Pelicans Report

Thread: Over/Under on Actual Attendance

Over/Under on Actual Attendance

Announced will be over 14k because of season tickets. Actual buts in seats below 8k. Sad, this team was on the verge of capturing this town before November. Now it might have to wait until March. Just glad Gayle is still at the helm for security measures. I guess a positive from last weeks implosion was that three of the games were played late at night and might have been missed.

I will try to remain positive. It's hard to these days.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

why is it so hard to remain positive? stressing about things you have zero influence over doesn't get you anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    why is it so hard to remain positive? stressing about things you have zero influence over doesn't get you anywhere.
    You are so correct. Ironically, I apply that to my life on a daily basis...don't know why the Pels brings out this in me? Will work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    You are so correct. Ironically, I apply that to my life on a daily basis...don't know why the Pels brings out this in me? Will work on it.
    it's easy to do, especially when you WANT something to go a certain way badly. It's just sport though, and with the NBA having such a long season you're going to ride the ups and downs.

Was it just me, or did the Arena seem noticeably packed and alive on the telecast?

Both things struck me as above average for a Pels game

I was at the game. It was thin in the beginning of the game as usual. Lower bowl filled out nicely. Moderately upstairs. Was way over 8K in the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Was it just me, or did the Arena seem noticeably packed and alive on the telecast?

Both things struck me as above average for a Pels game
    The home crowds have been way more engaged. And we are winning at home which helps greatly. I feel it should be a great crowd Saturday.

The entertainment at the game has been way better this year. Not just the music either, like what they filmed with the players before the season to play at games, the stuff they are doing during timeouts, etc.

We aren't best in the league but it's a big step up from where we were. I remember watching feeds of other teams home games and thinking their in arena entertainment was way better. This year we are at least trying. I think that will help bring people out because the arena will still be entertaining even if the game is dull (not everyone is hardcore like most of us to go / watch on a Tuesday night in early November).

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Attendance is always like this until after football season. It will pick up come January. Nothing to freak out about. We will always be in the bottom third of attendance and that’s ok.

Thread Information