Pelicans Report

Thread: Time to end the Ian Clark experiment

Time to end the Ian Clark experiment

He was bad last season and he’s even worse this season. No reason to keep playing him. Give Frank Jackson his minutes for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Frank isn’t good either... he’s either throwing half hearted passes, letting his person score on him or committing a foul... ge needs time.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

No. We are going to need both especially with Payton out an extended amount of time.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Frank isn’t good either... he’s either throwing half hearted passes, letting his person score on him or committing a foul... ge needs time.

lol be careful..the frank lovers only see stats....

the game is too big for him and we dont have the time to wait on him...put him in a trade with hill,,a 1st and diallo, frazier or okafor...

payton being hurt is giving frazier and jackson playing time to give jrue a rest but we need a real backup PG on this team bad to keep the offense flowing....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lol be careful..the frank lovers only see stats....

the game is too big for him and we dont have the time to wait on him...put him in a trade with hill,,a 1st and diallo, frazier or okafor...

payton being hurt is giving frazier and jackson playing time to give jrue a rest but we need a real backup PG on this team bad to keep the offense flowing....
    The dude has literally played 105 minutes of NBA basketball after missing a year due to injury. Not to mention Gentry's rotations are extremely inconsistent not allowing Jackson (or Clark for that matter) to ever get a chance to get into a rhythm and a good number of those minutes were cleanup duty where he doesn't really get to do anything for the 2 minutes he's out there running out the clock ...

Maybe we can give him just a few more minutes before we completely write him off.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 11-18-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The dude has literally played 105 minutes of NBA basketball after missing a year due to injury. Not to mention Gentry's rotations are extremely inconsistent not allowing Jackson (or Clark for that matter) to ever get a chance to get into a rhythm and a good number of those minutes were cleanup duty where he doesn't really get to do anything for the 2 minutes he's out there running out the clock ...

Maybe we can give him just a few more minutes before we completely write him off.

thats my point...gentry is not playing him...maybe he dont trust him...i think we all agree that we need to make a deep playoff run to show AD he can win here and with the big 4 we have in AD,,jrue,,nico,,randall so how is frank going to get the mins he need to improve or show out?....the team do practice so gentry has to see something from him in practice.......gentry has shown that he is going with the players he trust and it looks like frank aint one of them right now....

we all know the 8 man rotation is johnson,,randall and miller......clark is the 9th man on our healthy team.....if we had a 10 man rotation like Toronto have or a couple of other teams, the pelicans would be off the chain crazy unstoppable...

i think its safe to say if this team stay healthy,,frank aint getting off the bench....so if gentry wont play him then trade him for someone who gentry will trust that can give us bench depth......im not writing him off as a bad player because he can play...im saying if gentry is only going to use him in mins to spell jrue when the team is hurt then package him in a trade to get some bench depth that can help us out because he is the best younger player that may bring something back we can use......

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Clark is way better than Frazier and one of them will have to play given Payton's injury
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    thats my point...gentry is not playing him...maybe he dont trust him...i think we all agree that we need to make a deep playoff run to show AD he can win here and with the big 4 we have in AD,,jrue,,nico,,randall so how is frank going to get the mins he need to improve or show out?....the team do practice so gentry has to see something from him in practice.......gentry has shown that he is going with the players he trust and it looks like frank aint one of them right now....

we all know the 8 man rotation is johnson,,randall and miller......clark is the 9th man on our healthy team.....if we had a 10 man rotation like Toronto have or a couple of other teams, the pelicans would be off the chain crazy unstoppable...

i think its safe to say if this team stay healthy,,frank aint getting off the bench....so if gentry wont play him then trade him for someone who gentry will trust that can give us bench depth......im not writing him off as a bad player because he can play...im saying if gentry is only going to use him in mins to spell jrue when the team is hurt then package him in a trade to get some bench depth that can help us out because he is the best younger player that may bring something back we can use......
    Well because we are one more injury away from having to give Jackson a ton of minutes and because we can't keep an 8 man rotation for the entire year. We simply have to give other players minutes.

