Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: November 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ New York Knicks - 10-8

Pelicans November 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ New York Knicks - 10-8

Coming off a real gut-punch of a loss to the now 10-0 at home Philadelphia 76ers, we move on to New York, to take on the steaming garbage heap that is the Knicks.

I'm not going to go over TOO many of the stats, because it hasn't been that long since we last beat the Knicks back at home. But, just because they've played a little more since then, here are the updated stats.

ORTG: 21st in the league.
    DRTG: 27th in the league.
    Rebounds: 7th in the league.
    Assists: 27th in the league.
    Stls + Blocks: 10th and 17th.
    Turnovers + Fouls: 27th and 28th.

They are 1 for their last 7 games, and their leading scorer is a Tim Hardaway Jr who's shooting 42% from the field and is averaging less than 3 assists per game as their primary ball handler.

Not too much else to go over here: this should be a pretty good win, if we do even 80% of what we are capable of. AD is the best player on either team, Jrue is the second best player on either team, and with how they're playing this season, Randle might be the third best player on either team. The only real thing we need to watch is rebounds, and making sure we crash the offensive glass. Otherwise, they shouldn't put up too much resistance.

Let's get back to winning: I predicted us to be 15-8 after 23 games, and we're 10-8 now. Don't make me to be a liar #DoItBig
    Basketball.

Jrue with the ten point quarter, no misses. He's just going for it.

Finally a good start?

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Finally a good start?
    I mean, the defense hasn't been amazing but it's been solid. Turnovers still suck, but at least we aren't letting them score on them all. Otherwise, yeah pretty good.

Much better start from AD tonight. 7pts, 4rbs early, and 2 other great contested tap outs on the boards.

You mean Clark can't guard anyone who knew lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Don't like seeing Mitchell Robinson get that rim run. Nobody was on him. I get that AD was giving help defense on the perimeter, but if he's going to give help there, someone needs to rotate. If nobody is free to rotate, don't help.

Off course We are dead last on the opponent 3pts %. Can We please guard the 3 points Line?? This is bad

Loving Nikos fight there for those offensive boards. Gotta have that grit against a top ten rebounding team.

Great defense from Frank there on Burke, very good.

Nice end of the first Q. Keep it guys!

Can't start the second quarter 0-7 to the Knicks. That's unacceptable. Need a bucket.

Terrible start of the 2q

On a side note, I have the MSG feed. I love Walt Frazier but my goodness he is bad as the analyst.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

TERRIBLE just TERRIBLE.

Stunned at how haphazard this second quarter is .

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    On a side note, I have the MSG feed. I love Walt Frazier but my goodness he is bad as the analyst.
    He's like everyone's lovely grandparent who is super friendly and cheerful but who also checked out in 1974 and never came back.

So basically they all decided to take the second quarter off instead of the first lol

Awise from your gwave AD

Absolute shambles

Moore having his worst game so far this season. 14 minutes, 0 points, 0 three point shots taken, 3 turnovers.

You can't fight that hard for that many offensive rebounds and then just let them get an uncontested layup.

That kills the morale.

A fade away ad really?

Why couldn't we hafe drafted Trier instead of Carr

New York Knick players when they travel

''Ayyy, I'm walkin 'ere!''

No? Okay.

Thread Information