Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: November 28th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Washington Wizards - 10-11

Pelicans November 28th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Washington Wizards - 10-11

After losing to the Wizards on the road, we see them again tonight at home in New Orleans, as we look to right the ship after an uncomfortable losing streak. With Bradley Beal coming out asking for a trade, it appears that the Wizards are officially breaking down, and hopefully we can take advantage of that crumbling team unity to get us a much needed win.

Hasn't been long since we played them, so I'll just give a quick rundown of their team qualities:

Offensive Rating: 12th
    Defensive Rating: 29th
    Assists Per Game: 18th
    Rebounds Per Game: 26th
    Steals Per Game: 10th
    Blocks Per Game: 2nd
    3pt %: 28th
    2pt %: 5th

Not only are they a poor rebounding team in general, but Dwight Howard is still out right now, leaving their leading rebounder as Otto Porter, who is averaging 5.2 boards per game. They have quality scoring depth, with 6 players averaging double figures, but they aren't a great shooting team. Of course, we aren't a great team at defending the long ball, so we won't have the ability to just exploit their poor ability behind the arc with late closeouts.

What do we need out of tonight to win? Simple: as with every game we've lost recently, there are two things we need to really work on. One is consistent defense, and one is turnovers. We've got a tendency right now to have 8 turnovers in one quarter, and 1 turnover the next. That's unsustainable, and leads to the jerky, stop-and-start quality our offense has had recently. The defense has a similar problem: we'll play great for three possessions, force shotclock violations and close the gap in the opponent's lead, before falling asleep at the wheel for five straight possessions and losing it again. We don't need to do anything new, we just need to do what we've been doing with consistency. A struggling Wizard's team should be a good chance for us to get back on track.

#DoItBig
    Basketball.

Frazier starting?? Oh the horror that's about to ensue

They want me dead

Me: we need to play more consistent defense.

Pelicans: gotcha, we'll start Tim Frazier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Me: we need to play more consistent defense.

Pelicans: gotcha, we'll start Tim Frazier.
    We need a PG. That's why Frazier is starting.

Last game it was painfully obvious to everyone that we can't ask Jrue to run the entire offense and guard the best player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We need a PG. That's why Frazier is starting.

Last game it was painfully obvious to everyone that we can't ask Jrue to run the entire offense and guard the best player.
    I don't disagree that we need a PG. I just despair that it has to be Tim Frazier, a man who can't defend anyone, and who can't score on anyone either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't disagree that we need a PG. I just despair that it has to be Tim Frazier, a man who can't defend anyone, and who can't score on anyone either.
    Isaiah Canaan is available

Jrue has started this game in such dynamic fashion.

Oubre really tried that. He reaaaaally tried that. Thought AD was a dunk target.

Jrue has 11 early, he's on fire.

Much better energy and effort tonight . AD is running base line to baseline forcing the defense to run with him and we are collapsing the paint on the defensive end. They are running though sets and are taking good shots

This is how they should look every night . I can watch this
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

A good first quarter comming up?

Hill did a good thing somehow

Have no idea what happens from now but we are playing reasonable defense

Strange being up in the first quarter, I like it though.

Man We have so many stupid turnovers.

Terrible lineup, We are giving away rebounds and turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Have no idea what happens from now but we are playing reasonable defense
    I take it back

Man, Tim Frazier guarding Morris might be the most disgusting thing I've seen all week.

We just aren't going to be a playoff quality team while Clark and Frazier are playing meaningful minutes... same goes for Hill. I know we are done Elf and Frank but Alvin needs to do a better job of keeping ball-handlers in the rotation. Etwaun has played plenty of the 1 before (at other teams) and was far superior at it than Clark and Frazier have ever been. Have him handle the ball and switch him off the ball on defense...

We were pretty bad at finishing quarters with Jrue and Rondo... we have to have a ball-handler to throw it too and run a pick n roll or iso play. Frazier, Hill and Clark are not that person

Not sure that was an offensive- went down very easily and no clear separation on Julius' part

Please put AD and Jrue back in.

Our guards are such boneheaded passers

It never stops

Incredibly mediocre game for AD so far. Rebounding well, but that's about it.

Thread Information