Pelicans Report

Thread: Wolves trade Butler to 76ers

Wolves trade Butler to 76ers

Yeah, just go and write the 76ers name on the next few Larry O’Brien trophies
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Nah, don't.
    Basketball.

76ers just trade their two best 3pt shooters. If this were the 90s I'd be worried, now I'm not even sure how much better they are. Crowd the paint and they are going to struggle big time.

Basketball Guru
    yeah for covington,,,saric and a 2022 second round pick....i still think jimmy will sign in new york or Miami in the off season for the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    76ers just trade their two best 3pt shooters. If this were the 90s I'd be worried, now I'm not even sure how much better they are. Crowd the paint and they are going to struggle big time.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

Will he be happy on a team that plays defense but can't shoot? That's a lot to give up for a rental

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Will he be happy on a team that plays defense but can't shoot? That's a lot to give up for a rental
    He will be happy because they are going to offer him 5yr/190m this summer.

Basketball Guru
    whats making me mad about the game is that there're articles out thats saying that lebron and his friend james jones who is the suns GM made a sneaky friendship deal to buyout tyson chandler early so he can go to the lakers....the article says that the suns granted tyson the buyout now instead of in February or march when the traditional wave of buyouts occur....saying that jones being a long time friend of lebron did him a solid....

so is this tampering lol..lebron and jones talked him into the buyout so he can come to the lakers to help them out now instead of february or march...no other teams heard about the buyout and he goes to the lakers....also its said that lebron said on a radio show a couple of days ago that he wants to be an nba owner one day and want james jones to work in his front office lol...now if that part is true then how cant you not see this as sneaky tampering going on behind the scenes smh........i guess its all about what you can prove or let him get away with trying to get the lakers on top for the nba.....you got friends on opposing teams ,,one a player and the other a gm and doing a favor for a player to be on the other friend team.....again if this is true then the nba is in a sad place....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    whats making me mad about the game is that there're articles out thats saying that lebron and his friend james jones who is the suns GM made a sneaky friendship deal to buyout tyson chandler early so he can go to the lakers....the article says that the suns granted tyson the buyout now instead of in February or march when the traditional wave of buyouts occur....saying that jones being a long time friend of lebron did him a solid....

so is this tampering lol..lebron and jones talked him into the buyout so he can come to the lakers to help them out now instead of february or march...no other teams heard about the buyout and he goes to the lakers....also its said that lebron said on a radio show a couple of days ago that he wants to be an nba owner one day and want james jones to work in his front office lol...now if that part is true then how cant you not see this as sneaky tampering going on behind the scenes smh........i guess its all about what you can prove or let him get away with trying to get the lakers on top for the nba.....you got friends on opposing teams ,,one a player and the other a gm and doing a favor for a player to be on the other friend team.....again if this is true then the nba is in a sad place....
    Yeah, Lebron can do whatever he wants and the commissioner will look the other way. Kinda like Jordan and Kobe in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He will be happy because they are going to offer him 5yr/190m this summer.
    Well that would make me happy as well!

According to ESPN, the Pelicans were making a last minute push for Jimmy Butler prior to his trade to the 76ers. Minnesota was incistent on getting Jrue Holiday who the Pelicans would not trade, thankfully.

Good move by Dell not to give up Holiday. Not too concerned about the multiple picks, but not sure what players he wanted with the picks.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Not a chance in the world should we trade Jrue unless we're getting back Giannis, Jayson Tatum, or some wing player with elite potential on both sides of the court. And even then, I'd be apprehensive since we'd still have 2 elite players, not 3 like is completely required nowadays.

But I knew we'd be involved in a Butler trade discussion at some point. Figures Minny would want the world for him. Why voluntarily make another powerful team in the West?

I agree. Too many powerful teams in the West. That's not good for the league in general imo.
    You'll love food cooked on pellet smokers so get one for yourself.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Uh. Sounds almost like you don’t want the Pels to become an elite team them.

Interesting that we were offering mirotic and unprotected first. https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/t...76ers-rockets/
    Article also states that Niko is not very good. Amazing that these writers must not watch games. His stat line is pretty good. Watching him, he fits in well with AD.

Thread Information