Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: What will happen first?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • We fire our head coach

10 32.26%
  • We lose our franchise player

14 45.16%
  • Aliens contact us

7 22.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What happens first?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

What happens first?

TRADE:

PELS RECEIVE: Otto Porter SF, John Wall PG

WIZARDS RECEIVE: Niko, Moore, Wesley Johnson, Solomon Hill
    2019 unprotected 1st, 2021 unprotected 1st round pick. Throw in Frank Jackson if we have to.

You have:
    PG Wall
    SG Holiday
    SF Porter Jr
    PF Davis
    C Randle

Bench: Elfrid, Miller, Diallo, Jackson possibly.

Questions: Could we resign Randle and AD and still have a deep roster for 2020? Would the Wizards do this trade? Is Wall’s contract too much for the PELS to swallow? Are the PELS much better if they did this trade?

I think the Wizards would consider this offer. It gives them a lot of flexibility with potential to resign Niko and have two extra 1st round picks plus Moore is great value and has another year on his contract. They would have assets for the future and potentially a great chance to rebuild. They trade Wall, a player who has had a lot of conflict and a player who would be hard to trade because of his contract and many teams have PGs that are working well for them.

AD would be thrilled if we got Wall and Porter. We would have a huge upgrade at PG and SF. Porter is a very good 3 point shooter and defender. Wall would do just fine playing with Jrue and AD. He can do it all and we would be so much tougher to beat. Niko and Moore are luxuries. We already have Randle and AD and we would get a big SF who can shoot and play defense which is a bigger need. Moore is a blue collar SG who would be a backup to Jrue. We need better STARTERS. Frazier and Elfrid are not good enough. So, getting a multiple all star vet pg in Wall would change everything. I know y’all will be critical of this opinion but it makes sense to me. We have subpar players at PG and SF. We won’t keep AD if we can’t pull off a trade that addresses this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pelicanchamp; 12-12-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Giving up Niko and Moore and two unprotected firsts for a deal with John Walls albatross contract as the centrepiece? Nah.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Giving up Niko and Moore and two unprotected firsts for a deal with John Walls albatross contract as the centrepiece? Nah.
    This. Washington should be GIVING US the 1st taking back Wall and Porter. Both are overpaid and Wall might be top 5 worst deals in the league.

I'm not even sure that deal works. Wall and Porter is a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    TRADE:

PELS RECEIVE: Otto Porter SF, John Wall PG

WIZARDS RECEIVE: Niko, Moore, Wesley Johnson, Solomon Hill
    2019 unprotected 1st, 2021 unprotected 1st round pick. Throw in Frank Jackson if we have to.

You have:
    PG Wall
    SG Holiday
    SF Porter Jr
    PF Davis
    C Randle

Bench: Elfrid, Miller, Diallo, Jackson possibly.

Questions: Could we resign Randle and AD and still have a deep roster for 2020? Would the Wizards do this trade? Is Wall’s contract too much for the PELS to swallow? Are the PELS much better if they did this trade?

I think the Wizards would consider this offer. It gives them a lot of flexibility with potential to resign Niko and have two extra 1st round picks plus Moore is great value and has another year on his contract. They would have assets for the future and potentially a great chance to rebuild. They trade Wall, a player who has had a lot of conflict and a player who would be hard to trade because of his contract and many teams have PGs that are working well for them.

AD would be thrilled if we got Wall and Porter. We would have a huge upgrade at PG and SF. Porter is a very good 3 point shooter and defender. Wall would do just fine playing with Jrue and AD. He can do it all and we would be so much tougher to beat. Niko and Moore are luxuries. We already have Randle and AD and we would get a big SF who can shoot and play defense which is a bigger need. Moore is a blue collar SG who would be a backup to Jrue. We need better STARTERS. Frazier and Elfrid are not good enough. So, getting a multiple all star vet pg in Wall would change everything. I know y’all will be critical of this opinion but it makes sense to me. We have subpar players at PG and SF. We won’t keep AD if we can’t pull off a trade that addresses this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No way, we would have a 150+ million dollar roster once AD's supermax kicks in for just the 5 starters. That's just not feasible.

I like the home run mentality, but yeah as others have said, giving up any unprotected firsts in a deal like this is not realistic or wise.

The same trade without any 1sts involved, maybe a 2nd if needed, would be interesting. Although paying that much to AD/Wall/Porter/Jrue basically ensures not being able to re-sign Randle. Definitely interesting to think about.

What I want to know is this the John Wall the Pels will get from this season or has he always been a bad defender?

To be honest, I would say no to this trade if we were receiving the 2 firsts, much less giving them.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    What I want to know is this the John Wall the Pels will get from this season or has he always been a bad defender?
    It’s an offensive league now.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    It’s an offensive league now.
    Still need to be capable of playing decent defense. There's a reason all of the bottom of the bin teams just so happen to be the bottom of the defensive rating stats, with very few exceptions.

Thread Information