Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: November 26th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Boston Celtics - 10-10

Pelicans November 26th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Boston Celtics - 10-10

Welp, back to .500. And, thankfully, back home, where our record is the pleasantly brilliant 8-1. Right now, I respond to road trips the way dogs respond to chocolate, so hopefully we can get another win at home to make up for it.

Tonight, we face the similarly 10-10 Boston Celtics. They are the complete mirror image of us: right now, we are the 5th best offense, and the 24th best defense. The Celtics are the 27th best offense, and the 3rd best defense. So, with the same record, they are just the Bizarro World Pelicans.

The Boston Celtics have lost 4 of their last 5, and of their 10 losses, 8 have been on the road. So, that's already good reason for us to be positive. Secondly, their leading scorer is a guard, which means we can stick Jrue Holiday on him. That's another good reason to be positive.

What are the Celtics good at? Well, they're 11th in turnovers and 14th in fouls, so they are fairly clean. They're ranked 10th in both rebounds and assists, so they're in the upper echelons in that regard as well. They're 11th in steals and 15th in blocks, so they got those auxiliary stats too.

What are the Celtics bad at? Well, putting the ball in the hoop. They're 28th in overall FG%, 25th in 2pt%, 19th in 3pt%, and 14th in FT%. Their leading scorer is Kyrie Irving, averaging a little under 22ppg. They rebound well as a team, but that's just rebounding by committee: their actual leading rebounder is Jayson Tatum, averaging only 6.6 per game.

How do we win? Simple: play our game, and limit turnovers. They are 10th in both rebounds and assists? We're better, at 4th and 3rd respectively. We're 6th in FG%, 9th in 2pt%, and 16th in 3pt%, so we score better, as indicated by our much superior offensive rating. All we need to do is play some defense for once, which shouldn't be too big of an ask against one of the most impotent offenses in the league.

We dothat, and we move to 11-10, over .500 again. Let's go get it, and #DoItBig
    Basketball.

Is AD playing tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Is AD playing tonight?
    I believe so, yes.

Good defense on that first possession. Jrue swats Smart.

I've seen it happen for the last two seasons, every long pass we throw gets stolen. Stop throwing full court passes when there is ANY defender in the vicinity. Just stop.

4 turnovers in 4 minutes. Pels.

Another terrible start. Lord have a mercy...

No one moving just ball watching and shooting nothing but jumpers

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

We don't need a wing. We need a PG. Bad.

You guys just see Tatum clank that jumper? He's only 20 guys.

Currently on pace for 60 turnovers this game nice, nice.

7 turnovers in 6 minutes. One of the league's worse offenses on pace for 44 points in the first quarter. We're shooting 3 of 8, which isn't that bad in terms of percentages, but then you realise that we've only had 8 shots because we've turned it over so much. Boston has taken 15 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Currently on pace for 60 turnovers this game nice, nice.
    #newrecords

Guys relax, We are not playing on the road! LOL.

Wth was ad doing on D there geezus man this team looks sad

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We don't need a wing. We need a PG. Bad.
    We need a pg, a wing and a center, asap.

Can we take the damn ball to the basket I mean geezus

And Solomon Hill checks in.

God help us.

Oh god no seriously well gentry has now lost his mind

Kyrie Irving is insisting that that was a pass, not a shot. Refs listening.

Refs literally taking advice from the dude who thinks the earth is flat.

AD forced into a clumsy drive because Miller didn't take the open 3, and passed instead.

Miller! You can shoot! Really well! Do that!

Still trash.

Well, the good news is that in the last 6 minutes, we only had 1 turnover and held the Celtics to only 12 points.

The bad news is that in the first 6 minutes, we had 7 turnovers and got outscored 22-9, and because of that we're down 34-21 after one.

no D equals no W

Unwatchable

Thread Information