Crowder
    Bazemore
    Ariza
    Carroll
    J. Harris
    Korver
    J. Simmons
    T. Ross

I took my wife to the movies last night and missed the entire game. So glad I did because these Pels road trips this year have been stressful lol. All I can hope for now is that they continue to be a good team at home, since I’ve spent all this money on season tickets. *sigh*
    RIP FlyGirl

Only thing worse than being a bad road team would be being a terrible home team. That would kill a franchise like ours

(that loss to Sactown in December last year still haunts my dreams. Come to think of it, so does the New York one. Man we struggle with the Knicks bad for some reason)
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-25-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think I've said this before, but I guess I've got to say it again: the most frustrating part of losses is the immediate outpour of hideously bad takes.
    You cant seriously think AD is doing anything more than giving a half hearted effort so far this year right?

The AD we seen after the all star break last year is the guy we need to be a leader, the AD we've gotten so far this year is nowhere close to that

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    You cant seriously think AD is doing anything more than giving a half hearted effort so far this year right?

The AD we seen after the all star break last year is the guy we need to be a leader, the AD we've gotten so far this year is nowhere close to that
    I agree, and AD hasn't been a top three player this year so far when we know he can be. But saying he's not even top ten is pretty ridiculous, and I'm not contemplating trading him before it's even January.

AD has been disappointing because he DOES have the ability to be the best player in the league, and he hasn't been. That doesn't mean that he's just been objectively awful, because he hasn't. He's been really good. Just not as good as he can be, as a result of inconsistent effort, particularly on defense.
    Basketball.

It's almost like AD has had a string a bad luck injuries that has hampered his game...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's almost like AD has had a string a bad luck injuries that has hampered his game...
    That is also true, and is a factor.

Might be reading too much into things, but I haven't seen AD crack a smile on court once. Always looks pissed off

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Might be reading too much into things, but I haven't seen AD crack a smile on court once. Always looks pissed off
    You are suffering from recency bias. AD has smiled tons in games. Just hard to smile when you lose.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    lol im going say may be on TV they dont show him smiling but in person at the games he does smile and take the serious look off when he does a highlight or when he is on the bench when the team is rolling..man dude be on the court having fun sometimes...i understand you are a lil angry at AD right now lol....

i think he jinx himself talking about all that mvp stuff....maybe he will be healthy and turn it on after the allstar break....

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    With a touch of confirmation bias. You are looking for reasons to believe Anthony Davis doesn't want to be here...because you might already think Anthony Davis doesn't want to be here.

Bruh wished we could have went a lil harder for jimmy...
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    With a touch of confirmation bias. You are looking for reasons to believe Anthony Davis doesn't want to be here...because you might already think Anthony Davis doesn't want to be here.
    It was just an observation as I said, but happy to be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Bruh wished we could have went a lil harder for jimmy...
    Really tho. Butler is such a winner. Would've been worth the gamble. Jrue/Jimmy defense tandem would've been something to behold.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    The reason we don't have Butler is because we didn't want to give up Holiday, so the idea of the Jrue/Jimmy defensive combo goes out the window right away. Butler is great but it would've been more of a lateral move at best. Starting Ian Clark at PG is probably worse than starting Wesley Johnson at SF (maybe?).

Thread Information