Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How would you feel about this trade?

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Get Elfrid Payton back healthy. We don’t need Wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For real.

Trading Jrue was soooooo fetch last off-season.

We found out his best spot is off the ball and he's gotten to play that in four and a half games.......but let's trade him. Lol

Not to be critical of anybody's trade idea, but I wouldn't trade SOLO and W johnson for Wall.

Here is a trade idea that is doable but probably won't be too popular. Wes, Solo, and Randall for Hayward. BEFORE YOU ASK, why does Boston do this?? First, they have both Tatum and Brown to play the three. Second, they need a quality big like Randall. Third, this 4 mil salary break takes them out of LUX. TAX and Wes is expiring. They will need the savings to sign their point guards and the above mentioned going forward. Hate to lose JR, but G. HAYWARD. What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Here is a trade idea that is doable but probably won't be too popular. Wes, Solo, and Randall for Hayward. BEFORE YOU ASK, why does Boston do this?? First, they have both Tatum and Brown to play the three. Second, they need a quality big like Randall. Third, this 4 mil salary break takes them out of LUX. TAX and Wes is expiring. They will need the savings to sign their point guards and the above mentioned going forward. Hate to lose JR, but G. HAYWARD. What say you?
    Would you want to pay Hayward about $100 million for this season and the next two? Not sure I would.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Would you want to pay Hayward about $100 million for this season and the next two? Not sure I would.
    At least Hayward is an asset, Solo clearly a liability. making the payout a little easier to swallow.

At least Hayward is an asset, Solo clearly a liability. making the payout a little easier to swallow.
    IS Hayward an asset right now? He has worse numbers than Moore but is still owed 100m+ over the next 3 years.

As useless as Hill is his entire contract is for less than what Hayward will make just this year. Hayward on his current deal takes us out of running for any type of trade or paying Niko this summer.

Wed basically be a tax team and I'm not sure we'd even be much better, maybe even worse.

Hard pass.

Basketball Guru
    im not giving up randall double double inside game....he is the only bully ball player we have..the only player we have that likes to bang in the paint and can score by doing it and i dont want to loose that part of our offense this season because we need to make a deep run into the playoffs to show our superstar that he can win here and randall will be a big part of winning with his style of play......the money with hayward is a problem also........

i would just wait til the deadline and try to move hill and parts...im holding out for dallas to go south and see if we can get barnes from them since we ask about getting him....

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    IS Hayward an asset right now? He has worse numbers than Moore but is still owed 100m+ over the next 3 years.

As useless as Hill is his entire contract is for less than what Hayward will make just this year. Hayward on his current deal takes us out of running for any type of trade or paying Niko this summer.

Wed basically be a tax team and I'm not sure we'd even be much better, maybe even worse.

Hard pass.
    I understand that this move would handcuff us on future trade options. But how does it stop us from signing Nico? We have his bird rights

I understand that this move would handcuff us on future trade options. But how does it stop us from signing Nico? We have his bird rights
    Because we'd be in luxury tax and could very well be outbid by a team if Niko is offered a larger than we'd want to pay contract.

Hayward handcuffs us in many way because of just the sheer amount of money he is owed over the 3 years and is playing at an all time low. If he doesn't drastically improve his contract will end up being one of the worst in the league.

It's simply not worth it.

Basketball Guru
    Because we'd be in luxury tax and could very well be outbid by a team if Niko is offered a larger than we'd want to pay contract.

Hayward handcuffs us in many way because of just the sheer amount of money he is owed over the 3 years and is playing at an all time low. If he doesn't drastically improve his contract will end up being one of the worst in the league.

i can hear it now...people killing dell talking about he did another asik contract lol...

Based on that, I guess our target is status quo.

Based on that, I guess our target is status quo.
    Until closer to the deadline, yes.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Screw it. We aren’t getting a better than serviceable wing for anything cheap. I now say go hard after Kemba Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Screw it. We aren’t getting a better than serviceable wing for anything cheap. I now say go hard after Kemba Walker.
    This I can get behind, Kemba is being wasted in Charlotte..

Send them Hill and 2 1sts for Kemba, Wes is proving to be more than a serviceable 3 for us

Quote Originally Posted by Fraunpetri View Post
    On one hand yea. But I think it's worth thinking about. 110 million is a lot to tie up for 3 players. But Davis signing that supermax is the goal here. If the addition of Wall guarantees that happening I'm all for it. Wall's contract will only starts being a burden to us when Davis supermax kicks in. Probably still better options, but we'd have pretty competitive potential for 2 years.

Without Kemba, Charlotte becomes the most irrelevant team in the league

Devon Booker is the player we should be trying to trade for.

1. He’s from right down the street. Moss Point, MS. His family would be able to attend the games which goes a long way.

2. He’s very unhappy in Phoenix and has already been talking about teaming up with Karl Anthony-Towns in a different city when their contracts are up.

3. He has the Kentucky connection with The Brow and Randle.

4. He adds a knockdown shooter on the wing and improves spacing on the floor.

I’d be trying to figure out how to make that happen. John Wall doesn’t hit the 3-ball well enough in my opinion.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post

1. He’s from right down the street. Moss Point, MS. His family would be able to attend the games which goes a long way.

2. He’s very unhappy in Phoenix and has already been talking about teaming up with Karl Anthony-Towns in a different city when their contracts are up.

I’d be trying to figure out how to make that happen. John Wall doesn’t hit the 3-ball well enough in my opinion.
    Booker is their franchise just like Davis is New Orleans.
    Only way you get Booker is for Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post

Why people need to pass a test before being allowed to post. Everyone should not have the right....
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Why people need to pass a test before being allowed to post. Everyone should not have the right....
    Strong concur

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Devin Booker would have to drink a kitten smoothie to even be seen in a bad light in Phoenix. And even then, we'd never get a trade for him.

A player of that caliber on a rookie deal isn't in the cards. Not unless we want to part with Jrue or Davis. Which defeats the whole purpose of making the trade. Like Mac has been saying, some optomistic team with a player or two we could really use will need to fall ike 20 games below .500 so we can scoop 'em up as they embrace the rebuild.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    MM.... let's say I'm interested in Warren and Caanan from Phoenix at some point in time.... feasible in your mind or no?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Thread Information