Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rockets to Cut Melo

We have hill, wes and miller.All is said, if you don't want to take a chance on a player of melo's caliber at cheap, then you are a mediocrity lover.

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    We have hill, wes and miller.All is said, if you don't want to take a chance on a player of melo's caliber at cheap, then you are a mediocrity lover.
    The Rockets thought the same thing and it only took them 11 games to realize that was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The Rockets thought the same thing and it only took them 11 games to realize that was a mistake.
    Pretty sure OKC realised this early on too, but that contract.

Melo is cooked.
    Hopefully he goes to GSW.

Dantoni and Melo have history. Even Jalen Rose confirmed that Dantoni is the type of guy to hold grudges. Its in his interest to try to sabotage him. Everyone is saying Melo is being used as a scapegoat except the ones who choose to hate him. It's hard to compare Melo stats with Wes, Miller and Hill; and say one is trash and the others are good to go without seeming like a straight up hater.

Whether or not Melo would actually be signed, there has to be a discussion about it within the front office.

Would he fit, would AD want him, as a player on a good team would he accept being a role player instead of the man? Is he better than what the team has now?
    Could he create his own shot as the 24 is winding down, the Pels could use that.

I am not sure any of us can answer those questions, but I hope the front office is discussing them!

I would say I am 50/50 on Melo joining this team, I compare this to the Boogie trade, the talent of Melo in theory is intriguing, the attitude is not, but would it work ?????????
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Even Hill is better than Melo.

Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Dantoni and Melo have history. Even Jalen Rose confirmed that Dantoni is the type of guy to hold grudges. Its in his interest to try to sabotage him. Everyone is saying Melo is being used as a scapegoat except the ones who choose to hate him. It's hard to compare Melo stats with Wes, Miller and Hill; and say one is trash and the others are good to go without seeming like a straight up hater.
    So you're now saying D'antoni is so bend to hold a grudge against Melo that he'd sabotage HIS OWN TEAM and risk his career and playoff hopes because of it?

Do you know how grudges work?

So you're now saying D'antoni is so bend to hold a grudge against Melo that he'd sabotage HIS OWN TEAM and risk his career and playoff hopes because of it?

Do you know how grudges work?
    Cutting 11 games into the season is not sabotaging playoff hopes. It sabotages Melo

Well looks like we're in the mix
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...armelo-Anthony

“I heard three teams I think it can be for Melo, and this could change—I mean, he’s still with Houston—New Orleans, Portland and the L.A. Lakers. Those are the three teams I heard,” said Kevin O'Connor

Basketball Guru
    reports are saying that melo reps are looking for teams that are interested in him and his reps has not made publicly what teams he would like to go to or put out teams that want him....

the link you posted is talking about teams the reporter thinks may be interested in melo....come on now,,we are being mention because of our SF position but its not by our front office....

now maybe melo reps told someone he would be open to playing with us thinking he can start at our SF position...

now you dont see anywhere that the pelicans front office is thinking or want to sign melo.....all you see is a reporter wishful thinking....maybe i read the article wrong but until i see something from us then ill believe we are in the mix...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    reports are saying that melo reps are looking for teams that are interested in him and his reps has not made publicly what teams he would like to go to or put out teams that want him....

the link you posted is talking about teams the reporter thinks may be interested in melo....come on now,,we are being mention because of our SF position but its not by our front office....

now maybe melo reps told someone he would be open to playing with us thinking he can start at our SF position...

now you dont see anywhere that the pelicans front office is thinking or want to sign melo.....all you see is a reporter wishful thinking....maybe i read the article wrong but until i see something from us then ill believe we are in the mix...
    The reporter said those are the three teams he "heard". I'm just posting the link man. You can believe it or not.

Basketball Guru
    The reporter said those are the three teams he "heard". I'm just posting the link man. You can believe it or not.
    again,,heard from who?....the only reports about melo is that his reps are looking for a landing spot for him......so maybe the reporter is putting out that melo is open to playing for those teams....the lakers dont need him so where is that coming from?....i dont think we want him so where is that coming from?....

i think its his people throwing out teams so until i see that we are interested in melo then ill believe it.....your comment said, well look like we are in the mix base on that article and i know how much you want us to sign melo.....all im saying is that ill believe it when i see something from the pelicans..i think that is fair...

Cutting 11 games into the season is not sabotaging playoff hopes. It sabotages Melo
    I mean are you even reading what you're proposing to defend Melo? That an NBA coach who had one of the best records last year purposely tried to tank a player WHO IS BEST FRIENDS with another guy on your team that was a big part of that winning and you're paying 200m dollars simply to hold some imaginary grudge over the player...

