Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: November 28th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Washington Wizards - 10-11

That drive is what we need AD, stop settling for long jumpers!
    Basketball.

Aggressive AD so far this quarter, and it's paying off. He's got 7 in the quarter, going to the line for the FT can make it 8.

AD has 22, he's really caught fire tonight in this third.

Frazier is playing out of his mind

Jrue got blocked by the rim, kinda sad.

Man, if we had something like 10 turnovers now instead of 16, we'd be up BIG time. Landslide levels.

AD comes into the 3rd with 9 points and 8 rebounds. He currently has 25 points and 13 rebounds. Great quarter for him.

This game is way to close

Jrue has an incredibly efficient 21 tonight. Good to see.

Nikola!!!

Niko from RIDICULOUSLY deep!

Offense really ticking along here with some momentum

With 28/16 and basically 5 minutes left to play, AD could finish with a 30/20 game tonight.

Tim's play tonight shows how important it is for us to get our ELF off the shelf and back in the game

Nah, Jrue and AD sit down. AD has 28/16/3/2/2, good game after a slow first quarter. Jrue started hot with 14 in the first quarter, finishes with 29/6/5/1/1

Very happy for a 20+ point win here.

Finally a good win! Now its time for some W on the road!

Good game. Obviously The Wiz don’t play much D or rebound worth a damn, but still moving Jrue off ball was a welcome sight as was the pace Frazier imposed. You can’t expect Tim to double-double most nights and better teams will expose him on defense, but if he does nothing put keep the pace up, the turnovers down and Jrue at the Two, it’s an improvement.

he certainly helped push all game which was good, but the turnovers overall were still there (racked up 20). randle with 7, AD Jrue and tim with 3 each

Live ball turnovers are the real killers

12 assist to 3 turnovers is a ratio we can live with at PG. Randle is starting to venture into Boogie country with some of his turnovers. Think it’s time to retire the Point-Center concept for good...

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    12 assist to 3 turnovers is a ratio we can live with at PG. Randle is starting to venture into Boogie country with some of his turnovers. Think it’s time to retire the Point-Center concept for good...
    Yeah, because what Frazier did last night will be the norm.

Last night was a blip. Nothing was solved. They played a team that was off that had zero interest in playing defense and looked tired. That is not what they will face over the next 15-20 games Payton misses
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah, because what Frazier did last night will be the norm.

Last night was a blip. Nothing was solved. They played a team that was off that had zero interest in playing defense and looked tired. That is not what they will face over the next 15-20 games Payton misses
    I'm pretty certain that his comment was meant less a baseline expectation from Tim, and more as a response to the comment a few posts earlier in the thread that seemed to be criticising Tim for having 3 turnovers.

No need to get a bee in your bonnet.

Mine was less an individual player criticism and more team itself. I just highlighted the main culprits. I also raised it because it was spoken as if inserting Tim into the starting lineup fixed the turnover issue when it did nothing of the sort. MM is right though, any team that actually plays defense should shut tim down. and if he is the starter for the next month teams can plan for it as well. Washington didn't have a defensive anchor, so I don't imagine the free drives to the basket will be as readily available. The positive though was the pushing of pace, allowing the guys to get some easy buckets before defense could get set.

Tim surprised the hell out of me last night. I’d be pleased with him if he gave us a version of that performance every time he stepped on the court.
    RIP FlyGirl

Thread Information