Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: 12th November - New Orleans Pelicans @ Toronto Raptors - 6-6

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Not being a smart arse, but was wondering why you still have Nelson as your Avi?
    Coz this site has ridiculous size restrictions on the size of the avvy. Every time I find a pic I want to use, it spits it at me. Basically given up

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    15-8 record incoming.
    This would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    This was the best all round game by Jrue I've seen.
    One of those Portland games during the playoffs was better (can't remember which maybe game 4 I'm thinking of where he put up 30ish) but this one was right up there and it was against a team playing really good ball right now.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Great team win vs a 12-1 squad. The starters played awesome.

I watched the game last night as I was on the road and board. It was worth staying up for (I am in NY). The team played within themselves, and it looked like they wanted to play (sometimes it looks like not everyone is fully invested). It made me wonder what would happen if we got this level of play every night.

I think I looked up te Raptors coach’s wiki page like 7 times last night because I didn’t know wth he was.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    There is something different about this team, and I like it. We aren't as sloppy (the WC trip had sloppy games due to roster adjustments), we have great depth, and everyone is actually improving each game, which is all a sign of good coaching. I knew that we would win last nights game after the 1st quarter, whereas last year, I would not have been comfortable til the end. For me, that is a huge leap! There is a swagger this team possesses, and it really shows in Jrue's play. He is simply amazing right now, especially in shutting other guys down. His effort is contagious and you can see the rest of the team feeding off of that. It's a beautiful thing!

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    There is something different about this team, and I like it. We aren't as sloppy (the WC trip had sloppy games due to roster adjustments), we have great depth, and everyone is actually improving each game, which is all a sign of good coaching. I knew that we would win last nights game after the 1st quarter, whereas last year, I would not have been comfortable til the end. For me, that is a huge leap! There is a swagger this team possesses, and it really shows in Jrue's play. He is simply amazing right now, especially in shutting other guys down. His effort is contagious and you can see the rest of the team feeding off of that. It's a beautiful thing!
    You can see the moment he decides to just say alright I'm taking this ish over and honestly when he does do that he really looks like the best player on the court

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    You can see the moment he decides to just say alright I'm taking this ish over and honestly when he does do that he really looks like the best player on the court

absolutely! What I love is that he now has an identity, one that is totally unique in the league. Everyone respects his game and fears him on D. Just look at the past few games what he has done to Booker, Kawhi, and Lowry on the defensive end ... incredible! He's insanely silky on the offensive end where it just looks like he is gliding sometimes, and yet he is hellish and ferocious on d; it's very yin and yang.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    absolutely! What I love is that he now has an identity, one that is totally unique in the league. Everyone respects his game and fears him on D. Just look at the past few games what he has done to Booker, Kawhi, and Lowry on the defensive end ... incredible! He's insanely silky on the offensive end where it just looks like he is gliding sometimes, and yet he is hellish and ferocious on d; it's very yin and yang.
    And you could see how frustrated those 2 were last night lol I loved it and yeah he makes some insane layups and then his mid range is just money and if that 3 would just fall at an average rate just whoa and yeah he has his brain fart moments but ehh I'll take it over him being tenitive.

Jrue has to be in the running for an All Star spot this year surely

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Jrue has to be in the running for an All Star spot this year surely
    If all-star spots were decided by overall performance, there would be no question. Unfortunately, all-star spots are decided by a mixture of offensive numbers and popularity. So he's not going to get picked over Curry, Westbrook, Klay, Lillard, McCollum, Booker, for example.
    Basketball.

Yeah.

But just imagine if we were in the East.......

*frolicks through meadows

Not a big fan of PER metric, but it is cool that the Pelicans have 4 of the top 12 NBA power forwards in PER right now! Davis, Mirotic, Randle, and Diallo.

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    Not a big fan of PER metric, but it is cool that the Pelicans have 4 of the top 12 NBA power forwards in PER right now! Davis, Mirotic, Randle, and Diallo.
    No metric is perfect, but PER is pretty good as they go. Top PERs in the league usually reflect the consensus best players.

That said, I did hear that the PER metric was basically designed to give Michael Jordan the highest rating of any player that ever existed at that point. The first version apparently gave David Robinson the highest score, and the creator modified the formula until MJ won out.

Apparently. I have no source for this, it's just something I heard around.

Thread Information