No dude, the Knicks gave up on Melo because he was bad, the Thunder actually took back a terrible contract to get rid of him, and now the Rockets are dumping him a month into the season because he was a terrible fit for their team.

This isn't some D'antoni conspiracy unless you are also suggesting that D'antoni can control the actions of multiple NBA teams. It's insane that you're actually straight faced suggesting this.

Just accept the far more obvious and easy answer to all of this: Melo isn't good anymore; instead of trying to concoct this elaborate scenario where Melo is the good guy and everyone is just out to get him.

This runs directly contrary to what the Pels. Beat writer has already reported on the Pels and Melo.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 11-14-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Untrue. The Pels have already come out and said they are not interested in Melo.
    No, William Guillory has come out and said Pels aren't interested.

No, William Guillory has come out and said Pels aren't interested.
    Correct. So how are we in the mix if Will has already reported we aren't interested at all?

I mean are you even reading what you're proposing to defend Melo? That an NBA coach who had one of the best records last year purposely tried to tank a player WHO IS BEST FRIENDS with another guy on your team that was a big part of that winning and you're paying 200m dollars simply to hold some imaginary grudge over the player...

No dude, the Knicks gave up on Melo because he was bad, the Thunder actually took back a terrible contract to get rid of him, and now the Rockets are dumping him a month into the season because he was a terrible fit for their team.

This isn't some D'antoni conspiracy unless you are also suggesting that D'antoni can control the actions of multiple NBA teams. It's insane that you're actually straight faced suggesting this.

Just accept the far more obvious and easy answer to all of this: Melo isn't good anymore; instead of trying to concoct this elaborate scenario where Melo is the good guy and everyone is just out to get him.
    Yeah the Knicks gave up on Melo so much they waited to get a good deal before trading him. I can pull receipts and show many people on this board willing to give up Moore, Hill and a 1st to bring in Melo last summer. So kill that talk that he was seen as bad before OKC.

I'm not the only one to suggest Dantoni holding a grudge. Jalen Rose, a well respected analyst, suggested it as well. A Rockets representative also came out and said Melo is being used as a scapegoat. Not sure if you're actually keeping up with the news or not.

Correct. So how are we in the mix if Will has already reported we aren't interested at all?
    Because Kevin has reported that we are

Yeah the Knicks gave up on Melo so much they waited to get a good deal before trading him. I can pull receipts and show many people on this board willing to give up Moore, Hill and a 1st to bring in Melo last summer. So kill that talk that he was seen as bad before OKC.

I'm not the only one to suggest Dantoni holding a grudge. Jalen Rose, a well respected analyst, suggested it as well. A Rockets representative also came out and said Melo is being used as a scapegoat. Not sure if you're actually keeping up with the news or not.
    None of that addresses the fact that you're suggesting an NBA coach is purposely trying to tank a player who's best friend just signed one of the largest contracts in NBA history with his team.

If Melo is being made out to be a scapegoat why hasn't CP3 stepped up and called the team out for it? Why are Harden and CP3 OK with this happening if D'antoni is actually the one at fault and not Melo?

None of your logic makes sense. Why did OKC get rid of Melo then? Why did they take back bad assets just to move him? How is D'antoni the one at fault when multiple teams have all now written Melo off?

And Will actually TALKED to the team and they said they weren't interested.

Because Melo's agent is doing his job, trying to create the perception that teams are interested in him.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    again,,heard from who?....the only reports about melo is that his reps are looking for a landing spot for him......so maybe the reporter is putting out that melo is open to playing for those teams....the lakers dont need him so where is that coming from?....i dont think we want him so where is that coming from?....

i think its his people throwing out teams so until i see that we are interested in melo then ill believe it.....your comment said, well look like we are in the mix base on that article and i know how much you want us to sign melo.....all im saying is that ill believe it when i see something from the pelicans..i think that is fair...
    Do you really think you are ever going to have the Pelicans come out and say they are interested in a player that is currently under contract with another team? That would be tampering.

And Will actually TALKED to the team and they said they weren't interested.
    He actually was very vague. He said he talked to a few people around the team. I hope they are not interested, but would not rely on Guillory based on his vague tweet.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Do you really think you are ever going to have the Pelicans come out and say they are interested in a player that is currently under contract with another team? That would be tampering.
    i forgot the dude was still under contract just that quick....

Thread Information