are capable of getting us over the top.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Celtics beat us without Irving, Hayward, or Horford. The Pels need a change. Coaching is obviously a huge issue with this team’s inconsistency.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 12-10-2018 at 11:27 PM.

I only want to see a trade for expiring contracts while getting rid of Solomon Hill. In the offseason, we fire Demps and Gentry, then do what it takes to hire John Calipari and a GM of his choosing to work as a team. We would finally have respectable leadership to pursue another all-star and offer Anthony Davis a supermax contract.

Erman needs to go. Perhaps tell Alvin to clean up his coaching staff if he wants to save his job? Does Gayle even care right now?

Celtics play only with 50 %off their squad and STILL get the win? This is depressing. #Pelslife

#NoDepth

Payton, Jrue, Randle, AD, Moore, Niko, Diallo, Miller, Hill, Frazier is not a bad top 10, its just the fact that we were missing 3 of them tonight.

The other problem is our shot just was not falling, Jrue is gassed after playing 40 minutes in Detroit. The 15th is coming soon, we should see a trade in the next week or 2, hopefully we can talk Washington into blowing it up and taking Hill, Wes, and Mirotic for Porter, Morris and Sato. Throw in a 1st rounder and a couple 2nds if needed.

Basketball Guru
    it was a back to back....starters were tired....payton,,moore were out and niko check in for some time....we were in the game but our shots were not falling,,no fire power,,no depth......boston has talent and their shots were falling from the 3 range...it was boston night...

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    Erman needs to go. Perhaps tell Alvin to clean up his coaching staff if he wants to save his job? Does Gayle even care right now?
    How involved is Ferry? Outside of him, who in management outside of Demps has any basketball knowledge?

Road loss on a back to back against a surging and talented Celtics squad (albeit, shorthanded) while were missing Payton, Moore and Mirotic isn't horrible. It's the losses to teams like Miami and the Knicks that kill you. Every team throws in a few clunkers against bad teams. But you can't have too many of them. So far the Pels inconsistency is cause for concern, not panic, though in a tight Western Conference race even a handful of bad losses could come back to cost you.

Like many of you I was hoping the Pels would get out to a fast start this year and claim their spot as one of the top four teams in the West. Early returns were promising, but more than 1/3rd of the way through the season they are bumping along at .500 and on the fringe of playoff contention. That's legitimately disappointing given where we finished last year. But truthfully we are playing this year a lot like we were playing last year at this time: Win one; lose one. Great one night. Terrible the next. It's deja vu all over again! Of course last year the team went on a fantastic run to finish the season which extended into the playoffs. Maybe history can repeat itself, but it would be nice if it didn't come down to that again.

Thread Information