Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: November 28th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Washington Wizards - 10-11

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Incredibly mediocre game for AD so far. Rebounding well, but that's about it.
    Too much smoke for me

Trade request coming in 3,2,1

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Too much smoke for me

Trade request coming in 3,2,1
    How dare you make me read this, with my own eyes?
    Basketball.

Pleasantly surprised by Frazier this game. After stinking it up every time he touched the court for his last 6 appearances, he's actually produced.

TIM GOAT????

A playable Frazier makes a difference for sure

A playable Frazier makes a difference for sure
    After putting up a total of 2 points in his previous 52 total minutes, he's put up 10 points tonight in 14 minutes. Weird difference.

Finally a nice run!

AD GETS THE BLOCK, FRAZIER RUNS FULLCOURT FOR THE DIME TO RANDLE

PELS LOOK FUN AGAIN

It’s amazing how much of difference Jrue makes when he’s playing off ball.

Gotta give AD his props there too, he had a pretty unremarkable first 8 minutes of the game or so, but in the 7 he's played since he really turned it on. Had some good screens, put up 7 points and 4 rebounds, blocked Oubre again, got a third block that he wasn't credited for, and made some smart passes.

After putting up a total of 2 points in his previous 52 total minutes, he's put up 10 points tonight in 14 minutes. Weird difference.
    Yeah plus the extra ball handler helps Jrue so much

Yeah plus the extra ball handler helps Jrue so much
    Yeah that too, but I don't really credit that too much to Frazier in particular. Any other ball handler helps Jrue out a ton. It's more Frazier's particular performance that deserves props, I think.

Yeah that too, but I don't really credit that too much to Frazier in particular. Any other ball handler helps Jrue out a ton. It's more Frazier's particular performance that deserves props, I think.
    That's the thing. There isn't anyone else

Tim is pushing the ball nuch like Rondo did. This is what I expected from Frank

That's the thing. There isn't anyone else
    I'm aware that there aren't exactly a glut of options on our team. I'm just saying that while yes, Jrue being off-ball helps him a lot, I don't think it's fair to credit that to Frazier specifically. That he works best off-ball is a fact about Jrue, and his game. Wouldn't matter if it was Frazier, or Satoransky, or Payton, or Tony Parker playing the PG spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Tim is pushing the ball nuch like Rondo did. This is what I expected from Frank
    Frank is fast but he plays with the sort of confidence you expect from a rookie. He needs to learn that by pushing the pace, the team must follow. Right now, he seems afraid to run base-line to base-line, in case he leaves the team behind, and so he isn't quite decisive enough. It will come with time.

Good on Tim. We are awful without a floor general, so it may be a necessary change.

I'm aware that there aren't exactly a glut of options on our team. I'm just saying that while yes, Jrue being off-ball helps him a lot, I don't think it's fair to credit that to Frazier specifically. That he works best off-ball is a fact about Jrue, and his game. Wouldn't matter if it was Frazier, or Satoransky, or Payton, or Tony Parker playing the PG spot.
    There's 0 other options for playmakers. None. Zip. Nada

If all we needed was for him to plat point he would be great, but we need him EVERYWHERE.

Liking that time out by Gentry. Can't let that slow creep of mediocrity take over.

There's 0 other options for playmakers. None. Zip. Nada
    Re-read the first sentence of the post you responded to.

If all we needed was for him to plat point he would be great, but we need him EVERYWHERE.
    I take it back AGAIN

Totally. He can give us 25, or be our lead guard, or guard the opponent's best player. He can't do all three, every game.

Re-read the first sentence of the post you responded to.
    You said there aren't a glut of options, there's none

You said there aren't a glut of options, there's none
    I was using ironic understatement. I thought it was pretty obvious.

Thread Information