Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Pels interested in trading for Otto Porter

Julius seemed pretty gushing in his praise for the team and saying it's the perfect spot for him after the game

Maybe he really wants to stay despite surely taking unders next season?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Julius seemed pretty gushing in his praise for the team and saying it's the perfect spot for him after the game

I 100% believe Randle wants to stay here. The problem is we can only offer him around $11m for next season. If another team offers him 20-25m plus multiple years he could be looking at a nearly 4yr/100m contract signing. That's super hard to turn down even if you love where you're at.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I 100% believe Randle wants to stay here. The problem is we can only offer him around $11m for next season. If another team offers him 20-25m plus multiple years he could be looking at a nearly 4yr/100m contract signing. That's super hard to turn down even if you love where you're at.
    He'd just have to take a pay cut next season, but after that we could offer the 4 year 100 mil with his full Bird Rights

Or he could get hurt and end up on a minimum, I have a hard time believing he will take the pay cut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Anyone think B. Bogdanvic is worth a pick?

Otto Porter is overpaid and overrated. Trading for him would set our franchise back tremendously destroying our flexibility to bring In a legit 3rd star. Randle and Mirotic are both better players than Porter.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

He already bought a house and established roots in NOLA. Definitely think he sees himself staying for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    He already bought a house and established roots in NOLA. Definitely think he sees himself staying for a while.
    Ooh nice

What about Niko+Hill for Porter+Green+1st? I think I would do that. Porter is actually really good, overpaid yes but good with still room to grow. As MM has pointed out it will be really hard to keep both Niko and Randle next season. This would actually allow us to give Randle a slight raise. While picking up a pick.

Probably should be said that the only shred of this article that is substantial enough to be called a "rumor" is that the Pels are interested in Otto Porter.

The rest of the article is basically the author making stuff up off the top of his head. It is no different than the "trade machine" posts made here: pure imagination from someone not named Dell Demps.

I think Diallo and Okafor would have a lot to do with it, too. Make no mistakes, Gentry and Dell have been designing a team that can dismantle the Warriors. That's the goal. It's why we threw AD out there too early after his injury to try and beat them. They want GSW. With our three big rotation, we have the ability to do that. Something they can't stop while we have the pieces to slow their strengths. Healthy, we matchup very well against them, now. No way do we move Randle or Nilo unless Diallo or Okafor ascend to that level. And it isn't trending that direction, yet.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I think Diallo and Okafor would have a lot to do with it, too. Make no mistakes, Gentry and Dell have been designing a team that can dismantle the Warriors. That's the goal. It's why we threw AD out there too early after his injury to try and beat them. They want GSW. With our three big rotation, we have the ability to do that. Something they can't stop while we have the pieces to slow their strengths. Healthy, we matchup very well against them, now. No way do we move Randle or Nilo unless Diallo or Okafor ascend to that level. And it isn't trending that direction, yet.

i agree we have the team that can play with GS even if we have to play AD,,randall and nico at the same time so one of them can guard KD just to make it a lil hard to shoot over them...now im still holding out hope that dallas fade out and ready to trade barnes and hope we can get him without giving up nico.....payton,,jrue,,barnes,,nico,,AD starting 5 going up against GS is what i want to see...moore and randall off of the bench......imo thats our title team....

i dont believe that diallo or okafor will do anything that will force us to move nico or randall......i would trade nico for barnes just so we can have one player that can play KD head to head...

With the way the Rockets are trending, solid but not the world beater they once were, a realistic path I could also see for the Pelicans is Ariza getting bought out toward the buyout deadline with Phoenix going back into tank mode to finish off the season and deciding the Pelicans may be a more competitive destination and opportunity than returning to the middling Rockets.

Rockets probably still have the upper hand but it's not out of the realm.

Playoff Jrue, Payton/Moore, playoff Ariza, AD, Randle/Niko is a really tough matchup for any team in a 7 game series. Could guard any lineup and the potential to exploit almost any lineup as well.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-20-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i agree we have the team that can play with GS even if we have to play AD,,randall and nico at the same time so one of them can guard KD just to make it a lil hard to shoot over them...now im still holding out hope that dallas fade out and ready to trade barnes and hope we can get him without giving up nico.....payton,,jrue,,barnes,,nico,,AD starting 5 going up against GS is what i want to see...moore and randall off of the bench......imo thats our title team....

i dont believe that diallo or okafor will do anything that will force us to move nico or randall......i would trade nico for barnes just so we can have one player that can play KD head to head...
    KD won't even be on the roster next season, you don't have to worry about that anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Lost in that article...

Pelicans general manager Dell Demps has already tried to think big in order to bolster the roster. A year and a half after trading for DeMarcus Cousins, New Orleans made an offer to the Timberwolves for Butler headlined by Nikola Mirotic and an unprotected 2019 first-round pick, according to The Athletic. Guard E’Twaun Moore was included in a version of the deal, league sources say. Minnesota wanted guard Jrue Holiday, and the Pelicans refused.

League sources say the Wolves demanded an unprotected first-rounder in 2022, which is the earliest year that high schoolers could be allowed to once again enter the draft, meaning that class could have double the top talent. But the Pelicans resisted that too; Butler is in the last guaranteed year of his contract and the Pels likely didn’t want to commit high-value future resources in the event that Davis doesn’t stick around. Minnesota had a deadline in place, so it took Philadelphia’s offer.

New Orleans, meanwhile, is still searching for help.

I don't know, I like Payton/Jrue/Moore vs the GSW backcourt. I don't think we win that matchup but we hold our own. Then the series becomes Durant vs Johnson against our bigs vs their bigs. Obviously Durant beats Johnson but I think our bigs obliterate theirs and win us the series.

We trade one of our bigs for a great SF and their Gs still slightly win, Durant still wins (nobody is going to neutralize him), and our bigs win but not as dominant. I don't see any SF worth trading away our bigs advantage for. Unless Diallo or Okafor reach their final form. And I agree, I don't see that.

I also don't see any scenario where we can land a great SF and keep our core together. I think SF will always be our journeyman position. And that's our best play. Also, look at all the winning teams in history, there has to be a weak spot. There's no way outside of video games to have great talent at every position.

A guy over at Reddit says Ramon Sessions is very close to signing with us...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I feel like Sessions has been in the League for 20 years lol. Only to find out, he's only 32. Might not be a terrible signing.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I feel like Sessions has been in the League for 20 years lol. Only to find out, he's only 32. Might not be a terrible signing.
    It's cause he has an old face and has played for 8 teams, so it feels like he must be Jamal Crawford age or something
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru

the sessions thing might have some legs to it....a article says due to personal reasons sessions ask to be release from his contract so he could return to the USA immediately.....if sessions is signing with us then i guess frazier will be cut....

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Anyone think B. Bogdanvic is worth a pick?
    which one

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the sessions thing might have some legs to it....a article says due to personal reasons sessions ask to be release from his contract so he could return to the USA immediately.....if sessions is signing with us then i guess frazier will be cut....
    A man can dream right

meh. I guess he just replaces Frazier.

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    which one
    Bogdan.

He'd just have to take a pay cut next season, but after that we could offer the 4 year 100 mil with his full Bird Rights
    We only have his early Bird Rights after next year. Takes 3 full seasons to get his Full Bird Rights.

He would be risking a lot if he didn't sign that contract. If he got injured he might end up never being offered a big contract again.

Even if you love your job, if someone else offered you 4x the money guaranteed for 4 years.... That's hard to pass up.

Thread Information