Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis wants trade with FOUR teams on list

Rumor Anthony Davis wants trade with FOUR teams on list

*sigh*

Read it for what it's worth, but I've already seen several articles about this.

I'm really trying to find ways to be optimistic, but I just can't find or see a way to keep AD at this point tbh...He has already given us 6 seasons to prove him right, but yet we haven't done anything successful. That's not saying we haven't tried to do anything, because we have.

I can't even blame him at this point.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othe...armelo-Anthony
    https://pelicandebrief.com/2018/11/2...s-trade-watch/
    https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/20...s-new-orleans/
    https://nesn.com/2018/11/anthony-dav...on-trade-list/
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 11-26-2018 at 01:51 AM.

Did you read the articles? They are all based on an article Sheridan wrote before the season started and then retweeted the other night.

Move along, nothing to see here.

At least, not yet...

Wow, I was shocked and fairly upset for the 30 seconds it took me to read the thread and find out it's nonsense.
    Basketball.

I don't care if you're blind, but signs point this man wants out.Can't blame him, I'm sure Demps tryed, but is unable to put a team that can compete.

Y'all are worse than old ladies drinking bourbon. All crap talking all the time.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    I don't care if you're blind, but signs point this man wants out.Can't blame him, I'm sure Demps tryed, but is unable to put a team that can compete.
    Not agreeing with your premise at all but the Hell you mean can’t blame him? Best team he’s been on since he got here. He wants out, he’s a phallus and dead to me.

Sometimes I think other fan bases have more faith in the Pels than our own “fans” do...SMH.

Such a fickle fan base you guys are. Like a bi-polar gf I used to have.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Such a fickle fan base you guys are. Like a bi-polar gf I used to have.
    It's pretty tame here, at least. On TigerDroppings it's so damn toxic.

Basketball Guru
    some of yall may be better off just cheering for the name on the front of the jersey....team go 10-72 im still a pelican fan....AD stay or leave,,im still a pelican fan...im happy if we are the 8th seed every year because we are in the playoffs and anything can happen.....im happy my city has a team that i can go to and enjoy.....yes, i get mad and vent sometimes but players coming and going dont stress me out at all because im all about the team....

The fact isyes, it sucks when we lose. We've been losing a lot recently, and that is bad. But you've got to consider: we are 20 games in. Basically a quarter. Deciding that this season is over and we should sell the shop at this point is like getting 29 minutes through the 2 hour run of Citizen Kane and deciding it's a trash movie that's not worth watching.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    If AD wants out then trade him. We can trade him and get lucky and get Zion in the draft. Who knows. I don’t believe any reports until I hear it from Woj. Send AD to ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I disagree. I won't lie both sites can be toxic but PR takes it self waaaay to seriously and often be last getting the news. Both sites have it's pros and cons though
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The fact isyes, it sucks when we lose. We've been losing a lot recently, and that is bad. But you've got to consider: we are 20 games in. Basically a quarter. Deciding that this season is over and we should sell the shop at this point is like getting 29 minutes through the 2 hour run of Citizen Kane and deciding it's a trash movie that's not worth watching.
    I agree and disagree. I think it’s way too early to be slitting our wrists and calling it over. My biggest issue is that this team still looks as mediocre as it did the past year. You can argue that the Payton injury f’ed everything up (and I’d kinda agree), but we sure as hell have regressed from what we were at the end of last year. We look dysfunctional and that has to change. I’d like to see us take the reigns this time instead of waiting till the last minute to start playing ball and ending up with a crappy playoff seed.

Not agreeing with your premise at all but the Hell you mean can’t blame him? Best team he’s been on since he got here. He wants out, he’s a phallus and dead to me.
    This is where my mindset is.....IF this is truly how AD feels with the current roster, then, yeah, trade him now while you can get assets back because he doesn't have what it takes to make a championship team. We've had some injuries that have held us back. I really think Payton is that important to us. We need ball control. But healthy we are a great team. Just missing AD having that LeBron and Curry ability to take over games. If he can't do that with this team then he is more of a Durant. Someone you have to attach to a champion to win. If this is how he feels, he's the one actually holding us back.

All that being said, I don't think AD is really like that and this is all clickbait.

Almost halfway through last season we were 20-20. We see how that turned out. We have been slammed with a lot of smaller nagging injuries so far this year. Chill, we have no idea how this will all work out.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I agree and disagree. I think it’s way too early to be slitting our wrists and calling it over. My biggest issue is that this team still looks as mediocre as it did the past year. You can argue that the Payton injury f’ed everything up (and I’d kinda agree), but we sure as hell have regressed from what we were at the end of last year. We look dysfunctional and that has to change. I’d like to see us take the reigns this time instead of waiting till the last minute to start playing ball and ending up with a crappy playoff seed.
    I don't think you're wrong: we do look very mediocre right now, and that isn't great. We will need to improve, especially in this West, but my point was basically your earlier point. That is, we aren't great right now and injuries have been a part of that. We will need to improve. But it's not the end of the world and some people are acting like we're 10-35 or something.

Basketball Guru
    i agree that this is the best team AD has have since being here.....AD has a big 4 with jrue,,niko,,randall and himself...all 4 of them are double double players.....

moore has have multiple games of 30pts....payton can give us a double double and he add to the rebounding.....miller and johnson contribute to scoring.....

if the big 4 hit their avg.a night with everyone playing their part this team can score 120+ with just the 8 man rotation...if we can trade some of the unusable bench players for a backup PG that can run the team and a SG/SF combo player that can add to the scoring, we could have a solid 10 man rotation that gentry will play....

to me injuries and depth are our main problems and the depth can be fix...we just have to get good luck with the injuries.....and we have to get a killer instinct and cut teams head off and take the soul out of them lol..

and i still believe that we are a top 4 team...go pels...

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I disagree. I won't lie both sites can be toxic but PR takes it self waaaay to seriously and often be last getting the news. Both sites have it's pros and cons though
    I like both sites. I haven't registered to talk on Tigerdroppings but definitely news hits there first. We have a few "the sky has fallen" people but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think just enjoy the games and AD and if he moves on then so be it, life goes on. I personally don't think he goes anywhere till he gets his big contract especially since he doesn't have a lot of big endorsement deals.

I can't do TigerDroppings. It's dreadful. There is literally no open discussion on the team being bad or good. All I really know that Coach O isn't going to do much. He's not smart and he's in the wrong era to be successful. It's gonna be nuclear if Texas ends up in the playoffs. The only time that I honestly feel hatred towards coach O when he throw the kids under the bus for the Bama game and took no accountability. Still think Ed is a smug pos from his time on the Saints. Other than that, he is solid.

Most fans on the outside actually look down on the Pelicans inability to build a team or make the right move for AD. Everything from Evans, ANDERSON 2 1ST Asik, and etc. You guys are pretty half full minus this AD is leaving hysteria. Sometimes it gets old when team is clearly lacking talent. I love this squad and just need to develop and add one more piece in the offseason.

If AD wants out we will get players and picks which in all likelihood make us a better team long term. That being said, the guys just need put in more work on the defensive side of their games. Way to easy to score on this team. Players don't pay attention to their assignments because they figure we have so many ways to score that we'll just come back. Problem is by then the other team has their mojo going and it isn't so easy. This road trip was a classic example. Instead of going 0-3, the worst should have been 2-1. Erman can put together a solid plan. The players have to execute.

John Calipari
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I'd rather keep him but we lost CP3 and survived. Soooo...

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Thread Information