Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: November 26th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Boston Celtics - 10-10

Holy ********

I wonder how many rebounds, offensive and defensive, including contested, you need to get before you're considered to be giving effort on rebounding?
    Basketball.

AD didn't contest that at all, from Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Sounds legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I wonder how many rebounds, offensive and defensive, including contested, you need to get before you're considered to be giving effort on rebounding?
    Stats will never give you the whole picture. Davis will always put up great numbers . Anyone watching the game can see his effort isn’t there on a nightly basis.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Rockets lost in OT to the Wiz, but Spurs and Minny won

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Stats will never give you the whole picture. Davis will always put up great numbers . Anyone watching the game can see his effort isn’t there on a nightly basis.
    I am watching the game. He has 16 rebounds right now. I haven't been counting, but if I had to guess, I'm saying at least 7 of them have been heavily contested effort rebounds.

Folks have to remember AD is a new dad now too. So let's not forget players personal life.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Folks have to remember AD is a new dad now too. So let's not forget players personal life.
    Does he have 6 kids like that poster here?

I am watching the game. He has 16 rebounds right now. I haven't been counting, but if I had to guess, I'm saying at least 7 of them have been heavily contested effort rebounds.
    I’ve seen at least 4 uncontested Al Harford shots in this quarter.

AD is a great player . No doubt about that but his effort is not consistently there. I’ve watched just about all the Pels/Hornets games since they have arrived in Nola .

Down the ladder we go

Pels lack of quality depth is being exposed tonight by this deep Celtics team. Demps has his work cut out for him this season.

What really grinds my gears here is that we're going to lose by something like 13 or 15 points.

We have 22 turnovers.

If we just had something like 16 turnovers, which is still too many we probably win tonight, because they've scored on basically every turnover.

What really grinds my gears here is that we're going to lose by something like 13 or 15 points.

We have 22 turnovers.

If we just had something like 16 turnovers, which is still too many we probably win tonight, because they've scored on basically every turnover.
    We need another PG badly. The turnovers are a big issue

It's just not good enough when we shoot 30+ three pointers and only 44 2 pointers.

We are a decent three point shooting team, but our strength is inside play. We have Moore, Miller, Niko, who can all hit the three and are threats, but why is the entire team settling for 25 foot jumpers? What is that about?

We need another PG badly. The turnovers are a big issue
    We needed Elfrid Payton to not sprain his ankle and then immediately break his finger.

It's not the depth. Our starters are getting out hustled. There is no denying the lack of intensity. I mean, it's mostly missing Payton. PG is so important to ball handling and pace. But this team is bipolar as all get out. There will be a string of games where it is all energy and motivation. And then stretches where you swear all their dogs and cats died.

But this one was almost focus and energy.

It's just not good enough when we shoot 30+ three pointers and only 44 2 pointers.

We are a decent three point shooting team, but our strength is inside play. We have Moore, Miller, Niko, who can all hit the three and are threats, but why is the entire team settling for 25 foot jumpers? What is that about?
    Gentry has given the subpar shooters the green light to chuck up bad shots. This team is so confused just like him.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 11-26-2018 at 09:26 PM.

We needed Elfrid Payton to not sprain his ankle and then immediately break his finger.
    Even with elf we need another PG. After Payton and Jrue we don’t have a legit ball handler. Gentry is trying to get but witnessed randle , Moore , Clark etc brining the ball up but that’s not going to work . Clark and Moore need to be filling it up on the wings not being our primary ball handlers

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It's not the depth. Our starters are getting out hustled. There is no denying the lack of intensity. I mean, it's mostly missing Payton. PG is so important to ball handling and pace. But this team is bipolar as all get out. There will be a string of games where it is all energy and motivation. And then stretches where you swear all their dogs and cats died.

But this one was almost focus and energy.
    Nailed it . We have lost the majority of our games this season simply due to a lack of focus and energy. That’s on our players and that’s inexcusable for pro athletes.

I don’t think the Celtics are that great but they were every where tonight . We played so lazy tonight and that’s what’s bugging me . You are going to lose games .. sometimes your shot ain’t falling or the other team just clearly better than you but we are losing to many games because of effort.

Nailed it . We have lost the majority of our games this season simply due to a lack of focus and energy. That’s on our players and that’s inexcusable for pro athletes.

I don’t think the Celtics are that great but they were every where tonight . We played so lazy tonight and that’s what’s bugging me . You are going to lose games .. sometimes your shot ain’t falling or the other team just clearly better than you but we are losing to many games because of effort.
    It's so annoying because we have had comebacks. We have had games where we played badly and got put into holes, but we have won it through grit and hard work. We have had games where we have had to show integrity. When that happened we all patted ourselves on the backs and said that you'll take wins, even if they're ugly.

Couple of games later, shots still aren't falling, but that defense we had earlier on in the season, that grit that we switched on is gone. We can't turn it on. The team is clearly exhausted.

Jrue is having to be the lead guard, as well as defend the other teams best player, as well as having to be a 20ppg scorer, as well as play basically 40mpg. He's clearly just running on empty.

AD is being asked to put up 30/15/5 basically every night just for us to come close. He's pretty much doing it too, but it means he's having to play 50-70% on defense, and that means we're getting killed inside by teams with mediocre offenses.

Randle is being asked to be the entire bench. Again, he's coming pretty close to doing it, but when he has an off night like tonight, our entire bench disappears and it's not like we have depth to fall back on.

We need Payton back, or some other guard. With that responsibility taken off Jrue, he can focus more on defense and scoring without having to run the entire offense. With Jrue breaking down defenses, suddenly AD's job gets easier and he can devote more energy on defense. With him flying around on defense, suddenly everything changes. We need another guard so badly.

Jrue is playing hard but is really loose with the ball. Stupid no-look passes. NOBODY else made any effort to go to the basket. Even Randle was hovering at the arc all night. Pathetic level of effort, especially on the glass. We did not box out or jump on many occasions. Niko gave up more open 3s than he made. Davis looked like someone pissed in his pre-game corn flakes, pouting all night long. I also had to watch Solomon Hill and Tim Frazier touch a basketball. This was the crappiest home game of the year! So far....

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Pels lack of quality depth is being exposed tonight by this deep Celtics team. Demps has his work cut out for him this season.
    Honestly we have depth, just not well distributed. We have arguably the best big man rotation in the league and probably one of the best SG rotations you could ask for with lots of quality depth and young talent all the way to the end of the roster on both those fronts.

We all knew coming into the season how thin we were at the point, and SF, and sure enough, in classic Pels style, we lose the starting player(Payton) at our second most shallow position(and arguably one of the most important positions in a Gentry offense) and the starting player(Hill) at our most shallow position has been benched in favor of a journeyman on the backside of his career.

I agree Demps has his work cut out for him. We arguably need one more star and need to more evenly distribute the talent of this roster. And probably the double edged curse of this season is how wide open the west actually has become, which means far fewer sellers than expected. Far more viable landing spots in the buy-out market. Potentially far more buyers driving up the price of players we probably could of afforded in a more typical season.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-26-2018 at 10:13 PM.

So Mr. Wall had a great game last night...

Thread Information