Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: November 14th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 7-6

Beautiful. Injury to insult.

Man screw the Wolves....and now Niko is dinged up....moving on to NY

We got mobbed by our own bench. 5 combined points.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    Randle and Davis really let me down tonight... Davis’ numbers may look good but he wasn’t MVP caliber tonight at all.
    I agree with this . His overall effort was poor tonight ...
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

What a calamity of a game. Awful, AWFUL, first quarter, the second quarter was half awful, and the final five minutes of the fourth have been horrible. Bad reffing too, but that's not the cause of the loss. PLUS the injury to Mirotic, again?
    Basketball.

Minn had a point to prove after the Butler trade and we played like trash for 2 quarters. It happens, just take care of the next 6 teams under .500 that we play.

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    Randle and Davis really let me down tonight... Davis’ numbers may look good but he wasn’t MVP caliber tonight at all.
    Our pg play just hasn’t been good enough since Payton went down. Jrue is much better when he isn’t relied on to be the general. Having said that, we can’t be losing games against the Timberwolves when Moore is putting up 30. We have to break away from this lackadaisical 500 basketball that plagued us last year.

Well, Gentry is not going lead this team no further than the 1st round. His team is just so undisciplined ie.. shots selection and being too cute at the wrong times in the game. I don't get it to play one way in one game and another way the next. Very inconsistent and it starts at the top.

Once you get down by 21 you're forced to play perfect basketball and can't withstand any runs by the other team... We lost it when we got down that far because we all know this team is no playing perfect basketball and certainly not for a full half.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Well, Gentry is not going lead this team no further than the 1st round. His team is just so undisciplined ie.. shots selection and being too cute at the wrong times in the game. I don't get it to play one way in one game and another way the next. Very inconsistent and it starts at the top.
    He literally lead them further than the 1st round last year....

Didn't you just say like 5 minutes ago hat we should relax because we're in the drivers seat?

It's kind of easy to say you told us when you've said every possible thing.

Stop it Man. Everyone from this forum want Pels to win, but that kind of stupid loses give some of us f...g headache.

really bad loss

The pelicans need to become more consistent. Losing today takes some of the shine away from the Toronto win. We need to go on a legit winning streak to makeup ground from the 6 game losing streak. The west is no joke and we can’t give away games we should win .

Even without Payton we are better than the Timberwolves , but you still
    Gotta show up and play a full game

I'd rather have no injuries at all, but Payton is so important. We have nothing behind him. We can mask Niko being out for a bit. Gotta get Elfrid back.

We're are about to go on a tear. guys. This next stretch is mickey mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He literally lead them further than the 1st round last year....
    The way that 2nd round went it may as well have been 1st. The Pelicans IQ as a team needs to improve. We also need more depth because being tired causes the bad decisions.

The way that 2nd round went it may as well have been 1st. The Pelicans IQ as a team needs to improve. We also need more depth because being tired causes the bad decisions.
    That's what we call ''moving the goalposts'' there, I think.

''He couldn't even lead them further than the first round!''
    ''But he did lead them further than the first round.''
    ''Yeah but we lost the second round, so he may as well not have led us past the first round.''

That's some pretty shoddy logic.

That's stupid. Golden State rolled everyone last year. Stop trying to move the goal post after being wrong.

No one will beat golden state . The goal should be to put yourself in a position to take over the west when Golden State blows up

So in the 1st quarter when Jrue, AD and Moore were literally passing the ball straight to T-wolves guys, they were doing it because they were tired?

Damn, cant even get a full quarter out of our guys before they tired, how are we supposed to even play a full game??

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    So in the 1st quarter when Jrue, AD and Moore were literally passing the ball straight to T-wolves guys, they were doing it because they were tired?

Damn, cant even get a full quarter out of our guys before they tired, how are we supposed to even play a full game??
    AD and Moore were not the problem, in terms of turnovers. I think Moore had 2 and AD had 1. It was Jrue and Randle having 10 between them that killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    AD and Moore were not the problem, in terms of turnovers. I think Moore had 2 and AD had 1. It was Jrue and Randle having 10 between them that killed.
    AD didnt have any turnovers in the stat sheet, his lack of hustle in the 1st quarter contributed to a few though

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Most of the turnover issues will be alleviated once we get Payton back to run the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    AD didnt have any turnovers in the stat sheet, his lack of hustle in the 1st quarter contributed to a few though
    Sure but I think you get into muddy waters when you start discussing the metaphysics of basketball. Safer to just blame whoever chucked the ball into the crowd

Not trying to deflect from the Pels disappointing loss but last night was the night of upsets in the NBA. Raptors, Spurs, Sixers, and Jazz all lost to sub 500 teams. Season is still early folks.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 11-15-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Not trying to deflect from the Pels disappointing loss but last night was the night of upsets in the NBA. Raptors, Spurs, Sixers, Jazz, and Blazers all loss to sub 500 teams. Season is still early folks.
    Yeah, I think if you're about ready to throw the season away, you're overreacting. It's important not to minimise too much though: 14 games in, okay. You can still say it's early 20 games in, or 25. But eventually you have to start being concerned, and I think concern is reasonable at the minute. Complete apocalyptic doomsaying is a bit far though.

Thread Information