Jackson has enough potential that he's worth giving minutes to because his ceiling is so much higher than any player we could get back for him.

Clark is getting good shots, he's just clanking all of them

Realistically. Between the SG and PG spot, during the playoffs, you're talking about 96 minutes of game.

Hopefully by that point, Wesley will be even more intune with our players and taking most of the SF minutes with Miller backing him up.

So you have 96 minutes for Jrue, Payton, and Moore. Last year in the Blazers series, Jrue and Rondo got close to 40 minutes a game and Moore got 27 (time at SF). That's 107 minutes total. If Johnson and Miller can man that SF spot with Niko or Randle getting a few minutes there, Jrue and Payton could average 38 min each, and Moore could get 20 min at G and 7 at SF and it would replicate last year's playoffs. We even have breathing room where Moore could average more minutes at G if need be.

In short, if we're healthy in the postseason, neither Frank nor Ian will see any relevant minutes. If they do, someone got injured and we're up a creek, anyways. Keep in mind, even the Warriors have to throw in players of their caliber during the regular season. There's 82 games.

This should also highlight to you guys just how important Johnson will be to our rotation. He would allow Moore to solely backup the G spot and keep great to good players on the floor at all times. Just like at F/C. AD can get 40 min a game and then Randle and Niko only have 56 min to split between the two of them. Keeping two great players on the floor at all times.

Our playoff rotation, if healthy, is pretty legit.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 11-18-2018 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Realistically. Between the SG and PG spot, during the playoffs, you're talking about 96 minutes of game.

Hopefully by that point, Wesley will be even more intune with our players and taking most of the SF minutes with Miller backing him up.

So you have 96 minutes for Jrue, Payton, and Moore. Last year in the Blazers series, Jrue and Rondo got close to 40 minutes a game and Moore got 27 (time at SF). That's 107 minutes total. If Johnson and Miller can man that SF spot with Niko or Randle getting a few minutes there, Jrue and Payton could average 38 min each, and Moore could get 20 min at G and 7 at SF and it would replicate last year's playoffs. We even have breathing room where Moore could average more minutes at G if need be.

In short, if we're healthy in the postseason, neither Frank nor Ian will see any relevant minutes. If they do, someone got injured and we're up a creek, anyways. Keep in mind, even the Warriors have to throw in players of their caliber during the regular season. There's 82 games.

This should also highlight to you guys just how important Johnson will be to our rotation. He would allow Moore to solely backup the G spot and keep great to good players on the floor at all times. Just like at F/C. AD can get 40 min a game and then Randle and Niko only have 56 min to split between the two of them. Keeping two great players on the floor at all times.

Our playoff rotation, if healthy, is pretty legit.
    You mean 'if ever'

You mean never ever

I'm not going to pretend I can judge what frank Jackson will become, but if we are healthy and he isn't getting minutes I'd be questioning how much garbage time we are affording ourselves. I have no problem with him getting spare minutes here and there because of injuries, and rolling him out when we rack up good scores. He's a rookie who has a lot to learn and I have no issues giving him time to grow, having some energetic cult personalities on the team with him and diallo is nothing if not fun and lively. clark will probably continue to be himself, and have stretches of shooting well, and then cold streaks where he doesn't seem to give much. he's been part of some ugly lineups at times, and the defense between him frank and frazier is like picking between different shoes for a kick to the ghoulies

Jackson looked pretty good. He’s still young and he can develop into a quality backup instead of Clark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything, it's time to end the Frazier experiment

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    If anything, it's time to end the Frazier experiment
    He hasn't played since the Minnesota game. It looks like it might be over already.
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Cheaney View Post
    He hasn't played since the Minnesota game. It looks like it might be over already.
    And that wasn't soon enough lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

if it is the Ian Clark experiment vs the Tim Frazier experiment... I'm voting to keep it

Thread Information