Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: November 10th - New Orleans Pelicans Vs Phoenix Suns - 5-6

Pelicans November 10th - New Orleans Pelicans Vs Phoenix Suns - 5-6

We finally got another win last game. This should be another, and then that's .500 for us.

Upsides: AD is back, and after last game, looks to be a little more himself. Randle is still great, and Jrue is brilliant. Miller can still shoot, and Wesley Johnson is able to give meaningful minutes at the SF position.

Downsides: Payton is still out, and for the first time, Niko is out tonight too. Sure, Niko's been struggling from the 3pt line recently, but he's played good defense and rebounded well, and there's no question that we'll miss that.

Our opponent tonight is the Phoenix Suns. They are 2-9. They have the worst ppg in the league, the worst offensive rating, the 4th worst defensive rating, and the 4th slowest pace. One of their two wins was by 2 points, and that narrow victory is the only thing between them and being on a 10 game losing streak. They are 29th in the league in offensive rebounding, 24th in defensive rebounding, 29th in blocks, 25th in steals, 21st in assists, and they are the third worst turnover team in the league. They suck, just all over the floor. Both ends. We should have no real problem in beating them, even without Niko and Payton. Tonight should be a beat-down.

We have available: AD, Jrue, Randle, Moore, Clark, Miller, Diallo, Wesley Johnson, Jackson, Okafor, and Frazier. That should still be enough to deal with Devin Booker, Trevor Ariza, Deandre Ayton, TJ Warren and Isaiah Canaan.

So let's go out there and do it: we have the team, they suck, we're at home, well rested, so it's time to get that W. #DoItBig
    Basketball.

Bucks didn't do us a favour, losing to LAC.

Dang. I got swindled making the food run. Forgot the game started early. Gonna miss the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Dang. I got swindled making the food run. Forgot the game started early. Gonna miss the tip.
    ''Dang. I got swindled'' is the most 1920s way of starting that sentence possible. I love it.

Lol.

And I'm almost back. I should never complain about traffic and commutes to the city folk.

I tell you, Devin Booker is the absolute definition of garbage stats.

AD just put the ball on the floor driving on Ayton, Ayton had that deer-in-headlights look.

Jrue with the pass-off-the-backboard self assist dunk.

The Phoenix Suns have the collective basketball IQ of a gerbil.

If it weren't for the turnovers, we'd be up 10 already.

AD tracked that block perfectly. Picturesque.

AD is drawing so many fouls early. He's not making the shots, which is a shame, so his shooting percentage looks awful (1 of 4) but he's taken 6 FTs in this first quarter. He's already got a foul on Ayton and 2 fouls on Richaun Holmes.

AD just gave Ayton his 2nd foul, AD has 8 FTs.

Diallo's defense has REALLY improved so far this season, amazed to see it but happy.

Devin Booker has some of the worst body language in the league. He loiters, passes, avoids looking at the play, like a stroppy toddler.

7 turnovers in the first quarter. That's appalling, but the fact that we're still up 7 is purely a result of the Suns being trash. We haven't played great.

4 turnovers for Jrue

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    4 turnovers for Jrue
    That's really the biggest issue of the first quarter for me. Shot well from the field, played decent defense, good assist-to-shot ratio, making the FTs, everything is fine except we're turning the ball over like it's a good thing.

Chieck Diallo > Deandre Ayton

The refs are really calling some touch fouls tonight wow

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Diallo put up 5pts and 7 rbs in 9 minutes.
    Ayton has 2pts and 3 rbs in 14 minutes.

Diallo should have been a first pick.

Tim Frazier is just woeful.

AD gets a clean steal, wide open dunk, refs call it a kick.

*sigh*

Good boy 3 Twaun

If only we could add TJ Warren somehow

Thread Information