Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: November 19th - New Orleans Pelicans vs San Antonio Spurs - 9-7

Pelicans November 19th - New Orleans Pelicans vs San Antonio Spurs - 9-7

Third game in four nights, let's go.

Pelicans are currently 7-1 at home after beating Denver off the backs of AD's second consecutive 40 point game, as well as 20/10 games from both Randle and Mirotic. Let's hope AD can do it again: if he scores at least 35 tonight, he becomes the first New Orleans Pelican to ever reach 10k career points, as well as the 8th youngest player to ever hit 10k points for any franchise. Not too bad for a guy who wasn't projected to be a scorer when he came into the league.

Last time we played the Spurs, we were in San Antonio, and we lost. It wasn't a nice game. It was a double digit loss, AD only had 17 points (although 5 blocks was nice) and the entire team shot poorly. We were only 29% from 3, and AD/Randle/Clark combined to shoot 9/26 from the floor. Of course, last time we were on the road, AD was coming back off injury, and they were on a three game winning streak when they hit us. This time, we're at home, AD has been on fire recently, and we've won 5 of our last six.

The San Antonio Spurs are a team we have to beat at home. It's understandable losing to them on the road, but at home, we need to win. They are a middling team: an 8-7 record is solid, but they're the kind of team who has beaten Phoenix by 30, and also lost to Phoenix by 20. That's just how they are. They're 14th in offensive rating, and 13th in defensive rating. They're 27th in both steals and blocks, 20th in rebounds, and 21st in assists. They're 29th in 2pt%, but 5th in 3pt%. They are 1st in turnovers and 1st in PFs.

What does that tell us? Well, they're not going to hammer you in the paint, they aren't a great offensive or defensive team, they don't rack up assists, and they aren't going to kill you on the boards. But they're also not going to beat themselves. They won't throw the ball away, and they won't give you a million FTAs. They are a sound team, and they're the kind of team that you can lose to easily if you take them lightly, even if you definitely should win.

So yeah, that's about it. If we execute, this should be easy to put away. If we fall apart, this will be a surefire loss. We don't need fireworks, we just need to play our game, and play it properly, and we should walk out of this 10-7.

#DoItBig
    Basketball.

Another opportunity to win the city. I am telling ya, all Friday night the crowd was waiting and waiting to explode and they did. Really impressed with the crowds - enthusiasm wise. Especially at games before Christmas. Keep winning at home. I will relax at some point.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Nice to see Niko put the ball in the basket early

second time cunningham has killlled the pels

Moore is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    second time cunningham has killlled the pels
    I mean ad half heartedly challenged that so I guess so

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I mean ad half heartedly challenged that so I guess so

? has a quick 8 points

Dear god Clarks in lol

pels dont even try to guard the 3 pt line. tough to watch

I mean, come on refs? AD obviously gets fouled on the shot attempt, next play Derozan obviously travels, both uncalled leading to a Spurs bucket.

Is Cunningham is on drugs everytime when he plays vs Pels? This is depressing when he is on fire. And of course, they are getting everything from deep, I mean everything. Jesus Christ... Make them run, they play yesterday!

Cunningham frustrates me when he's so hot against us. Never strung two consecutive buckets together when he was in a Pels uniform, can't miss when he's a Spur.

Geezus they just sling their head it's a foul

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Spurs have a reputation as a clean team, so the refs don't even watch them. They foul just as much as any other team, but never get called.

anyone know why/how darren erman is employed?

Geezus Christ the refs are about to give then 30 fts in the forst quarter wth

Coach Pop got all the refs on payroll

Far too many players on this team that cannot create.
    I can only think of 2.

Still no defence, no rebounds and turnovers... Can we please play a clean 1 quarter?

I mean really? They get touched foul we get mauled nothing

It's a sad day in hell when AD can get mauled play after play to the sound of silence, whereas Rudy Gay gets whistle after whistle in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's a sad day in hell when AD can get mauled play after play to the sound of silence, whereas Rudy Gay gets whistle after whistle in New Orleans.
    He needs to stop crying about it and play through it.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Far too many players on this team that cannot create.
    I can only think of 2.
    This is the biggest issue for us right now. Payton’s injuries are not helping in the least. We went from needing a wing to desperately needing a lead guard.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    He needs to stop crying about it and play through it.
    Good advice, I think that's a first.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Good advice, I think that's a first.
    Yeah because complaining has ever made a ref change his mind.

Thread Information